Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Hans,

Is this bottle recommended for a Cervelo P5 or are is there something custom to the P5 in the works?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
Hi Hans,

Is this bottle recommended for a Cervelo P5 or are is there something custom to the P5 in the works?

Hi Matto,

Yes, and Yes.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hans,
Matto really needs all the help he can get so pretty please put a rush on it :0)
I just got my limited black version for my Blue Triad. Where is the best placing of it? Eyeball aero says mounted to the seat tube as there is a inch gap between seat tube and bottle if mounted on bottom tube. But..... There is also a small gap where tubes meet Bottom bracket. Eletrical tape will look to ghetto there. Can it be heated with a heat gun to form fit? The bottle and the bottle cage. Itook it out today and must say it is well designed, goes in and out easily at 20-22 mph and easy to drink from when bitten down on. :0)

Quote | Reply
any pictures on how it fits on a speed concept?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Hans,
Matto really needs all the help he can get so pretty please put a rush on it :0)
I just got my limited black version for my Blue Triad. Where is the best placing of it? Eyeball aero says mounted to the seat tube as there is a inch gap between seat tube and bottle if mounted on bottom tube. But..... There is also a small gap where tubes meet Bottom bracket. Eletrical tape will look to ghetto there. Can it be heated with a heat gun to form fit? The bottle and the bottle cage. Itook it out today and must say it is well designed, goes in and out easily at 20-22 mph and easy to drink from when bitten down on. :0)

Hey Bmanners,

Hmmm. I have my Vr mounted on the down tube on my S5, and there is a one inch gap to the seat tube. Obviously frame and size dependent on how 'blended' the bottle will work.

And yes, the spout is in fact a bite valve. Bite and squeeze and will deliver a good volume of flow.

Cheers!

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
any pictures on how it fits on a speed concept?

thanks

Not yet. Hopefully someone will send us a pic soon.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted-

Can I use the Black Limited Edition Black STEALTH VR™20oz (590ml) - Includes Bottle Only. Compatible with Felt DA and universal VR bottle holders. as a place to store a flat kit on my 2012 P2?

thx
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Newyorkfan21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can. You can fit at spare tube in there but not a tubular tire.

Hans

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
You can. You can fit at spare tube in there but not a tubular tire.

Hans

When is your aero bento box for the P5 going to available?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
December 1stish.

Hans Bielat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any pictures of how this flat kit conversion (should) end up looking like?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [quanster42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on how the conversion should look; or maybe a couple of pictures providing a visual how-to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump, anyone have a pic of one yet on a speed concept?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's a dotted line on the bottle that you cut...basically takes off the "bottom" so when the bottle is in the cage it looks the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
also, it looks like felt is selling torhans bottles on their website. do you know if these are just the regular bottles or are they going to be custom graphics for felt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you buy the Felt mount? Apparently the standard mount does not really work on a Giant Trinity Composite frame with the curved seat tube. But it looks like the Felt version with the "wings" on the mount section might work. I also think the bottom portion would fit the profile of the Giant Trinity Composite because it has a flat edge rather than the pointed bottom edge of the standard mount. Or am I just seeing things?

Edit: I just found it on Felt's website. Can you only buy the Felt mount and not the bottle? I don't like the gray bottle.

Last edited by: Jayhox: Nov 13, 12 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be very silly question but how do you drink from this thing? I can't pics anywhere of how to actually use it. Maybe I'm just missing something.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [erjordahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought one to try on a Shiv TT. No go. FYI in case anyone else is interested in trying that.

I've got one for sale. Haven't posted a classified, but send me a message and I'll cut you a deal on a never-used one.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [chrisfreemanca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The black cap is a valve. There is a cut on top that lets water through.

Although cleaning it might be a pain.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [jxj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cleaning it is really easy... you squeeze it and wash it. Way easier than ANY OTHER bottle top Ive seen. You can probably throw it in the dishwasher and it will actually get clean!! This bottle is the cats pajamas!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put all of my gels in there and then filled it up with water. The first time i used it was at Ironman world champs and had no issues with it. It's a great bottle and aero. Great group of guys too!

http://www.MattRussellTri.com -Pro Triathlete -Tri Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flat kit!
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans frame bottle? [nfdmedic4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you use the VR felt bottle as a spares for tubes etc do you modify the bottle or just use the bottle carriage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you buy the Felt mount with a white bottle? Apparently the standard mount does not really work on a Giant Trinity Composite frame with the curved seat tube. But it looks like the Felt version with the "wings" on the mount section might work. I also think the bottom portion would fit the profile of the Giant Trinity Composite because it has a flat edge rather than the pointed bottom edge of the standard mount. Or am I just seeing things?

Edit: I just found it on Felt's website. Can you only buy the Felt mount and not the bottle? I don't like the gray bottle.

Quote | Reply
I found it to be cumbersome as a watter bottle, instead I Dremeled the back open and it fits 2- tubes, 2- Co2's, fill valve, allen wrench, and tire spoons in it great. I like that stuff there rather than tied all around my rear bottle cages.

No biggie though, I have plenty of places to put water with my dual rear cages, and Torhans Aero 30.
Quote Reply

Prev Next