Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year:
Tyler was 2:28 I think
Galveston 2:07
Wildflower 2:31 (power was really low and an off day)

Of note last year I rode 4:41 in Kona and 4:38 at IMFL and 2:26 at Vegas and 2:11 at Vineman if those help as "older" data points.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [afbadbrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, fast times. Very nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am all set up on mine as of yesterday...will post the build details, but the main reason I went for the P3 are the following:

1. Superbike like aerodynamics without super bike mechanical hassles
  2. Very adjustable seat mast. My nose of saddle is 4.5 cm behind the BB. The reason I ride in what is effectively a roadie position, is to take weight off my shoulders and neck damaged in a crash 3 years ago
  3. High stack short reach (which makes the above position in line 2 possible). I have zero spacers, with only a 5 cm drop from seat top (68 cm on top of BB) to aeropads
  4. Conventional brakes that I can service myself
  5. Conventional stem, so I can use whatever bar system I want
  6. Easy cable routing
  7. I like the geometry of the 51. Low BB (75mm drop) but a decent head tube angle that is not too slack making it corner well on technical descents
  8. Easy bike to travel with

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you post a closeup picture of how you ran the rear brake cable into the frame?

I have the same bento box. Did you make a hole in the front for the Di2 cables or run them in the front at the zipper?

/Howie Nordström
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great bike ;)

Why do you have a bottle on the down tube? Zero aero penalty to have extra bottle(s) behind the saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lllusion wrote:
Can you post a closeup picture of how you ran the rear brake cable into the frame?

I have the same bento box. Did you make a hole in the front for the Di2 cables or run them in the front at the zipper?

There is a closeup in the dropbox I believe. But where exactly do you want the picture from. Here is my illustration of how it runs:

Yes, used a hole punch in the bottom of the bento box and ran through there. The dropbox folder shoes an image of this a little better.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colnagoguy wrote:
Great bike ;)

Why do you have a bottle on the down tube? Zero aero penalty to have extra bottle(s) behind the saddle?

I wasn't aware of the hydration paper that Damon/Cervelo put out on the hydration setups (http://www.cervelo.com/...nd-aerodynamics.html), until I listened to him talk the other night here in Ft. Woth. By the way, the "Shape of Speed" talk that they did was really impressive.

Will probably adjust hydration setup and run bottle behind and nothing on Downtube for HIM and under, and only a bottle on the back for HIM, nothing shorter. For IM I will run a bottle there and move my "flat/tool kit" to a bottle and put it in the rear. I will need all the room in the bento box for food.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or you can order the new P3 box from Alden... looks impressive... I've ordered one :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [colnagoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already working on that as well, suppose to be testing one for the P3.....Excited to get it and test it out. Hopefully someone puts it in a tunnel as well as I would like to see actual data on it as well.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your illustration and the picture below are what I needed. Thanks!

How did your mechanic manage to route the cable as per your illustration? Is it going around anything? Was there drilling involved? Is it bare cable or in a housing?

/Howie Nordström
Last edited by: lllusion: May 12, 14 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, didn't realize you had picked up a NP3. I got my 54 cm NP3 Ultegra a short while ago and replaced a good chunk of the stock parts with a Quarq PM, Zipp,Vuka Stealth bars, Fizik saddle and Magura brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [lllusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Over the top of steer tube cap. No drilling. Housing all the way through. Routed from rear to front.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked through your pictures but did not see any of how you integrated the battery into the seattube. Any chance you have pictures of this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scott_B wrote:
Hey Dev, didn't realize you had picked up a NP3. I got my 54 cm NP3 Ultegra a short while ago and replaced a good chunk of the stock parts with a Quarq PM, Zipp,Vuka Stealth bars, Fizik saddle and Magura brakes.

I literally got it all set up yesterday and was riding and tweaking things on 2nd line road around 500m from your place...almost pulled over to your place to see its "twin"!!! I replaced the FSA brakes with Ultegra and used my existing cockpit (Bonetrager Carbon clips on with Profile base bar), used my existing saddle (Bonetrager Hilo RLX) and cranks-pedals (Quarq Elsa with Ultegra pedals). So basically my contact points are now identical to what I was riding on Friday with the Slice. I opted for the 51 frame with stem totally buried (no spacers) versus the 48 with 2 cm of spacers, because I felt the 51 will handle better. The 48 has a Harley like slack from end. Reach for the two is 1 cm different so rather than a 100mm stem on the 48, I have a 90mm on the 51.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I definitely can't see you on a 48 cm - you would need a really long stem. I took the bike out for a long ride yesterday and am very happy with my purchase. The Zipp Vuka Stealth is really comfy, although I am still working on dialing my position in with it. The Magura brakes are really powerful. I am also liking the stock 3T Accelero 40 wheels that came with the bike. I had purchased a set of Flo 30s to use as training wheels, but I have decided to keep the 3Ts and will be selling the Flos without even using them once.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stupid question but NP3=new model P3?
Thanks

Randy
http://www.gulfcoasttriteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [slornow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, NP3 = New P3.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [power1369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go (just took them and dropped the seat clam in the seat tube. I was pretty pissed off at you for a few minutes ;) ). There is some foam stuffed in there as well to keep it tight fitting. It has yet to fall out from hitting a big bump or from crappy Texas chip seal.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for taking the picture. Sorry it caused you some grief !!

However, your picture has just cost me $200+ because now I have to try it !!

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to post the picture and answer my questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do love Slowtwitch budget build threads. A bike for everyman is sure to follow.

Sweet ride. Love the NP3.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo NP3 "Super Bike" on a "budget" [power1369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, I had told someone about this build and they asked me to post it up. It is here to help people build a "budget" Super Bike. I think with the TriRig bar you can get really close to what I did, but I just think the integration of the Arduo is just a tad bit tighter. Don't get me wrong TriRig makes great products, and I think for the price of his bar to the Arduo you are better off going with it.

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet bike. I've been eyeing the NP3 all year. My 2009 Felt B14 needs to be retired! Which shop did the build?

Is it my eyes or are you a bit taller on the NP3. You look lower on the old P3. Not sure if the change was for power/comfort reasons or maybe it's just my eyes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be careful with the Aduro as some of them have been recalled. Go here:
http://www.cpsc.gov/...uro-Aero-Handlebars/ to find out if yours has been.
Last edited by: billhardin: May 12, 14 16:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey I'm out in Weatherford. What bike shop do you use primarily?
Quote Reply

Prev Next