Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RNC disinformation engine [wmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was a joke dude.

It was a smear from RNC oppo.

The enemy of the truth is not the lie but the repeated myth.

iambigkahunatony.com
Quote Reply
Re: RNC disinformation engine [wmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying that Al Gore DIDN'T invent the internet???? Then how are we doing this right now?
Quote Reply
Re: Personal attacks as a debating strategy? NOT OT [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow.

(clapping)

i didn't think it was possible to simultaneously miss your own point (completely) while convincing the undecided/unconcerned (such as myself), that you aren't worth listening to about anything, regardless of your "facts."

that's impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs, I love you man, but... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soooo ... now TSR stands for Taint-Smeller Racing ... ?

ewwww ... cancel my order for a jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: Personal attacks as a debating strategy? NOT OT [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang in there cuz, I love ya. Where else can I get the opinion of a middle-aged, libertarian, Buddhist, war-monger on every thing under the sun?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Against stupidity the very gods fight in vain." (Schiller)

If it were not already obvious, this thread would make it painfully so: Unmoderated Internet forums will never be the right place to look for reasoned, logical arguments or civility. Unfortunately, as long as people can hide behind their computer screens and usernames, ad hominem arguments will be the order of the day. It's just an inherent characteristic of the medium. So why fight it?

-----
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
Which is probably why I was registering 59.67mi as I rolled into T2.

Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs, I love you man, but... [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soooo ... now TSR stands for Taint-Smeller Racing ... ?

ewwww ... cancel my order for a jersey.
-------------------------------------------------------------

my current vote for post of the week..nothing like a good taint joke to throw a guy off....my watery watery eyes...now we need to change the symbol from bishop to????skidmark
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs, I love you man, but... [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What jersey?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Tibbs, I love you man, but... [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What jersey?

Exactly.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Just don't start talking about.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiches.

Be forewarned: If you ask, I will tell you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a sucker. . .What's a guiche?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It's a piercing of the, well, taint.

(Off in the distance, thousands of people stare at their monitors, grimacing, disgusted, while one guy ponders what saddle would work with that.)

I'm like BASF. I don't make the threads sleazy, I just make them sleazier.

Is it just me, or did this off topic thread go off topic? Only on Slowtwitch.

Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't know..but it is spelled an awful lot like quiche and nothing that sounds like quiche can be any good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i didn't want to ask,so i did a yahoo search.

suffice it to say that the words "scrotal ladder" were brought up.

don't need to know no more.
Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see...told you it sounded too much like quiche to be something good
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm a curious sort so I 'googled' guiche. I'm sorry I did. I really didn't need to know what a 'Prince Albert' is any more than I needed to know what a guiche is. Oh well, you know what they say about curiousity....
Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... it pierced the taint?

... don't even bring up ... umm ... cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose I should apologize, knowing full well that several people would google it, and knowing that google would be scraping some weird stuff up off the bottom of the internet, but all that taint talk was getting out of control, and everybody was having fun. I had to put a stop to it. ;p

Anyway, I'm sorry. I'm sorry to everyone who googled "guiche" and now knows far more about piercing than they ever wanted to. However, if you clicked through to more than one result link, then you were enjoying it. And that's kind of pervy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that YOU looked into more than one of those sites is rather troubling

I wonder if when an athlete who tests positive for drugs says their water bottle was 'tainted' really thinks about that before saying so
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alll of you got off lightly - I googled a protocol for a technique I wanted to use in an experiment, and up came a paid ad offering help with giving up flogging the dolphin. I'm still in shock - I didn't know there were people like that out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Just don't start talking about.... [goobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do believe this thread was guiched to death. RIP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
" I get rather intense about it when someone throws out an opinion based on incomplete or dishonest information. I don't blame folks for being misinformed or ignorant, but when I take the time to put my opinions in writing, you can generally believe that I did so with considerable thought and research."

So will you admit that you were misinformed and ignorant when you told me "You've been reading too many of his press releases" in response to a comment about McCain? That comment is entirely based on uninformed and misguided assumptions. But now I'm supposed to believe you express your opinions with considerable research? Could you please credit a source? Maybe you could take a step off your high horse and be slightly less condescending.
Quote Reply
Re: Personal attacks as a debating strategy? NOT OT [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for basing your opinion on something other than the facts.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Personal attacks as a debating strategy? NOT OT [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So will you admit that you were misinformed and ignorant when you told me 'You've been reading too many of his press releases' in response to a comment about McCain?"
- - Call it a good guess. I may have been wrong, perhaps you just listened to a lot of misinformed people. McCain is still no hero.

"That comment is entirely based on uninformed and misguided assumptions."
- - Perhaps MISinformed, but hardly misguided. I still contend that McCain doesn't fit the qualifications of "hero."

"But now I'm supposed to believe you express your opinions with considerable research?"
- - No, you'll believe whatever you choose to believe. You choose to believe that McCain is a war hero. There are folks here who believe global warming is a proven phenomenon. I can't control the sort of errors to which people will subscribe.

"Could you please credit a source?"
- - A source for what?

"Maybe you could take a step off your high horse and be slightly less condescending."
- - That would run against my nature... ;o)

However, if you get to a thread before some pissant like GSJ or JGS or whatever initials he goes by starts throwing his tantra, you might find me a bit less strident. I tend to get testy with someone who's highest retort is "Mega dittos Rush!" That's the sort of response one gets from someone who doesn't do his own thinking and also doesn't realize that some folks actually DO!!

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply

Prev Next