Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS [Jar Jar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jar Jar....weren't you in Star Wars...you know, the tall alien that talek a lot....heh heh

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: OT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Somebody had to post it.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: OT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool - let's make fun of Down Syndrom kids now.

There's always someone who doesn't get that joke. Always.

"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TIMMM `EEE

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS [Jar Jar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
NO. All I was saying is that when I want to discuss these issues, I go to the Lavender Room. I'm simply pissed at people lacking tolerance and courtesy regarding one of the finest person and athlete out there.

All right, it's 5PM and I'm not gonna miss my workout over this...

see ya all in hell (since that's obviously where I'm going)

Then why did you post this here instead of the lavender room???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Somebody had to post it.

You are such a loathing jerk - how dare you make fun of retards like that on the Internet - imagine what that poor retarded bastards parents think about that. I cant believe that you could be such a jerk...

I love that damn picture man...that one is an internet classic!

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was neither coffee nor hot chocolate that passed through my nose and onto my keyboard as I viewed your Special Oly. pic... it was the banana I was eating! THANKS A LOT!!!!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There's always someone who doesn't get that joke. Always.
Dude, I "get" the joke. I've seen/heard variations of it a million times.

You people are all dense. Do you not realize that these off topic posts are what keeps this forum alive. Look at how many views the Bjorn picture post from 2 weeks ago has vs. the Lori Bowden baby post from yesterday. I think the majority of you numbnuts are more interested in having your worldly views heard than you are interested in triathlon topics. These OT posts generate 10x more interest than any on topic post.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS [Jar Jar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Professional athletes, like other public figures, get talked about. If people didn't talk and care about them and what they are doing, then they wouldn't be professional athletes for very long. They would be amateurs doing something for fun instead of professional making a living because no one would pay to see them compete and no one would sponsor them because no one would care what they wore or used. If you don't want people to talk about you, don't be a professional athlete.

As far as the thread goes, Art asked a logical question about something that society does and should care about. I did not read every single post on the other thread, but I didn't see anything directly insulting about Lori and her boyfriend. Certainly, an implication of many posts is that they should get married if they are having a child together. The reason underlying this implication is that many people believe that children are better off if their parents are married. Without debating the merits of this point, implying that two people should do something because you believe that it is likely to benefit their child is hardly a nasty thing.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art's comment was a little snide, you have to admit.

Dude, if you got the joke you wouldn't be accusing anyone of making fun of down syndrome kids.

John Sawhill
Quote Reply

Prev Next