Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [chur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd like to see some close ups of that front brake, looks like quite a clever solution
And here are some close ups pics I took yesterday at the tour de Romandie.

And one more :

And one another :

Very nice and clean setup ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [bigmarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. That front brake is rad, back brake is whatever but whats up with the GIGANTOR BB!!!

nec rege, nec populo, sed utroque
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me be the first to say his chain is on the granny gear. I wonder when this will be released to the masses. Hopefully its in a couple of years, so when Im ready for a new bike, the current transitions will hopefully be cheaper.
Last edited by: KeolaG: Apr 29, 09 2:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cleanest cabling I have ever seen - very nice. If cancellara was serious he would dump the small ring, front shifter and all the cabling, and use some custom carbon chain guide. theres got to be a few grams there.

Lets hope cancellara gets fit and starts ripping like he used too
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [Onetimepad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You could add the Scott Plasma 3 in there too.

Seriously, we are either seeing a confluence of different design philosophies, or all these companies are fishing ideas from the same DNA pool.

well, yeah, we're all obligated to follow the same rules: UCI and fluiddynamics.

As a few others have said, eventually all bikes developed within the two rules above will look strikingly similar. As others have said, while new, it is not unique, and actually, that is a testament to the design, not a drawback. Don't you wonder why it is radically different than the Transition?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Last edited by: SuperDave: Apr 29, 09 4:41
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i see your point but apparently the transition was quite aerodynamic even according to Gerard.

Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i see your point but apparently the transition was quite aerodynamic even according to Gerard.

Dan

When the bar was set ~700grams of drag, yes it was, those were bikes designed in '05/'06

There is a new standard.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Dan

When the bar was set ~700grams of drag, yes it was, those were bikes designed in '05/'06

There is a new standard.
Maybe 525g at zero yaw?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The front end seems incredibly wide. Close to 100mm. I wonder if they went that wide simply to bury the front brake. We'll wait to see drag numbers but that's strange to says the least.

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably designed to work with the new "wider is better" rims from Hed and Zipp ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it takes a wide front end to stop flow separation then give me the wide option. Flow separation is approx 4x more important than skin friction (numbers may be off by a bit, but it gives a good idea).
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [bpq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
probably designed to work with the new "wider is better" rims from Hed and Zipp ;-)

So much speculation, so little time. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you know that was a "pink font" post, right? Just checking. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [zebragonzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it takes a wide front end to stop flow separation then give me the wide option.

A wide front end is more likely to induce flow separation unless you have a huge trailing edge (which this frame provide to a certain extent), not counting the increased surface area. May be this works as well as Cervelo's narrow front but they are going at it much differently. Anyway, as Herbert said, it's all speculation until we see some drag numbers, and even then, we'll still speculate on the numbers...

Francois in Montreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eventually someone is just going to cut a bike shape of carbon fibre sheet

One thing that does fascinate and my musings for the day

why is the front end shot so important ?? as in a perfect world im sure cutting head long into the wind is great and if the wind is behind even better

would removing the great big aerofoil down tube and replacing it with a 6 dia tie rod be as aerodynamic as im sure ist would be uci legal

does the price tag of the 8k wonderbike put you off...and does it make folks much faster than the 2k bike they just shelled out on
Last edited by: compositepro: Apr 29, 09 9:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks totally bad ass and totally unaffordable for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the pictures, these are great!

This is very similar to what I've been working on for my Softride, though that is a whole other can of worms, since the head tube is almost 17cm tall. Front brake is hidden (although not as custom and well fitted as this). The up side to mine is that it holds 60 oz of fluid as well.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've adopted a "wider is better" approach to nutrition these last few years ... the results are not encouraging :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is that not a huge honkin' fairing for the head tube? I've gotta scratch my head and wonder how the UCI blesses that and disses a 3T Ventus aerobar. You've gotta love the UCI.
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised he's not using Look pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, sorry, I missed out that element of my thinking out loud! I'd rather have a wide front end with a large trailing edge if that lowers pressure drag. The increase in skin friction will not be that significant.

My point was that people tend to assume that a wide front end makes a rubbish frame. I believe that head tube diameter isn't the most important thing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hasn't Fabian and CSC/Saxo been using speedplays for a long time now?
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized TT bike for Cancellara! (pic) [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How is that not a huge honkin' fairing for the head tube? I've gotta scratch my head and wonder how the UCI blesses that and disses a 3T Ventus aerobar. You've gotta love the UCI.
Or wheelcovers ... aye gotta love Jean Wauthier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Dan

There is a new standard.

When will Felt have a bike that meets the new standard?

-JM

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Dan

There is a new standard.

When will Felt have a bike that meets the new standard?

-JM
Tuesday.

Quote Reply

Prev Next