Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by drohc [ In reply to ]
Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [drohc] [ In reply to ]

drohc wrote:
Hey Travis, READ this, it's not about me or someone I specifically know, let that sink in. This about every athlete, that may get to this point. It's about fairness in competition. This is as simple as you competing as an Elite. Did you work your butt off getting there or part time? Rember back to the days when you raced AG, if your A race, a group of Olympians showed up and waxed you, you'd be proud? Not upset? Proud? Proud you raced the best that day and got waxed!

This question about changing a policy at USAT has really shown me allot about the people we compete against, the dark side of competition. I see the side of the Elite dropping back into the rank and file AG.

Thanks for the info again~

If you want me to READ something how bout you work on READING yourself. Go back and read my response where you asked whether I raced elite or AG and then come back and rewrite the above. I'll even make it easy for you. Its on page 3 of this thread. Post # 64.

Last edited by: TravisT: Aug 9, 12 13:03

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [drohc] [ In reply to ]

Put the shovel down dude.

So if you have a problem with Elites retiring from Elite racing and returning to the AG ranks - you must really have a problem with those of us AGers who don't take the step up to the Elite ranks.

your wife put you up to this didn't she?

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [mgalluzz] [ In reply to ]

Love it! Have him call my guy!

So, the current rule as USAT is concerned is anyone (whether they raced pro last weekend or not), can race as as AGer at any time and be eligible for prize money and/or awards? I didn't know that, but since I am not competing with the, I guess I never needed to know.

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [sentania] [ In reply to ]

Nope, It's a hyp[othetical question for a possible policy change. Do what makes you proud of your accomplishments.

Wow, now I'm totally confused.

Are you a politician?

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

This thread keeps reminding me of this quote.

"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." - unknown

I have deceptive speed.........I'm slower than I look!

drohc wrote:
This question about changing a policy at USAT has really shown me allot about the people we compete against, the dark side of competition. I see the side of the Elite dropping back into the rank and file AG.

Thanks for the info again~

But you're not looking for competition. You're looking for a diluted field where everyone can fit into their nice separate categories and there are awards for all!
Most people on here want to race the best, that's competition!

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

I outsplit Jen Gutierrez on the bike in a local sprint tri a few years ago. Might have beat her overall if it wasn't for that pesky swim and run. Getting chicked by former Olympians is awesome.

Susan came in top 6 OA last month in a local sprint here in CO.

Formerly DrD

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [Skoalz] [ In reply to ]

Skoalz wrote:
This thread keeps reminding me of this quote.

"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." - unknown

Yep, dah, I am out.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

drohc wrote:
@Printer 86? Did you even read the post LMAO! How often does an Triathlon Bronze Medal Olympian race in your AG? LMAO!

Come race in New Zealand then, we have a Gold medalist racing .... http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/...;EId=2&AId=89692

Lucky for me he's actually 7 years older than me so he will always be 1 AG above me!

Oh and a Kona winner http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/...;EId=2&AId=89889

and a Commonwealth Gold medalist http://www.multisportaustralia.com.au/...;EId=2&AId=90015

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chicks are like Voltron, the more you can get, the better it is." -Tucker
Last edited by: AlphaQ: Aug 9, 12 14:15

No, I would not agree. When I was racing and training full time I was swimming three to four days a week, biking four days and running about 50+ miles a week. Now as husband, business owner, and maybe a father some day, I would not go back to doing what qualified me as an elite. I still want to toss my hat in the ring but it wouldn't be under the same preparation. I can name many gals and dudes like me that have started another chapter in their lives and who still love the sport of triathlon. You should offer your community, online or otherwise, more than your foolish train of thought and approach to our sport. Make it better by not posting illogical comments about me and every athlete of any caliber who has ever toed the line.

