Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [drohc] [ In reply to ]

Everyone posting in this thread should better edumacate themselves on USAT Elite memberships...

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [stevej] [ In reply to ]

Missy Franklin is going to finish high school and go to college. She'll continue competing at both levels. Guess we need to stick her in some ex-olympians only meet since it won't be fair to all the other swimmers and they might not win.

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [drohc] [ In reply to ]

Several.

I have deceptive speed.........I'm slower than I look!

Maybe try a change in perspective. Say you showed up last year and raced Susan Williams and came second. Instead of looking at it as 'I would have been the USAT age group 40-44 champion if that ex-Olympian wasn't allowed to race!' you could look at it as 'I was lucky enough to race an Olympic bronze medalist head-to-head at USAT nationals!'. It's a pretty cool aspect of our sport that there are these opportunities to race legends of the sport.

Post deleted by drohc [ In reply to ]
Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [FatteLatte] [ In reply to ]

Race a legend? The exact reason she should race against other legends? We are still racing against ourselves and our peers, our AG peers. Yes, some are fast and others faster. What to race a pro, get fast and become a pro!

drohc wrote:
Race a legend? The exact reason she should race against other legends? We are still racing against ourselves and our peers, our AG peers. Yes, some are fast and others faster. What to race a pro, get fast and become a pro!

Please try to make a coherent statement. The above makes zero sense and I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

I placed 2nd overall to Oklahoma pro Daniel Agnew...beat me by 1.5 mins. I'm like "sweet". Then Zoot Elite team member Chuck Sloan destroys us all by 10 mins. at the Regional Sprint champs in Ark. Was I pissed? Yeah, but only because he beat us so bad that our rankings points were shot to hell! I could care less who shows up...race the clock!

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [TravisT] [ In reply to ]

Sorry can't explain everything, read above. So @ Travis Thomason, are you an AG'er or Elite?

So what you're really saying is that you want to win your AG, but you want USAT to exclude the best people so that you can do it? Seems logical to me...

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [Paulo Sousa] [ In reply to ]

@Paulo, what does that have to do this thread? Whining? Just asking questions, getting driving answers about different points of view. What's your take? You train Elites and Pro's, do you think they should be able to race as an AG'er at anytime?

When you type something that doesn't make sense you should explain it. Judging from your previous statements you don't do a lot of research so despite the fact that I don't hide anonymously on the internet and it should be pretty easy for you to discover whether I race elite or AG I'll save you the time. AG. I've beaten guys carrying pro cards who probably shouldn't be but are trying to make a career of it. I've been destroyed by amateurs who are better then then a lot of card carrying elites as well. What you don't seem to get is that just because someone has an elite card does not then magically make them faster then all the other AG'ers out there. If and when they decide to hang it up from racing triathlon professionally they will be back to racing AG if you want to continue in the sport and this is exactly where they belong. The majority of the top amateurs you see at any significant event could be easily racing as professionals if they chose to. Maybe you should be complaining that they are too fast now.

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [keithtri] [ In reply to ]

It has nothing to do with me! Don't you get it! It's about racing cherry pickers! Get it!

It actually is about you. No one else seems to have a problem with it.

Quote:
Have any of you qualified for the this years USAT Olympic Nationals?

Um, considering that I qualified for it this year (not going) the bar can't be very high. I'm embarassignly slow.

For the record I have no issues whatsoever with the current policy.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007

drohc wrote:
@Paulo, what does that have to do this thread? Whining? Just asking questions, getting driving answers about different points of view. What's your take? You train Elites and Pro's, do you think they should be able to race as an AG'er at anytime?

I think that it's great for the sport that great champions like Susan Williams and others remain in the sport after their career as professional athletes has ended. Athletes like Susan Williams are amazing ambassadors for the sport not only for what they did, but what they are doing now as professionals in other fields and family people. As such, we should be thankful to have such wonderful people involved in our sport and should embrace their presence.

I am not sure to what kind of humankind you belong to, but in my part of humankind we don't tell other people that they're "not one of us." There are many kinds of discrimination and even if you think that your kind of discrimination is acceptable, it is not. So hopefully you will realize this, apologize to Susan Williams and others that you are discriminating against and embrace the great opportunity you have to compete with such amazing athletes.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!

drohc wrote:
It has nothing to do with me! Don't you get it! It's about racing cherry pickers! Get it!

What?!

Pro, Elite, Age Group, who cares. Show up on race day, put in your best effort and go on from there.

By the way, most people couldn't give two $&!ts about the USAT rankings.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699

Re: USAT Nationals and the USAT position on EX Pros/Olympians racing AG [keithtri] [ In reply to ]

You have no idea! This forum is the exact opposite of the general consensus. Like where did all the democrats come from? All my friends are republican!

Then go back to your little echo chamber so you can get the answer that you want to hear.

drohc wrote:

Susan Williams is a cherry picker because she's a mid 40's ex-pro who showed up to race what should be a national championship of the best athletes in each age group?!?!?! Is this seriously the freaking issue you have???