Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [1shogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the small races are where I do most of my cheating. The prizes are just so damn awesome...Free socks, t-shirts, hell sometimes even a BMX helmet or whatever the local bike shop has to get rid of.

I don't think you guys understand how big the *small race cheating scene* or SRCS underground really is. It's a pretty big network of us across the world, and we will win all the prizes...
Last edited by: PatrickOfSteele: Jul 27, 15 6:52
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [oldcarl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Washington nice this time of year?
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [bigeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigeasy wrote:
Is Washington nice this time of year?

I see what you did there.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [bigeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha. It is if you live in a 'big city' most of the time. And actually, yeah, Saturday morning it was 65 when I pulled up- definitely a nice change this time of year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I generally pass them and smile... sarcastic comment maybe and then step on it when I pass "them". If you have to explain it to them, they're not going to get it any better than before you break it down for them... especially cheaters in our sport. My philosophy on that and other things. I once had another competitor ask me outright if I wanted to "work" with them on the bike... no, no I don't want to work with you.

I just don't get cheating in an amateur sport, but that's from my perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then the world is full of these types of a-holes...
See politics, religion, business, sports, love...

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at this race too and heard of the argument after the race. From my view when I passed the three of you, there was one guy riding to the right, she was slightly to the left one wheel back, then another guy on the inside of her less than two wheels back of the other guy and half wheeling her. The three were riding like that for a solid 30+ seconds as I came up behind and passed. I don't know who is who and don't really care. However from my view, the girl and the guy in the back were drafting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man I knew I should have raced on Saturday instead of trained as scheduled
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [triguy1956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy1956 wrote:
Man I knew I should have raced on Saturday instead of trained as scheduled

Sounds like it was a pretty easy group ride, you did better on your own.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Are you asking whether or not you violated USAT rule 3.3? It's probably in the grey zone, but nobody will care.

There we go. I was getting a bit worried that nobody had yet called out and attacked the OP.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
J_R wrote:
Are you asking whether or not you violated USAT rule 3.3? It's probably in the grey zone, but nobody will care.

There we go. I was getting a bit worried that nobody had yet called out and attacked the OP.

I couldn't find a greyish-pink font. Can a question really be an "attack"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
J_R wrote:

Why are you attacking me now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
J_R wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
J_R wrote:

I'm not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
J_R wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
J_R wrote:

I'm not.

I had just assumed that, given you asked a question.

In my opinion, it's not a quality complaint thread unless the OP gets called out. Your comment was the closest. I'm really disappointed in how we're slipping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad I could be of help!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you're asking, I don't think it's your job to confront her unless you are working in an official capacity for the race. Turn her in to race officials and leave it at that. She's not committing a crime so it's really none of your business beyond informing race officials. You shouldn't be telling other people what to do unless it's an emergency or dangerous situation.

It's got nothing to do with her being wrong; it's the question of the extent of your involvement in the matter.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this thread so far.

dalava wrote:
The preferred nomenclature is cuntpunt
just awesome.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [Jason80134] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
Since you're asking, I don't think it's your job to confront her unless you are working in an official capacity for the race. Turn her in to race officials and leave it at that. She's not committing a crime so it's really none of your business beyond informing race officials. You shouldn't be telling other people what to do unless it's an emergency or dangerous situation.

It's got nothing to do with her being wrong; it's the question of the extent of your involvement in the matter.

I disagree. We need to police each other; otherwise, the cheaters will do what they want whenever they think they can get away with it. Hopefully, the cheater the OP was referring to will think twice about blatantly drafting in her next event.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Jason80134 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if you came by someone blatantly drafting in a race you wouldn't say anything? That's fine I guess but there's a few of us that are gonna feel otherwise. He said his piece and moved on. If anyone was confrontational it was the drafter who crossed the finish line, sought out Carl and went to yelling causing a scene that only further implicated herself. The point is that drafting is cheating and that's wrong. I see no reason not to call someone out for that.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [Bruizer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bruizer wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

I disagree. We need to police each other; otherwise, the cheaters will do what they want whenever they think they can get away with it. Hopefully, the cheater the OP was referring to will think twice about blatantly drafting in her next event.

I believe the right way to do it is to inform the race director. You have no business giving other people directives if you are not operating in an official capacity. And when you do confront, it will likely have the opposite effect that you desire. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. At most, you could make a quick and short comment such as, you are cheating and I will be informing the officials. Yelling at someone and getting in their face rarely if ever gets positive results. Any adult should know this.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thechromedome wrote:
So if you came by someone blatantly drafting in a race you wouldn't say anything? That's fine I guess but there's a few of us that are gonna feel otherwise. He said his piece and moved on. If anyone was confrontational it was the drafter who crossed the finish line, sought out Carl and went to yelling causing a scene that only further implicated herself. The point is that drafting is cheating and that's wrong. I see no reason not to call someone out for that.
Cheers,

No I would not give another person a directive in the middle of a race. I would turn them in to the race director if it bothered me. Do you think positive results are achieved by telling other adults what to do in a heated and confrontational way? (and i'm not talking about dangerous or threatening situations)

If I were really concerned, and I understand the concern, I might say, "you are cheating and I'm turning you in, just so you know". That's very different that telling another person what to do. You're telling them what YOU are doing. That's a massive difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason80134 wrote:
Bruizer wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

I believe the right way to do it is to inform the race director. You have no business giving other people directives if you are not operating in an official capacity. And when you do confront, it will likely have the opposite effect that you desire. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. At most, you could make a quick and short comment such as, you are cheating and I will be informing the officials. Yelling at someone and getting in their face rarely if ever gets positive results. Any adult should know this.

The OP yelled at her and told her to knock it off, and from what I can infer, moved on to his own race. So it's not like he stayed with her and continue to yell or harass her. I believe the situation got out of hands because the woman actually seeked him out later to confront him about it which is not doubly wrong of her.

On the role of fellow competitors wrt rules, I believe it's even more important for small races. There aren't enough officials for these smaller races to enforce the rules and athletes should take upon themselves to remind others to follow the rules. Fairness is essential to competitions.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've actually witnessed a married couple racing same race and wifey saw husband in huge pack and yelled at them all.

Husband said chill everyone is doing it and unable to avoid blah blah blah.

Side note, of course none of the other athletes knew who she was and he said kind of sheepishly, "that's my wife."

When someone sees a blatant wrong, which affects fairness of race it is normal to call it out.
Last edited by: Ty: Jul 27, 15 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:
Bruizer wrote:
Jason80134 wrote:

The OP yelled at her and told her to knock it off, and from what I can infer, moved on to his own race. So it's not like he stayed with her and continue to yell or harass her. I believe the situation got out of hands because the woman actually seeked him out later to confront him about it which is not doubly wrong of her.

On the role of fellow competitors wrt rules, I believe it's even more important for small races. There aren't enough officials for these smaller races to enforce the rules and athletes should take upon themselves to remind others to follow the rules. Fairness is essential to competitions.

That's where I disagree. He was telling her what to do. That's not his role. You shouldn't be telling other adults what to do if you're not operating in an official capacity. He should have just turned her in and maybe let her know that he was turning her in. Small race or not, just let the race director know exactly what was happening. Observe and inform, sure, but your job is most certainly not to give directives.

I'm only talking about the OP's actions. And guess what, they only served to piss the woman off. If that's the goal, fine, but it's likely not going to have the intended effect of motivating her to stop cheating. I think most adults would know this basic aspect of human psychology.
Quote Reply

Prev Next