Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [trihard4me] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a guy pull this stunt at Eagleman. He cut me off at the start of my bike and it took him a mile to get his shoes on.

Also, you should've been DQ'd for bumping the girl.

I can tell you aren't having any fun at the races and you must make everyone else miserable.
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Record10Carbon wrote:
Thus the reason that I as an RD did not allow that. We had one guy head out of transition and jump on - no shoes. He had to go back and get them. Funniest thing, he thanked me later. The rules were clear - and I held them to the letter. I think that practice should be banned for all but Elite/Pro

I feel it's okay to have your shoes in the pedal if you have practiced it in training and are proficient enough to safely execute in a race. We need to have a license for experienced triathletes the ones that make the National Championship and such and start them out in separate waves ahead of the slower triathletes. The Pro/Elite license is now very difficult to attain than before, except if you are under 23 years old. Then the old standard still applies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elitest jerk - anyone who paid should be able to do anything they want. I mean shit, I found Jordan Rapp's food intake for Ironman and I am going to copy that to the letter. The bitch is, my tires are two years old, should I change them? Oh, and what shorts should I wear? I have an Ironman next week.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been in the last wave more often than not. Each wave start has it's unique challenge and benefit, but I believe you're a newbie and still need to learn this point.

I've raced hard, but still have fun. Also, I have never purposely bumped anyone. I wouldn't be very proud of my race if I did.

Sorry they don't make one person triathlon races, which is what you require.
Last edited by: TriBeer: Jul 20, 12 15:13
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
Also, you should've been DQ'd for bumping the girl.

I can tell you aren't having any fun at the races and you must make everyone else miserable.

She should be DQ'd for Blocking then.... last I heard this is in the rules. I think the Blocking rule is broken every second during the race. I get blocked on the swim, blocked on the bike, however on the run I just run around them and if they want to keep my pace... good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trihard4me wrote:
Record10Carbon wrote:
"DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SHOES IN THE PEDALS!!!! I WILL REMOVE THEM WHILE YOU SWIM!!!!!"

I HATE THIS THE WORST..... They run out of transition to immediately stop and figure out how to get their feet in the shoes, clogging up the "bike out" and then falling down because this is the first time they've tried this stunt. At one race this year they had 5 women in the "Bike Out" COMPLETELY STOPPED trying to get their feet in the shoes. I had to yell out, "You've got to kidding me, MOVE !!!!" and I bumped this one girl out of the way and she yell out "ASSHOLE". Poor baby, practice that first before the event.

(Actually, you hate that the most. Hating it the worst makes no sense. That would imply that you actually don't hate it as much as you hate other stuff. But I digress.)

At first I was going to call you an a**hat for your comment, but I've thought better of it. It seemed as if you were actually proud of bumping someone out of your way because they were having a difficult time and were inconveniencing you. But then I realized that I just must not be very good at reading into sarcasm. Because NOBODY could really be that much of a tool. If you were actually that much of a tool, well, I'd have to say that I'd hate that the most.

I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. - D. H. Lawrence
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
I've been in the last wave more often than not. Each wave start has it's unique challenge and benefit, but I believe you're a newbie and still need to learn this point.

I've raced hard, but still have fun. Also, I have never purposely bumped anyone. I wouldn't be very proud of my race if I did.

Unfortunately, I am not a newbie and have been doing triathlons for many many years, first one was back in 1981 when helmets were not required. However, it just pains me to see the sport go to the crapper.

A wave is not "uniquely challenging" it sucks and is useless for me to swim over all these non swimmers.

And by your name "Tribeer" I trust you enjoy drinking beer. And so much love for the beer and triathlons you use it in your name, nice.....Slap to forehead...
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [Moose1406] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could find my old race report on Orlando 70.3 - that fat woman "Katherine" blocking the bike course - then trying to give me a speech about her riding for a greater good (TiT) and all that jargon - damn I was pissed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trihard4me wrote:
TriBeer wrote:

Unfortunately, I am not a newbie and have been doing triathlons for many many years, first one was back in 1981 when helmets were not required. However, it just pains me to see the sport go to the crapper.

A wave is not "uniquely challenging" it sucks and is useless for me to swim over all these non swimmers.

And by your name "Tribeer" I trust you enjoy drinking beer. And so much love for the beer and triathlons you use it in your name, nice.....Slap to forehead...

Since you have raced for a long time, why are you not stepping up and helping the new folks. With all the obesity issues in our country, anything we can do with this HOBBY to help others help our country.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [Moose1406] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purposefully bumped her out of my way, yes..... not hard enough to make her fall just a bump to say, "your in my way, lady MOVE"

Oh, now the bleeding hearts will come out and get me.... don't care.

I do the race to RACE, not to have a fun picnic. I'll stay home and do that. Just don't be in my way, it's real simple. It's also called BLOCKING and it's in the rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Record10Carbon wrote:
I wish I could find my old race report on Orlando 70.3 - that fat woman "Katherine" blocking the bike course - then trying to give me a speech about her riding for a greater good (TiT) and all that jargon - damn I was pissed.

Did you run her ass over? I would have..... or said, "go home"
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave - by the time they got to the line - someone already talked them into something - and more often than not, they already are omniscient about all things triathlon.

Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
trihard4me wrote:
TriBeer wrote:
quote]

Since you have raced for a long time, why are you not stepping up and helping the new folks. With all the obesity issues in our country, anything we can do with this HOBBY to help others help our country.

I've tried that, THEY ARE TOO LAZY FOR ME TO HANDLE. I tried coaching and have many certifications and worked with the USAT. I cannot stomach the babyness of these triathletes, some or okay but most are wimps. I am sorry I saw it everyday and it would kill me.

