Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [swimfan®] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I was a fish in a vodka bottle...
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beta fish

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That is such a college guy present

the rose, the fish, or the 'bowl'????

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 12, 09 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beta is totally fine in the bottle. That's MORE than enough room for it. They live in puddles normally so it's almost got too much room :)

Quote | Reply
The whole package. Cheap fish, got the bottle somewhere in his room and the rose because he feels like it is obligitory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I can see it now. While they were apart, drunkenness ensued. Dude, I'll give you a dollar to eat this fish. No way man. OK, $5. OK. "gobble" Eeewwwww, that was gross dude. I think I am going to throw up. BARF! Dude, give me $5 and I'll put that think in that empty bottle we just drank and give it to that ho I am banging for Christmas. Dude, you're on!
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I can say is I hope the fish likes ROCK BAND.

Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked the fish's name. "Fishie." She has to be kidding.

I need a new name for the vodka-fish.

Also: "Ryan is spending the night because I have 6 am practice.

Me: Okay for tonight.

Adi: Actually we thought he could spend every T and Th night becuase I have AM practice.

Me: (WITHOUT THINKING) I guess that sounds like a compromise.

I think she has this idea that they *have* to sleep together EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

how do I get that one through her head?

Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 14, 09 9:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I asked the fish's name. "Fishie." She has to be kidding.

I need a new name for the vodka-fish.
Eff-fer. :-)
Chips
Harvey Wallbanger
White Russian
Cosmo

So you've basically agreed to allow him to stay Tues and Thurs, and they bugger off for the weekend, Mon, Wed, and Fri?

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M,W, yeah. I go home on the weekends so I'm not here F/S/S nights. So they can stay either.

He was here last night, as long as they don't make noise and wake me up. If I get woken up by ROCK BAND however they will be in trouble.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better name for the fish. Pished* phish.

*Tis a Scottish word for drunk

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say name the fish Axe Grinder.
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [CycloneTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tonight she asks him "when is the movie honey"

"honey" this is a word married couples use I think!!!!

Maybe I'll call the fish "honey."

She said they've picked out an engagement ring - haven't bought it yet but they've picked it out. And are searching for an apartment to move into together for the summer. And they have travel plans for June to go to Israel (her home) - together. I asked "so when's the wedding, if you're moving in together, and going to visit your family?" No date yet...

I could've done without the french kissing when he came in. But before that she and I actually had a conversation... she treated me like a friend again rather than the girl who just occupies the other half the room... that was nice!!! LOL. What I resent about him, is that he has totally stolen my best friend here. We were so much closer last year when she wasn't so involved in dating.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
... she has, however, informed me that I can be the maid of honor in the wedding. "You can wear a yellow dress and you will look like a baby chick!"

I do not know where THAT came from.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yellow looks good on very few people. Fair skin and blonde hair do NOT work with yellow.

Tell her you want a parisol too.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What color should I request? My favorite dress is a coral pink color. If they get married in the summer at least I will be tan.

She's on my good side right now for having let me borrow some Nutella for my bagel bedtime snack :-) plus she and her HONEY are at the movies so it's quiet here and I'm going to bed soon.

Parasol sounds like fun!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pastels and light colors generally don't look good on fair skin like ours. Rich colors like jewel tones or a deep pink look good.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What color should I request? My favorite dress is a coral pink color. If they get married in the summer at least I will be tan.

I don't know about you.. but I have some gnarly tan lines from training in the summer. I'm trying to explain to my sister how I'm going to ruin her fairytale wedding in August with my tan lines after training for Placid.

Then again, apparently the answer is "spray tan". yikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty touched that she wants me to be the maid of honor. That didn't really hit me last night but that's kind of a big deal!

Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tan lines, LOL. I think that is a small detail that will be somewhat unimportant to her.

You must be in your sister's wedding party?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, maid of honor as well. I'm happy for her and all, but not exactly thrilled she went with a date 2 weeks after Lake Placid (I registered before she was even engaged). I have to *hope* work is okay with me taking 5 days off for Placid, and then turning around in another 2 weeks and taking another 4 days off, since her wedding isn't close by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That depends, if the wedding is in IL or the USA.... And are they moving back to IL after the wedding? (I work with Israeli's. They are very family oriented, so I would not be surprised if she wanted to go back.)
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're having the wedding in Maine. She loves her family but wants to stay in the states. For the ceremony they're planning on combining stuff from Jewish and Catholic weddings.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your roommate in the US on a student visa? If so, are their any Visa requirements before she can get married? Just wondering as I had a friend who lived in Germany for about 3 years on a work Visa (she is a US citizen) and met her finance (German citizen) there. She is now back in the US and is trying to get a finance visa so they can get married. It is taking a long time and a ton of money. If she would have just married him in Germany, there would still be similar (if not more difficult) requirements for him to be able to stay here. Guess I am wondering if there are implications for the other way around (with the foreign citizen living in the US and marrying a US citizen with plans to stay in the US)?

I always just thought you could get married but I guess things have changed with Homeland Security screenings and whatnot.
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about the VISA things though she is on a student visa and if she marries him here it is easier for her to get a permanent visa.

She was around this AM, again without him, and we chatted while we did hair/makeup/etc. It is nice to feel like I have my friend back! Also I realized how cool it is for them to have such a neat relationship... one of them makes sandwiches for the 2 of them every morning... it was cute to watch her making their 2 lunches as I made my breakfast. I'm starting to believe it's going to last.

Quote Reply

Prev Next