Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keep up the good work all who's involved, sperera I'm getting ready to walk out the door for work, we have a warming trend today...it's all the way up to 18 this morning. I'll see you tomorrow.

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my firefighter friend...have a good day....hope there are no fires whatsoever...

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Please give us a couple of days to figure out the best and cheapest way to arrange shipping, and then I will post the info here and start the ordering process.
Gerard, thanks for the answer and great offer. I just mentioned shipping cost because I had to pay U$18 shipping for one DVD from ironmanstore.com

How is the LCS compared with the Alpha Top? I have the yellow Alpha Top (it matches my 02 Cervelo One very good).
I like the fit but not so much the material. It is too heavy (thick) to use it to swim. After the swim in hang down from my chest as long it was wet (when I was on aerobars).
But I like the top for training, running and duathlons (here in Zofingen http://home.datacomm.ch/.../2004/Powerman04.htm)

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Last edited by: felix__w: Dec 21, 04 6:07
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question!?

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the site -

Alpha top:
Introduction

The Alpha Top is the most aero singlet in our triathlon range. Tight, light and aero, the Alpha top is constructed out of our E-Fit lycra and goes from swim to bike to run perfectly. The tight fit allows for swimming with ease. Extra-wide shoulder coverage with 40+ UV protection give great sun protection, while the two extra-tight back pockets provide storage with no drag. The exceptional moisture management and 12” zipper allow for easy temperature control during the bike and run. Reflective heat transfers provide race required reflectivity for safety. Flatlock stitching for next to skin comfort.  XS-XL

Fabric Technology
E-Fit Compression Lycra allows the body to physically push itself to its maximum while keeping it cool and dry and supported.  E-Fit Lycra provides the best moisture management lasting the entire life of the garment. Our wicking technology is “born” with the fabric at it’s time of construction, not applied afterwards. E-Fit provides 40+ UV protection preventing sunburn and dehydration allowing performance with the elements, not against them. E-Fit Lycra achieves optimal performance levels when worn skintight.

The LCS
The LCS is the coolest triathlon singlet in our range.  Made with our E-Flow fabric this slim cut long course singlet allows for maximum performance levels with maximum protection, including 40+ UV protection defending against the harmful effects of sunburn and dehydration.  Wide shoulders allow for maximum coverage of exposed skin.  A 12” zipper provides great ventilation allowing body temperature control.  Reflective heat transfers provide race required reflectivity for safety.  Flatlock stitching for next to skin comfort.  Two back pockets for storage.  XS-XL

Fabric Technology
E-Flow Light and Cool fabric allows the body to physically push itself to its maximum while keeping it cool and dry.  It provides the best moisture management lasting the entire life of the garment.  The wicking technology is “born” with the fabric at it’s time of construction, not applied afterwards.  E-Flow provides 40+ UV protection preventing sunburn and dehydration allowing performance with the elements, not against them. 

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [sperera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]From the site [/reply]
Thanks, I already read this. But I don't helps me a lot. I looked more for experience. For example I like very much the DeSoto clothing line. I like the fabric. Is the LCS similar to the De Soto fabric (thiner, ligther, finer than Alpha Top)

Felix

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really miss those bumper car rides at amusement parks ...

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do things go bump in the night?

Larry

Don't be afraid to ride too long or too hard. That's what cell phones are for. Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [letter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bump

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahahahhahahhaa....great one jhc......laughed out loud big time.....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch 'Peaceful Tribe' race technical cap final design and cost. [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I now need a new keyboard - spewed coffee everwhere when I hit the bump that that sign mentioned ...

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [DanTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [tri-ing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the best bump EVER!

Plus, 100% for charity! That's more than $1, isn't it? Is gerard making money off of this? What's the scam? Or is this just one of those good ideas gone horribly right? ;p

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To answer a few questions with regards to costs, my goal was to do this entire thing and either break even or lose a little bit. I didn't want to be accused of making a profit from a charity drive. It was tough to do an exact costing at the time, as for example the costs of the logos depend on the size and of course these are new logos we need to make, as well as issues like set-up costs which are fixed and therefore affect the cost of each T depending on the total volume. Some other things are also difficult to estimate, like how much work it is going to take to ship out these orders, including the hats which Stephen is having made elsewhere but which we will do the shipping for.

But I set the prices as well as I could in order to break even or lose a few pennies, and to be absolutely sure I said I would make the $500 donation so that if we inadvertently make a few dollars it will be more than offset by the $500.

Now, for ordering we will do the following:

- Starting in the next few days, there will be a link from our ad banner to a page that shows you the apparel pieces, as well as prices and shipping costs to the various countries.

- There will also be a link to an e-mail address, namely tribe@cervelo.com. You can e-mail your order here (starting now, or wait until the banner is up), all we need is an e-mail outlining what pieces (short sleeve Tech T, long sleeve Tech T, singlet), how many and what size (XS-XL).

- When we get closer to the ship date (probably February), you will get an e-mail asking you to provide your shipping and payment info through our secure server.

That's it, happy Holidays.

Gerard.
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

Thank you. You will be able to accept foreign CC's online without an issue wont you?

Regards

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that won't be a problem. We'll run all the payments through PayPal which should be free of charge to all paying parties. There's just a charge on the receiving end, just like there would be for credit card payments.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the details. I hope it was clear that I was being silly, and not trying to insinuate that you were trying to turn a profit off of this. I do appreciate what you, and others on this forum, have done to make this deal happen.

Thanks to you all for making this such a cool place. I look forward to ordering some stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gerard - thanks for the info - can't wait - I don't know how I will decide whether to wear this stuff or my tsr stuff in my first race next year ...

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey!!! >:-C what are you doing on page two?

BOOT!

Get back on page one where you belong durnit.
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic stuff.

Bump

What the mind can conceive and believe, the body will achieve.
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [jkmorrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, what do you think will happen when Mr. Tibbs finally bumps into Gerard?

mp (my guess is that there will be feathers and horns everywhere ...)
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Punt

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe T-Shirt latest - view a visual of a CRAFT technical short-sleeve T-Shirt. I also have a price for baseball caps from local supplier [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what do you think will happen when Mr. Tibbs finally bumps into Gerard?

Tibbs will be arrested for violating the restraining order. Gerard will press charges.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.....whoever jokes about anyone making a scam profit will be made to wear an altered..."I got booted off The Peaceful Tribe" T-shirt.....hahahahahahahahahaha.......I'm off work now so I'll keep checking in periodically - not as slavishly as of late!!!! - so Merry Christmas everyone....

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply

Prev Next