"Oh my finger hurts, should I ice it?" or "I get dizzy when I get out of the water, should I see a doctor?" or "I said 100's on the 1:30 MINUTES not a 90 second rest time"

OMG...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I recall properly - it was "get out of the mother fucking way you stupid fat bitch" that got her to move to the right of the center line of the road. I guess that the rules are never "Heard from the grape vine".

http://www.youtube.com/...p;v=pM2OK_JaJ9I#t=8s

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for giving me credit for this great response, but h2ofun gets the credit:

"Since you have raced for a long time, why are you not stepping up and helping the new folks. With all the obesity issues in our country, anything we can do with this HOBBY to help others help our country. "

Are you getting a bit overwrought?
Last edited by: TriBeer: Jul 20, 12 15:38
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dennis wrote:
1. if you see a beginner be polite to them.
2. I f you see someone going slow don't judge, even the best bonk
3. Smell the roses
4. enjoy your race you never know if it's your last
5. Don't be full of yourself
6. race hard and legal
7. thank everyone working
8. meet people
9. know the rules
10. If you are a good age grouper don't call people pussies on the forum. You are only average and given time you will mature

100% yes.

Today I was given great perspective on life and so allow me to wax poetic about life and people who get their nuts in a wad over a triathlon.
I cannot go into a great amount of detail because of some privacy issues, but I was at lunch with some friends from my old job. One gal got a call from work and had to leave immediately due to an emergency with a small child.

In following up with her, the child passed today. Two parents lost a lively, beautiful and happy child. No real details at this point other than the people in charge did everything they could until EMS arrived at the school and took over.

SO. Next time you see that woman dropping her chain on that hill just keep moving and be glad that you get to go home, clean up and spend time with your family. Lighten up. It could be a lot worse.
Quote Reply
Re: To you older AG's, I get it now... [Allie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you suddenly lose your 6 year old son then you can stop STFU.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trihard4me wrote:

And by your name "trihard4me" I trust you suffer from priapism every time you look in the mirror. And so much love for the tris and yourself you use it in your name, nice.....Slap to forehead...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allie - I like you, I love your posts. But, the fact that a six year old dies has no bearing on the fact that some folks just do not belong on the race course. Some mitigating circumstance has no bearing on it. Every time we cross a road we are two seconds from death - every time we ride our bikes we could hit a hole and end up in the ED with no pulse. That is a fact of life. Appreciation is great - but fear is another thing. No god damn way I am going to think "I should be happy I am not a dead six year old" next time a car clips me. While I am sad for that child - that has no real bearing on my life or any race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allie wrote:
dennis wrote:
1. if you see a beginner be polite to them.
2. I f you see someone going slow don't judge, even the best bonk
3. Smell the roses
4. enjoy your race you never know if it's your last
5. Don't be full of yourself
6. race hard and legal
7. thank everyone working
8. meet people
9. know the rules
10. If you are a good age grouper don't call people pussies on the forum. You are only average and given time you will mature

100% yes.

Today I was given great perspective on life and so allow me to wax poetic about life and people who get their nuts in a wad over a triathlon.
I cannot go into a great amount of detail because of some privacy issues, but I was at lunch with some friends from my old job. One gal got a call from work and had to leave immediately due to an emergency with a small child.

In following up with her, the child passed today. Two parents lost a lively, beautiful and happy child. No real details at this point other than the people in charge did everything they could until EMS arrived at the school and took over.

SO. Next time you see that woman dropping her chain on that hill just keep moving and be glad that you get to go home, clean up and spend time with your family. Lighten up. It could be a lot worse.

I remember a chicken soup for the soul tape I listened to with a story. A guy was bitching in the subway train because a Dad was letting his kids run wild. The guy thought what right does this person have to allow his kids to destroy his piece and quiet. So, he confronted the guy about how could he be such a terrible father. The person looked up at the guy and said sorry, we just left the hospital where the kids mother had just died and he did not know what to say to them.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Record10Carbon wrote:
Allie - I like you, I love your posts. But, the fact that a six year old dies has no bearing on the fact that some folks just do not belong on the race course. Some mitigating circumstance has no bearing on it. Every time we cross a road we are two seconds from death - every time we ride our bikes we could hit a hole and end up in the ED with no pulse. That is a fact of life. Appreciation is great - but fear is another thing. No god damn way I am going to think "I should be happy I am not a dead six year old" next time a car clips me. While I am sad for that child - that has no real bearing on my life or any race.

You completely missed my point by being flip with the other post. There are more important things in life that whining about what older AG's do on a course.

It falls under that whole, race your own race and get over yourself. NO ONE cares but the OP about his perceived annoyances on the race course. All it does is make him come off as a pompous ass.

I am not sad for the kid, I am sad for his parents and his little brother but you are right. This is still very raw and was used to merely point out that life is too short to be such a dick about racing. That was all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didnt miss your point - I am not as crass as I post. I go to the extreme just for kicks.

The fact that some folks on the course are a danger to others is a huge deal. They are not only in the way, they are two seconds from causing a crash or god only knows what. Then we get another race report with a crash (were there two today?). I want to see everyone finish a race with a smile - that is why I became a race director - I did not however want to worry about all the potentials for injury and law suits - and not living up to the expectations of everyone (that is why I am no longer an RD). The expectations I could never meet were mine - it is a shame that folks in the race did not feel the same way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess if I knew that AG start times were being shuffled, I would find a different race if I were so fast that I was going to be in harm's way.

I do this stuff for fun, I go out hard, but at the end of the day I am just a mom of 3 amazing kids and a wife to one heckuva guy. Do I get irritated at stupid stuff in races, sure...but I don't let it bug me that much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Life is too short to be such a dick about racing."

That made the thread worth reading. It applies, so well, to both sides of this argument.

Quote Reply

Prev Next