Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
odin99 wrote:
Power13 wrote:
texasforever wrote:
The 2012 P3 with Ultegra sold for $3350. If the 2013 P3 with Ultegra sells for $3800 then it would make sense that they upgraded the cable routing.

Not necessarily....prices have gone up across the board, for the most part. Labor is China is up, raw material costs are up, shipping costs are up....

I wouldn't necessarily expect frame revisions simply becausew the price is higher. It could have new routing, but don't use the price as your guide.

but didn't the price of the P2 go down from 2800 to 2600?

Dunno...haven't looked at it. But we also haven't seen final specs, have we?

@ campyrick...agreed that there does not appear to be any cable holes on the DT for the P3. I think it would be odd to upgrade one and not the other. OTOH, I guess they could use it to help drive more differentiation between the two models.

I would have thought they would have made that change awhile ago, though....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and pricing) [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short answer: no.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and pricing) [rayray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm less interested in the paint and more interested to know if Cervelo has introduced cable routing on the top tube a la P4/S2/S3/S5... anyone know?

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and pricing) [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steve_c wrote:
I'm less interested in the paint and more interested to know if Cervelo has introduced cable routing on the top tubes oftheP2 and P3 a la P4/S2/S3/S5... anyone know?

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [Carl L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just at lbs, because this whole cable routing thing has me all excited. I saw a higher resolution photo of the P3 (bad news) and could see the cable entry on the down tube in the black area. Oh well it was fun to think about getting one.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and pricing) [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [rayray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any way you could re post the P3 pic? Tried to click on the link and it expired. I'm dyin here - trying to decide whether to buy my new P3 now or wait for the new one......been waiting 4 years for a new bike and want to make the right decision!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [Scooter Pickles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you...I got a rocking deal on a R5 build...the 2013s look downright gaudy
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [swalsh81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't wait for a new P3, they are going up in price. I love the new paint, but not enough to spend 500 more.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [campyrick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting long engh that I won't mind another 500. Overall build will run around 7-8K so I'll stomach it if I like it more. Just don't know what it looks like. Dying to see a pic. To tell you the truth, I hope I don't like it so I can go ahead and buy the frame now!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [ATB24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's [tristevewisco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tristevewisco wrote:
Every year their high end road bikes look more and more like tt bikes. Although obviously someone cruising along at a good pace is going to benefit greatly from the aerodynamics, but is it really necessary for the average crit/road racer?

Maybe thurn that thought around. Who would buy a bike that takes an extra 5, 10 or 20 watts to pedal at X speed? Not me. I buy the fastest bike my budget can afford. I produce so few watts that I need both of them (the watts) to do the best they can. These days, that's aboard a Cervelo.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [swalsh81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swalsh81 wrote:
Any way you could re post the P3 pic? Tried to click on the link and it expired. I'm dyin here - trying to decide whether to buy my new P3 now or wait for the new one......been waiting 4 years for a new bike and want to make the right decision!

I second this!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [mssssss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap! Now I have to buy a new phone. Motorola warranty doesn't cover damage from drool...

I'm proficient in 3 languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to buy a Tarmac but now that I've seen the new colors for the R series I'm going to hold out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting, $3,800 for a P3 and it *only* comes with Ultegra. I would hope for Dura-Ace at that price point. (Now go ahead and slam the Felt-Fanboy!)

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish the R3 came with a little more pop of color, a little red wouldn't have been bad.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and prices) [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
Interesting, $3,800 for a P3 and it *only* comes with Ultegra. I would hope for Dura-Ace at that price point. (Now go ahead and slam the Felt-Fanboy!)

But, as with all other Cervelos, you're paying for the "knowledge" that it's the fastest frame you can buy. Felts are better "deals."

ETA: and Felts are obviously no slouch in the aero department. Their 2013 B series are going to be pretty dang sweet
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Aug 22, 12 10:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have they gone back to the profile bars as standard equip for next year? Liked the 3t set up quite a bit more. Hard to tell from that pic.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by nightfend [ In reply to ]
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and pricing) [erjordahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
erjordahl wrote:
Have they gone back to the profile bars as standard equip for next year? Liked the 3t set up quite a bit more. Hard to tell from that pic.

Yes. Much more adjustable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad I purchased my R3 this year. That silver/grey R3 is scary looking.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo's (more pics and pricing) [tridoc3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At $2600 for a 105 build, that's a big price drop from the 2012 MSRP of $3150 for Rival (down from $3500) -- still, that paint job is just hideous.

Edit (Sept. 7): Cervelo updated their website and the paint job for the 105 version is different than the Ultegra version -- the 105 looks much better to me (no red/black "accents").
Last edited by: merlinkim: Sep 7, 12 11:06
Quote Reply

Prev Next