Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowman = Censorship [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]

BDoughtie wrote:
No one wants to pay for ad space on a forum full of trash and douche bags.

Honest question because I brought this up to Dan a few weeks ago. Do you feel ST is going downhill? I've thought I have noticed the amount of respect seems to be lacking over the past 6 months or so. Dan, disagreed and thought the quality was the highest it has ever been.

I am a long time lurker...and only posting in recent years. It is MUCH nicer around here. I even post now! And since I post, I come back, I look at ads more, and even click on them. THIS is a good thing since I (and others like me) tend to spend money.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Little Peterot: "But, I don't deserve this!!"

Slowman: "Deservin's got nuthin' to do with it... "

BLAM!!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Re: Slowman = Censorship [peterot] [ In reply to ]

"Slowman = Censorship"

Is that an assignment or comparison operator? I'm confused. In either case I suspect you have a type mismatch.

It's his forum, his rules. You don't have a right to say whatever you want here. He can censor whatever he wants.

I find this forum pretty "laid back". You can talk about pretty much anything here.

If you're not enjoying yourself on someone's private property the solution is simple.

we like to be invited to Slowman Christmas party, so we behave all year, you on the other end wont be invited this year. ;(

peterot wrote:
I just took a peak at the Chicago cheating thread and the first message I see is another message by judge, jury and executioner (aka Slowman). Holy Faq I am not sure why you feel the need. If people are out of line let the legal system deal with them. The forum I view most often is Stockhouse and it is actually quit common that companies to take legal action against posters. You dont see power hunger moderators taking over and getting involved. The only threads/posts deleted are spam and all else goes. It is very refreshing compared to Slowtwitch in that regard. Given the forum is about the stock market and people losing and making money you can just imagine how negative things can get on there.

Please, if a post is out of line or illegal than let the legal system deal with it and stay the faq out of it. This goes to your staffers as well. You have no legal obligation to censor the forum like you do. If you feel you have some sort of moral or ethical obligation, get over it. The most evil things put on this forum would be consider light-hearted on Stockhouse and many other forums.

It seems almost every thread i read now there is something censored.

STOP THE CENSORSHIP

http://www.stockwatch.com/...bol=WND&region=C

I really hate people like you. I mean, seriously, I hate you. This is a private website and a private business. The owner is allowed to do however they wish. You can leave if you don't like it.

Now you know why I hate people like you? I'll tell you. Our news in this country is completely censored crap, and where is your outrage about that? You're a coward picking on a private business. Sack up and face real problems and real censorship.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Pooks] [ In reply to ]

Pooks wrote:
"Slowman = Censorship"

Is that an assignment or comparison operator? I'm confused. In either case I suspect you have a type mismatch.

I thought it was more of a JavaScript cast. Like "Set Slowman = Censorship [for the purpose of this function - aka, thread]." They're both nouns, so I'm not sure it'd really throw an error.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp

peterot wrote:
I just took a peak at the Chicago cheating thread and the first message I see is another message by judge, jury and executioner (aka Slowman). Holy Faq I am not sure why you feel the need. If people are out of line let the legal system deal with them. The forum I view most often is Stockhouse and it is actually quit common that companies to take legal action against posters. You dont see power hunger moderators taking over and getting involved. The only threads/posts deleted are spam and all else goes. It is very refreshing compared to Slowtwitch in that regard. Given the forum is about the stock market and people losing and making money you can just imagine how negative things can get on there.

Please, if a post is out of line or illegal than let the legal system deal with it and stay the faq out of it. This goes to your staffers as well. You have no legal obligation to censor the forum like you do. If you feel you have some sort of moral or ethical obligation, get over it. The most evil things put on this forum would be consider light-hearted on Stockhouse and many other forums.

STOP THE CENSORSHIP

Gotta tell you, you sure know how to brighten up Dan's day! Not only he will find your post absolutely DELICIOUS, but he'll derive great pleasure in reading the whole thread!

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!

Slowman wrote:
i don't know if you expected to be banned or not for this thread, but, no, you're not banned, because you said nothing that warrants a ban. furthermore, there's nothing about this thread that requires any censorship.

but when i and my moderators, in our sole judgment, think a thread or a post or a user is out of line or inappropriate, we'll do what we feel is best. your protestations are not going to change that. period.

Slowman you should make me a mod.

-All You Haters Suck My Balls-

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]

That made me laugh

It's simple:

Dan owns the brand/website

He keeps a clean house where him and Rapp (among others) do a great job with interviews/articles/cool triathlon insights. Even Rapp (a top tier Pro/not debatable) does a "Asked anything about ABC Ironman). Bryan gives us Rapps nutrition

Some other Pros just chime in sometimes like Dirk Bockel and others.

To be honest don't care how many threads Dan deletes/locks down just keep this is website alive and thriving as you are!!

(Dan if you are in fact reading this please don't delete any of the hottie threads! We need those! ;0)

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

Rappstar wrote:

Though I think you might have been better off posting it here - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=1566945#1566945

I'm positive that I wasn't the only one that knew what that was linked to without clicking on it - greatness!

Twomarks

and your families. and all your friends.

and don't be cutt'n up no more whores!

Wouldn't we all love to be in a position to be Judge, Jury, and Executioner. You make it seem like a bad thing.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

It's a macro definition. Wherever you see the string "Slowman" you substitute the text "Censorship".

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"

Re: Slowman = Censorship [twomarks] [ In reply to ]

twomarks wrote:
Rappstar wrote:

Though I think you might have been better off posting it here - http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=1566945#1566945

I'm positive that I wasn't the only one that knew what that was linked to without clicking on it - greatness!

Twomarks

+1. It's easily chainpin's greatest contribution to this forum.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [aftereffector] [ In reply to ]

aftereffector wrote:
twomarks wrote:
Rappstar wrote:

Twomarks

+1. It's easily chainpin's greatest contribution to this forum.
Yep... No need to click. To the OP......
WAAAAAAAA...............

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Little Peterot: "But, I don't deserve this!!"

Slowman: "Deservin's got nuthin' to do with it... "

BLAM!!!!

PSA: Unforgiven is on right now on cmt.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Trash Talk] [ In reply to ]

:)

peterot wrote:

STOP THE CENSORSHIP

What the fuck is Faq??

Re: Slowman = Censorship [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]

AnthonyS wrote:
I really hate people like you. I mean, seriously, I hate you. This is a private website and a private business. The owner is allowed to do however they wish. You can leave if you don't like it.

Now you know why I hate people like you? I'll tell you. Our news in this country is completely censored crap, and where is your outrage about that? You're a coward picking on a private business. Sack up and face real problems and real censorship.

Aw, Snap. QFT.

Re: Slowman = Censorship [NC Fartstorm] [ In reply to ]

Frequenty Asked Questions? Who gives a fuck?

float , hammer , and jog

Re: Slowman = Censorship [DrPete] [ In reply to ]

DrPete wrote:
AnthonyS wrote:

Aw, Snap. QFT.

Just out of curiosity, who is leading this censorship?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: Slowman = Censorship [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Can someone page me when this turns into a hottie thread?

Prev Next