Do it RIGHT!!!

Motley Crue - Don't Go Away Mad

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Slowman = Censorship [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

Wasn't she profiled on the front page?

Hardly anonymous.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

Eh... as entertaining as this thread has become, why not just lock this thread and leave this buthurt fool to post on his stupid stock exchange forum or what ever it is. He will never get it.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [peterot] [ In reply to ]

"Censorship is spineless."

slowman= spineless ???
Last edited by: Nick_Barkley: Aug 28, 12 10:16

Things are not the same since peterot left. ;-(

http://www.EpixGear.com

Re: Slowman = Censorship [DougRob] [ In reply to ]

Who is going to start the first bring back peterot thread?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson

DougRob wrote:

I've just read this thread from start to finish, nothing to do with Tri, but good reading over a coffee, I have a problem........Are we sure he was ever really "here" ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen

DougRob wrote:

He is still at ST member.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: Slowman = Censorship [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

Only because Jordan either a. hasn't read his post yet or b. hasn't bothered to delete his whiny ass yet.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

peterot wrote:
I would just like...

I would like a lot of things. I don't always get them.

If I owned slowtwitch I would definitely moderate it differently than they do. I regularly see fairly posting where people call each other assholes, slimy pieces of shit, and fling fuck-you's back and forth. But if I legitimately try to discuss the pros and cons of powercranks it gets deleted. I think that's pretty ridiculous. I've seen their arguments for why it is this way, and I agree to disagree with their logic that it makes ST a better place.

But it's not my forum, and they are under no obligation to listen to my (or your) feedback. They may run it this way for any number of reasons: makes their lives easier, financial benefit, they believe it's the "right" thing to do. Whatever it is... it's their choice not yours. What is so hard to understand about that?

DougRob wrote:

And he didn't even let Paulo know were we could find him.

Suffer Well.

peterot wrote:
Censorship is a significant problem whether you are first world or third and it should be address whether you are on a forum or dealing with gov. I am only 35 so I probably do have so growing up to do.

Maybe it is because I am a resident of a country which will deport me if I participate in political discussions (now THERE is an example of censorship for you) but many have said it again and maybe one more will sink in for you. If you don't like the "censorship" you see here, feel free to move one. This website was not created to Give You Information and support you. I know! Crazeee, huh? You are supposed to do that Yourself. It's called being a Big Boy. It really sounds like this forum is not for you, and TBH, sometimes it isn't for me. I skip a LOT of threads myself. I rarely get into the Lavendar room and even though I'm an old womens I also rarely get into the womens room.

If you need information so badly and are so dependent on it, then buy it. Pay for the service you're desiring. This forum is entertainment. Sometimes you can get good info and enlightenment, but really, if is just entertainment. If you are so desperate for information, pay for the service.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Re: Slowman = Censorship [matto] [ In reply to ]

matto wrote:
peterot wrote:
I would just like...

I would like a lot of things. I don't always get them.

If I owned slowtwitch I would definitely moderate it differently than they do. I regularly see fairly posting where people call each other assholes, slimy pieces of shit, and fling fuck-you's back and forth. But if I legitimately try to discuss the pros and cons of powercranks it gets deleted. I think that's pretty ridiculous. I've seen their arguments for why it is this way, and I agree to disagree with their logic that it makes ST a better place.

But it's not my forum, and they are under no obligation to listen to my (or your) feedback. They may run it this way for any number of reasons: makes their lives easier, financial benefit, they believe it's the "right" thing to do. Whatever it is... it's their choice not yours. What is so hard to understand about that?

I agree there is no need for the attacks but ...

And YEP, I would love to be able to share experience with others who use the "product that cannot be named" to see how I can use them better. It seems to be fine to talk about using power meters, or run ideas, or wheel types, etc., but to talk about some of our use with the "product that cannot be named" it seems like we are talking about human killing or something. Why the folks who have never tried them are allowed to attack I will never understand. But these few go their wish and forced Frank Day to be banned. Frank has lots of great ideas, just like others on this forum, and we all lose by not having Frank be allowed to post, IMO.

I am looking forward to trying the "product that cannot be named" with a built in power meter. Would be great to use on the road to have the benefit of both for my training next season.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: Slowman = Censorship [matto] [ In reply to ]

matto wrote:
... But if I legitimately try to discuss the pros and cons of powercranks it gets deleted. I think that's pretty ridiculous.

Wow and now we add Powercranks to this thread. It just more awesome.

I just have to say that Crossfit..........

Ian

Re: Slowman = Censorship [tkos] [ In reply to ]

tkos wrote:
matto wrote:
... But if I legitimately try to discuss the pros and cons of powercranks it gets deleted. I think that's pretty ridiculous.

or to bring it into the gutter............Armstrong

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X
If you run long enough....something is bound to happen

Re: Slowman = Censorship [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]

Re: Slowman = Censorship [gregk] [ In reply to ]

Cm'on Slowman. Just, "give him the gears" already.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [TriTrev] [ In reply to ]

TriTrev wrote:
tkos wrote:

Who will invoke Godwin's Law?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: Slowman = Censorship [chriskal] [ In reply to ]

Unlike most of the people commenting on this thread, I agree there is too much censorship on ST.

Sure, Dan Empfield owns the site, it's his private property, and he gets to censor people and boot them off the site if he wants. Conceptually, all of that is true.

However, that doesn't mean that the censorship and exclusion always improves the forum. (Although I admit kicking Frank Day off was a tremendous improvement). For example, on a recent thread people were claiming that Dave Luscan was kicked off ST. I don't know if that is true or not. But, if true, that is a great loss to people like me who often asked Dave for help on many issues. Not only is he a knowledgeable tri and swimming coach, and a badass TT'er, he was always willing to help people on the forum over and over again with advice on power and positioning, racing strategy, whether to do specific races, sharing power files, etc. So IMO the fact he is "banned" is a big loss to the utility of ST for me, regardless of whether it was within Dan's right to do so. Does that mean I want to quit looking at ST? No, it just means ST isn't as helpful to me as it was before that decision was made.

I was just thinking recently that I wish ST had a formal "banned list" on a drop bar so we could know all the people that we aren't allowed to chat with anymore. That's my 2 cents.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

BLeP wrote:
TriTrev wrote:
tkos wrote:

Who will invoke Godwin's Law?

Fine. Jordan is a jackbooted Gestapo wannabe and Dan is an ignorant slut. Happy? Herbert, well he's just follicularly challenged.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

Pooks wrote:
"Slowman = Censorship"

Is that an assignment or comparison operator? I'm confused. In either case I suspect you have a type mismatch.

His classes aren't defined. I don't see a constructor. A really bad job.

Prev Next