Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Registration: WTC Can Now be Selective & Impose Requirements On Participants [jeffborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, volume can give you more options.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Registration: WTC Can Now be Selective & Impose Requirements On Participants [jeffborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman is killing their competition on Service.

Not all races. Some race reports feature more swag, better finisher's shirts, just as good aid stations, etc ... all for less money.

What IM races seem to feature best, according from various race reports is ... more participants, more fans, the logo, the announcer and/or finishing videos. You can't duplicate much of that with 300-500 participants.

Seriously, the race reports of the non-MDOT races speak highly of the race and how the race was run.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Registration: WTC Can Now be Selective & Impose Requirements On Participants [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's like comparing the Olive Garden to the local Italian restaurant. You go to any Olive Garden anywhere in the world, and you know exactly what you are going to get. You go to a local Italian restaurant, it might surpass the Olive Garden by a ton. It might be a lot worse. The only way you know is on the reputation of that particular restaurant, recommendations from friends, and so forth.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]You are so right. take a look at this:

17th Annual Great Floridian Triathlon
Individual Entry (Early Entry Savings Special through Nov. 30) $350.00

Are you kidding me? the EARLY entry fee for that race is almost what an IM costs. After Nov. 30th it will be $400.

When you compare that race , to what ANY IRONMAN provides, regarding services , meals, ETC. Ironman is killing their competition on Service. Pick your country, and pick your Ironman, they are selling out races on quality and service, because 2nd place in the Race business is a HUGE gap. Not to mention the have one other thing, called a Brand.

JB.[/reply]

Not sure you are totally correct on that. I would say their number 1 thing they have going for them is brand. The MDot is huge and people want to be associated with this.
talk to the folks who have done an independant IM race and an MDot race and I would bet you will find the the indies are doing some things as good if not better than MDot.
I will let you know how Silverman compares to Lake Placid after next week. :)
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Registration: WTC Can Now be Selective & Impose Requirements On Participants [runner man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
A friend of mine knows a guy who runs a 31 minute 5K and has never done a Half Ironman is planning on registering for IM FL 2007.

This made me really angry

LOL. When I decided to do Ironman, I had no idea guys with your problem even existed. I have plenty of personal reasons for completing an Ironman, so p*ssing you off is just a bonus reason I will add to (the bottom) of my list. I will think of you on the second bike loop at Madison :-*

Quote:
if you can't run faster than 31 min, you suck

You know, I've had some vague suspicions that maybe that was the case, but you've explained in such a clear and direct manner that now I really get it. Are you, by chance, a management consultant?
Last edited by: transfat: Nov 2, 06 1:59
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Registration: WTC Can Now be Selective & Impose Requirements On Participants [runner man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with being selective. I think that only people with fast internet access and are fast to get online when registration is open should be allowed in to the elite Ironman series races.... or any other race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Registration: WTC Can Now be Selective & Impose Requirements On Participants [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Martin, if there is no more INMA, now what happens? No more ironman's?

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next