Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we buy the mount kit with a stealth black bottle or do we have to buy a white one with the mount and buy black bottle separately?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Believe I had to buy the stealth desperately but ended up going with a different bottle the fit the geometry of my frame better.

Quote | Reply
VR came in, BMC TM02. Is there a special mount kit for it? The standard bottle cage screws on the bike aren't long enough to clear the mount, seat or downtube. Unless I'm just doing something obviously wrong....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The kit comes with specific screws to mount the VR frame on it. You don't use your existing screws.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah. Hope I didn't throw out the packaging, didn't see anything else in there.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,

We can mail you the screws if you tossed them out.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ted, any projected time line for a P5 flat repair/storage compartment?

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [trijunkie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trijunkie123 wrote:

Nope. As of now it's probably not going to happen, at least a P5 Specific unit.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How well does the VR bottle fit on a 51cm P5, anyone have experience with this or pics???

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Zoom_zoom_Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,
I was wondering what the exact Torhans product you used to achieve that.
Mine came out completely different and doesnt look as integrated as yours.
Click to see picture
Would love to get your feedback!

Thanks,

Shai
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [shaisimchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Youve got the right parts. What you do now is unbolt it, lower it down as far as it can go before the front tip hits the down tube, then drill a hole in the mount to hold a screw to screw it back in to the cage mount. I only ever used one screw. For a few dozen races now... never had any issues as long as its on there good and tight. That will let you get it down in to that gap by the bottom bracket. If you really want it to look slick, and since yours is black, you can close the remaining few mm gap with some electrical tape. Then it fits better than it does on a Felt.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Zoom_zoom_Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I did what you suggested (didn't have to drill) and got it as low as possible.
I think because I am riding a smaller frame it does not fit as well and still there is a little gap between the torhans and the frame's bottom bracket area.
Anyways - this is the bike a little closer to finalization - only race wheels are missing for final look (and i might get a different BTA too).

Thanks for the help - much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like the bottom is closer to the seattube than the top.
If so try to get plastic washers between the cage and frame down there to tilt the angle as much as you can. If it's just the picture and it's he same gap all the.......forget about it.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
trijunkie123 wrote:

Nope. As of now it's probably not going to happen, at least a P5 Specific unit.

Hans

Have you gotten any feedback on whether or not the VR works in an Felt IA frame? I've ordered one but I am not sure if it will fit the geometry.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will work, but not a clean fit like the DA. I know some one who has one on their IA. I'll ask him to post a pic here

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
It will work, but not a clean fit like the DA. I know some one who has one on their IA. I'll ask him to post a pic here

Hans

Thanks so much ... as long as there are no penalties to installing when it comes to aero advantage I'm willing to over look the fit. Any plans to redesign around IA Frameset? DA has now been all but phased out? Keeping it around for the large number of B and DA series bikes ... ???

------
Last edited by: cshowe80: Sep 7, 14 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing I can report right now on the IA. I can say however that our new AeroZ BTA will have an accessory to allow the unit to connect to frames with internal hydration bladders, which is only the SHIV tri...for now.

We are taking over the after market sales of the Felt DA/B series specific Vr units. These should be on our website shortly and available to your local Felt dealer.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
Nothing I can report right now on the IA. I can say however that our new AeroZ BTA will have an accessory to allow the unit to connect to frames with internal hydration bladders, which is only the SHIV tri...for now.

We are taking over the after market sales of the Felt DA/B series specific Vr units. These should be on our website shortly and available to your local Felt dealer.

Hans

Thanks so much for your time and effort in answering my questions. I've been very happy with my Aero20 Torhans bottle so far with one minor exception but Ill let you guys continue to strive to perfect and refine your designs ...

Cheers!!

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same fit issue you are having with my VR bottle installed on seat tube on a different frame.
I don't understand how the "bottle cage" is designed at the top near the valve of the bottle, it is rounded the opposite way of the aero seat tube, for a good fit it would just take the bottle cage to have a "female aero shape" with the seat tube being the "male aero shape", of course not all frames have the same shape but with a slightly bigger radius on the aero cage compare to the average radius from most of the big manufacturers frames, the bottle cage would always fit very close to the seat tube.

Mine looked like yours, the upper part of the cage and bottle was pushed away from the seat tube because of the upper shape of the cage I don't get. A shame as I really wanted to go full Torhans on my bike with Aero30 in the front. Kept Aero30 but sold VR bottle and cage because of that fit issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [pyf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question pyf

The original Vr was designed for the Felt DA, B series that had a curved seat tube. When we designed the universal Vr we wanted to make it...well....universal. Not seat tube specific. So yes we could've made the top concave, however making it convex would incur no aero penalty when now placed on the downtube. A concave holder could really dirty the air coming off of the airfoil downtube.

The Felt DA/B holder does indeed wrap around the seat tube. This is a good option for a lot of frames should you choose to place the Vr on the seat tube. Even if your seat tube is straight, not curved, it will work you just might need longer boss screws.

Hope this helps.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
Good question pyf

The original Vr was designed for the Felt DA, B series that had a curved seat tube. When we designed the universal Vr we wanted to make it...well....universal. Not seat tube specific. So yes we could've made the top concave, however making it convex would incur no aero penalty when now placed on the downtube. A concave holder could really dirty the air coming off of the airfoil downtube.

The Felt DA/B holder does indeed wrap around the seat tube. This is a good option for a lot of frames should you choose to place the Vr on the seat tube. Even if your seat tube is straight, not curved, it will work you just might need longer boss screws.

Hope this helps.

Hans

Thanks Hans,

So the FELT version has actually the same bottle with a better cage for seat tube installation ? If that's correct I wish I had known before ;-))) .
Let me know, then I'll contact you to get the "Felt" kit if you are now in charge of selling it. Thanks !
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [erjordahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am new here but regarding this topic i want to share my experience. I used the bottle in my cycle but after few days i don't think it will worth it for me. I remove the bottle from my cycle and create a customized gift by the cap of the bottle. Isn't it amazing idea to reuse of a bottle! My cousin bought a beautiful bottle cap gift from Inspire Bottle Caps online store and that inspires me to the proper use of bottle caps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea when/if there will be an update version for the Felt IA? I'm interested in using the bottle either way!

Thanks,
Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [erjordahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone fitted one of these to an older P2C?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mancala wrote:
Any idea when/if there will be an update version for the Felt IA? I'm interested in using the bottle either way!

Thanks,
Adrian

No IA specific in the plan for now.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply

Prev Next