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [Chattaboogie] [ In reply to ]

Chattaboogie wrote:
No, I would not agree. When I was racing and training full time I was swimming three to four days a week, biking four days and running about 50+ miles a week. Now as husband, business owner, and maybe a father some day, I would not go back to doing what qualified me as an elite. I still want to toss my hat in the ring but it wouldn't be under the same preparation. I can name many gals and dudes like me that have started another chapter in their lives and who still love the sport of triathlon. You should offer your community, online or otherwise, more than your foolish train of thought and approach to our sport. Make it better by not posting illogical comments about me and every athlete of any caliber who has ever toed the line.

QFMFT!!

Well said, sir.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [gregn] [ In reply to ]

gregn wrote:
your wife put you up to this didn't she?

Now that ST is fully on board with the same data I was looking at...I ask the question again

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]

Those who don't think Susan Williams should be allowed to race AG: 1 (the OP)

Those who 't think Susan Williams should be allowed to race AG: Everyone else
----------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Those who think Susan Williams should be allowed to race AG: Everyone else

Those who think the OP cheated by cutting the run course during a 70.3 earlier this year: 6-8

i was at age group nationals last year and in the same wave as susan w. when we were wating in the water to start, all the women around me,including me, thought it was cool that she was there in the age group wave. didn't see a problem. what's she supposed to do? give up the sport? no problem!

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]

mr. mike wrote:

Those who 't think Susan Williams should be allowed to race AG: Everyone else
----------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Those who think Susan Williams should be allowed to race AG: Everyone else

Those who think the OP cheated by cutting the run course during a 70.3 earlier this year: 7-9

Updated your numbers. Just joined this post, but I'm definitely thinking dr.numbnuts cut the course

Sponsored by: http://www.92fifty.com

Seems to be a hot topic. My comment/opinion is with most races this should be okay. However, the USAT Nationals is one of the few ways an aspiring AG who wants to make Elite status can qualify.....making the top 5. So my question is.....should this be okay.....taking away one of the top five spots for an AG who is trying to make Elite status? Or because she is former Elite, does her first place finish not count towards the qualifying and it goes down to top 6? Just wondering since this aspect hasn't been addressed yet.
Last edited by: gphin305: Aug 9, 12 18:06

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

I agree mostly with everything you say except for the statement that it's an "elite race already." If it were truly elite they wouldn't have qualification standards that are quite poor. Taking the top 10% from any USAT race or 33% from "special qualifiers" isn't exactly a high standard. Their primary objective is to make money and that means maintaining high participant levels. That definitely doesn't mean everyone there is elite nor do they have a chance in hell to achieve a top age group finish there or anywhere else. Instead they just want to say they were at "nationals" because it sounds like a big accomplishment.

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [wvtrigeek] [ In reply to ]

I agree. It is far for an elite race even though very fast people do show up. You can do a super sprint with a 250 yard pool swim and qualify for the USAT Nat Olympic race.

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [wvtrigeek] [ In reply to ]

wvtrigeek wrote:
I agree mostly with everything you say except for the statement that it's an "elite race already." If it were truly elite they wouldn't have qualification standards that are quite poor. Taking the top 10% from any USAT race or 33% from "special qualifiers" isn't exactly a high standard. Their primary objective is to make money and that means maintaining high participant levels. That definitely doesn't mean everyone there is elite nor do they have a chance in hell to achieve a top age group finish there or anywhere else. Instead they just want to say they were at "nationals" because it sounds like a big accomplishment.

It IS a big accomplishment for many people. I know many who have tried and tried to qualify, but no luck. It might easy for you and many on ST, but for the vast majority in our sport, it is NOT easy.

No different that trying to qualify for Boston. Many will say it is easy. But again, I know many who keep trying and do not make it.

Should Boston only let in the "elite" since why have all those "slow" folks running? Yes, the BOP and MOP in any race, no matter what the standards, pay for the FOP to race. Why does this seem so hard for so many to understand? No "slow" racers, NO RACE!!

And guess what, if us slow AGers did not pay our fees, there would be no US Olympic racers, since they get a free ride from AG money.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

I completely agree. Compared to Kona and Vegas, the 2 long course "championship" races, I think the qualification standards for the 2 olympic races that could be considered "championship" races are much lower. Those 2 races being HyVee and AG Nats.