Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
admitted to drafting, did not care
Quote | Reply
At a local sprint triathlon this weekend, I noticed a female triathlete tuck in behind a male triathlete that passed her. She was near the front, easily in the top 5 overall. It took me an estimated 5 to 7 minutes to catch them. During that time she stayed directly behind him, drafting, they even moved over together as they passed another contestant. As I caught them, I yelled at her, calling her a cheater and drafter and told her to knock it off. I pretty much forgot about it after that. After the race, she tracked me down and confronted me, telling me to never yell at her again. I responded by saying that you were cheating. She admitted to drafting and said that she did not care, it just a local race. I told her that all of the rest of the women in the race cared and that she was cheating. She continued to be defiant and argued that drafting was fine, no one cared. I questioned her integrity, she just did not care. Instead of hiding in shame after the race, she hunted me down to confront me. What would you have done?
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [oldcarl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kicked her in the vagina, of course. Gotta keep dem hoes in line.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The preferred nomenclature is cuntpunt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"What would you have done? "

I would have done nothing except to accept that nowadays triathlon is full off self centered all about me types. She's a perfect example. They've always been there, but I honestly believe not so much in the old days. Maybe that's why I don't do them any more.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did the right thing to come to us. We just need the name of the event and her finishing time.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A pump in her spokes obviously.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
You did the right thing to come to us. We just need the name of the event and her finishing time.

Exactly. Nothing like a good 'twitch hunt. (Sorta serious, why doesn't ST have a wall of shame?)
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although there is a lot of sarcasm in these replies, I think you did the right thing by calling her out. I have called people out as well. People are afraid to be assertive these days, and are often timid. Say something, it creates social pressure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Called the cops and filed a restraining order....

Seriously, these roidsters are nuts. You are lucky she didn't bring her "trainer/handler" or a gun.

oldcarl wrote:
At a local sprint triathlon this weekend, I noticed a female triathlete tuck in behind a male triathlete that passed her. She was near the front, easily in the top 5 overall. It took me an estimated 5 to 7 minutes to catch them. During that time she stayed directly behind him, drafting, they even moved over together as they passed another contestant. As I caught them, I yelled at her, calling her a cheater and drafter and told her to knock it off. I pretty much forgot about it after that. After the race, she tracked me down and confronted me, telling me to never yell at her again. I responded by saying that you were cheating. She admitted to drafting and said that she did not care, it just a local race. I told her that all of the rest of the women in the race cared and that she was cheating. She continued to be defiant and argued that drafting was fine, no one cared. I questioned her integrity, she just did not care. Instead of hiding in shame after the race, she hunted me down to confront me. What would you have done?
Last edited by: windschatten: Jul 26, 15 20:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It takes a special kind of a$$hole to not only cheat, but when confronted about their cheating, to fight back and say that you are wrong for calling them on it.
You did the right thing, they did the wrong thing, twice. You can't do anything else, just hope she gets DQ'd frequently in the future.

I find it quite funny sometimes that people don't see getting drafting penalties as a bad thing. I read a race report from a guy in a local team, he said he was very happy to break 10h even after 2 drafting penalties. I read it as, 'I cheated on the bike to help me break 10h', but I guess there are different ways to see everything.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [roadracer81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roadracer81 wrote:
Although there is a lot of sarcasm in these replies, I think you did the right thing by calling her out. I have called people out as well. People are afraid to be assertive these days, and are often timid. Say something, it creates social pressure.
This.

Also maybe tell the officials.

oldcarl wrote:
After the race, she tracked me down and confronted me, telling me to never yell at her again.
I would have laughed at this.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Last edited by: jt10000: Jul 27, 15 2:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could have said ''if it's no big deal, let's go talk to the race director'' and see what she said.

What race was it? Was she the women's over all winner?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The officials were told and they talked to her though I'm not sure what was said. We didn't see her go up for an award so I'm guessing she was DQd or just declined to show up.

What got me was that had she just laid low hardly anyone would have known, but since she decided to argue loudly after the race she pretty much should have just grabbed the mike from the race director and declared her love of cheating to the whole event.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should have gotten her race # found her name and posted it here of course. Public shaming is sometimes the only way.

However if she was DQ'd then I guess justice was served.
Last edited by: Ty: Jul 27, 15 3:38
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's probably a big Lance Armstrong fan if she loves that move!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you asking whether or not you violated USAT rule 3.3? It's probably in the grey zone, but nobody will care.
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was this in eastern NC? Be hard to hide with that few people in the race even with the concurrent events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldcarl wrote:
What would you have done?
I would have pulled out my phone and videoed the conversation and posted it on Youtube and linked it to here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that's interesting. I believe I was at the race with you. I hear the hubbub but didn't know exactly what had happened. I'm sorta curious now because I'm fairly sure I saw the same thing, but wasn't certain as I went by them pretty quick and was only half paying attention. My basic question is...did the guy in front know what was going on?
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [1shogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He didn't actually. He thought Carl was yelling at him for a moment there!

Funny.

Cheers,

thechromedome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and now that I've thought about it, I'd be interested in knowing where in the course it happened. Assuming you are who I think, you and I came out of the water at the same time but looks like I exited transition first so I'm not sure I would have seen exactly what you did. I'm almost certain I passed them (or her at least), and then you saw them a bit later.

The curious cat in me wants to know who it is (pm me if you feel like sharing). I do most of the races in this series and run into the same people frequently. If this is a common thing for her, it would be nice for folks to be on the lookout for this sort of behavior. I had on the black/grey camo with the orange race series logo. There was an incident at last year's race involving a woman in the top 5 with poor sportsmanship (cursing, confrontation, etc) and I guess I'm curious if it's the same one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well dang there's more of us flatlanders here than I realized. Looked like you guys had a pretty good presence. I'll have to try to catch up with you guys next year. I'm an hour and a half to the west in the 'big city'
Quote Reply
Re: admitted to drafting, did not care [triguy1956] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a small race. Less than 100. Apparently that's her justification for drafting.....that it was a small race and didn't matter. I'm gonna try to refrain from clues as to the wheres and whos though. :)

Cheers,

thechromedome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We should let this go because her intent was good. She was doing it for overweight kids. She is noble. We need a thread to positively track the progress of this cheater.

I would like to donate to her 50/50/50 fund (50 cheats in 50 days in 50 states - all from her own home, in one day... because she is a cheater).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
understand 100%. Pretty sure I know who it was anyway. Definitely don't want to restir the pot and making that the focus of an otherwise good time. Mum's the word.

Sad, though, that some take it so dang seriously. That small race is one my faves just because of the setting.
Quote Reply

Prev Next