Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [MattQ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me three for Blue Lake Oly. Giving things a final test run before Lake Stevens...

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [b3booner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too, and my girlfriend, are doing the olympic distance race in shelbyville, ky.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Cannonball] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5430 sprint in Boulder - though debating the word "race" with IMCdA next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing the Quad Cities Sprint here in Iowa...hopefully the weather with cooperate and might also do some Crits after the race on Sunday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mackenzie Sprint Triathlon, Mackenzie, BC. The field is up to 45 athletes this year :) http://www.mackbc.com/triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
'Working' a duathlon in Wilkes- Barre, PA. Injuries...

I have several bags of marbles at the ready for the transition...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several of us are racing the Wisconsin Triterium olympic distance tri in Verona, WI (triloop.org). A portion of the bike course is IMMoo course.

------------------------
Ride it like I stole it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OLY race in Zug, Switzerland. First of the season - looks like the weather isn't going to be very nice though.

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Muskoka Chase... first tri of the year for me. Not sure how much I'll actually be racing, as I'm doing Ironman France the following weekend, but once the race starts it will probably be a whole different ball game.

June 22/08 - Ironman Nice
Sept 14/08 - Muskoka 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Motor City Triathlon, an Olympic Distance race on Belle Isle here in Detroit, Michigan. Looking forward to a fine day.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be at the RecPlex tri as well. Coming from Cincy and meeting my parents in Louisville along the way. My sister lives in St. Louis and this will be the 4th year consecutive we've (myself, my dad, and my sister) done the spring edition. It's a fun race, although I hope the run is more similar to 2 years ago and not like last year...cutting across the blacktop to go around the school (I think it's a school) and the construction was HOT. Luckily this year my takeoff time is substantially earlier than previously. GL
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [jsk85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the only time it's gone in front of the school. All the construction is done now, though. So, we should be back to going through the park to start the run. Now, where the bike course is going to go...

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About the Rec Plex (2nd time)...I went to check in today and the lady that checked me in, when asked, said they were having a meeting about it at that exact moment. If anyone hears anything about it, I'd be grateful for a update! Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raced and won a local 10k this morning - 4th overall, but first female. 43:37, I am pretty happy :D

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to do the "big fish, very little barrel" thing this am, and raced a very small, very local "tri", that had kayaking in lieu of swimming. YES!!!!

A very solid paddler/biker was in my wave, so I got a free ride for the paddle, I drafted him the whole way (which is, of course, totally kosher).
I repaid the favor to him on the bike, much to my chagrin. But hey, he's the one who hasta look in the mirror about that, not me.
Dropped him hard in the first 200m of the run, buh-bye.

Anyway, local uber-stud Keith Strudler shows up, he's the dude who won SOS last year. Swell.
He is a bike/run machine; but he can't paddle to save his life, so *maybe* I still have a chance....

Nope.

A 1m kayak isn't nearly long enuff to make enuff ground on a dude who can run a 16:30 5k off the bike.
So I finished 2nd OA. Always a bridesmaid.....

Cool stuff: they had bagpipers at the end of the race. And cold BEER. I had 2 Becks.

Not so cool stuff: very dangerous bike thru the crowded village. If you hit one of the 2 traffic lights, you had to stop. WTF??
Poor timing - nobody is really sure whether the first 2 waves of 10 kayaks went out together, or with a 2 minute interval like they were supposed to.
Run course had a very poorly marked (and totally pointless) short out and back (which wasn't on the maps, nor was it mentioned in the pre-race briefing, such as it was), and I went off course for a while. In an area that I know like the back of my hand. ARRRGH.
Without the out and back, it was probably a legit 3m or 5k - with it (and my wandering) it was 3.3m by my Garmin.

Enough of my whining, call the WAAAAAAMMMMBULANCE for me, I'm done crying like a biatch for now.

Another beer is in order.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL about kayak instead of swim ;-) congrats on your 2nd OV.

No beer at my race! Orange juice and bananas and nectarines. Yummmm.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PS - PROPS on yer blazing 10k run TC, very nice!!!

With yer swim, and now yer running, we just need to get you and Chatter to spend a bit more quality time together,
and then the sponsorship offers will start rolling in.... ;-)

I had 2 hotdogs, 2 beers, 2 cokes, and a sprite. YUM.

Just rehydrated with some Coors Lite (I know, I know, it's not beer, it's flavored water), and now I *have* to go take a nap w/ the wee one.
Sometimes it's tough being the Daddy.... ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tulsa Tri, olympic distance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I tried to do the "big fish, very little barrel" thing this am, and raced a very small, very local "tri", that had kayaking in lieu of swimming.
I need to find one of those in Texas.
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [CatIsTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that you had to drop out. I hope you're OK.

I'm doing that one too, also my first race of the season.

I hope they don't cancel the swim because of weather or runoff.

Good luck bobcowin! (unless you're in my age group!) ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, ML!

Chatter and I spent three quality hours together this morning. My quads feel torn to shreds, ohhhh hurting on the bike is okay right?!

I want a Speedo sponsorship. Then , since they use athletes for models, I would get to be a swimsuit model too.

Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Axles of Evil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thankfully healing up - will be racing in 2 weeks.
Hope you all are having a great race - it is raining here...

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<< My quads feel torn to shreds, ohhhh hurting on the bike is okay right?! >>

Sure, that's a good thing.

To paraphrase Rich Strauss,
It's ok to ride too hard. It's ok to ride too long. It's ok to ride too hard and too long - that's what cell phones are for.

You take the hurt on the bike in training. You dish it out in races.

If you think it's fun to swim VICIOUSLY, just wait until you can bike VICIOUSLY....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool pic of you from the online local newspaper:
http://www.rep-am.com/...eries/061408/11.html

the lead motorcycle cops were bragging on your riding ability when they got back to the park. nice race, consider coming up for the sprint wed july 9th...

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Racing this weekend...anyone? [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a first, it was nice having those guys in front to key off of. A few times when they rode away on the false flats I tried to push it so they didn't think I was a wuss!

Unfortunately the race didn't end after the bike, but I'll be back. I love that race, you really do put on a great show. I'm doing a write-up for my LBS (Cadence in Manayunk) and I'll send you the link.

Thanks again, and thanks for the pic!
mike
Quote Reply

Prev Next