Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
ryryrocco wrote:
@gregtay can you please post an image of your hydration system mods? I would like to try that. Thanks

I will grab some photos today.
Bump for hydration pics
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm considering buying an Alpha One for use on the track (4K IP). I'm just concerned that it might not be quite as stiff as some other options out there. I remember the comment about extensions play made by the BikeRadar reviewer. I'm not very heavy (Low 70s in kg), nor very powerful (1200W / 1 sec peak power). The UCI 80 cm rule will force me to run pretty short extensions as well. The only real reason for my concern is that I'll be riding it on a short and bumpy 190 m track with unusually steep banking.

Have any fellow Slowtwitchers tested the Alpha One for endurance track events? Would love to hear how it have worked for you!

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by: CN: Jun 26, 19 5:26
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [CN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'm personally not a track cyclist, but Molly Van Houweling (former UCI hour record holder) recently switched to Alpha One, and she and her husband (her "preparer" as Slowman would say) are extremely particular about what they use.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
gregtay wrote:
ryryrocco wrote:
@gregtay can you please post an image of your hydration system mods? I would like to try that. Thanks

Bump for hydration pics

Hope this helps. I cut down a carbon Xlab Versa (cut the sides off), drilled a new hole in the mounting plate further forward and used that hole and the original "forward" hole to mount the Versa to the BTA mounts on the Alpha. Then I needed to find a way to secure the rear of the cage to the Versa so I made a very low profile nylon nut/screw work (cut it down a bit) The nylon screw is covered by black tape in the photos (the tape is just there to stop spilled sticky stuff from seeping down under the cage.) I will try to get another photo with the tape off. This rear screw is really just keeping the cage centered, it doesn't need to be something super strong. I also have double sided foam tape under the rear of the bottle cage. If you want more tilt in the Alpha you may need to add some small spaces under the screws that mount the Versa (and this actually makes solving securing the rear of the cage easier as you would have more room between the cage Versa and the Alpha. I had the spacers ready to go but I only have a few degrees of tilt so didn't use them. Sorry, not great photos. My Torpedo bottle is in the same location as it was on my Alpha, which is what I was going for.

Last edited by: gregtay: Jun 26, 19 11:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your post

I’m trying to understand what your goal was?

I have an XLAB Versa

Connected directly to the alpha one with Velcro strip underneath and two rubber bands

No water bottle holder. No screws

No rattle and stays in place even over railroad tracks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
Thank you for your post

I’m trying to understand what your goal was?

I have an XLAB Versa

Connected directly to the alpha one with Velcro strip underneath and two rubber bands

No water bottle holder. No screws

No rattle and stays in place even over railroad tracks

I had this setup on my Alpha (except it just direct mounted to the Alphas mounts without any mods.) When I mounted it up to the One is was WAY too far forward and my Garmin mount was basically interfering with my bar ends. So I was simply looking for a way to move the Versa back. I really like my Garmin up high and flush with the top of the Torpedo. I also use the whale tail clip on the top of the Torpedo to hold down the tube from the Torpedo on one side and my Shiv bladder tube on the other side. So the main goal was just simply moving what I had set up on my Alpha over to the One (which had mounts further forward.) My setup is super solid, nothing moves up there, no rattle, etc. The negative to my setup is I am adding some weight having the trimmed down Versa and their Garmin mount on there when all that weight is simply is really just a Garmin mount. But for now it works and I am very comfortable with where everything is.

Quote | Reply
I think I just saw on Instagram a picture of a British trackie in the wind tunnel with Alpha One on a Cervelo T4 perhaps...

TriRig wrote:
Well, I'm personally not a track cyclist, but Molly Van Houweling (former UCI hour record holder) recently switched to Alpha One, and she and her husband (her "preparer" as Slowman would say) are extremely particular about what they use.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:
gregtay wrote:
ryryrocco wrote:

Bump for hydration pics

Hope this helps. I cut down a carbon Xlab Versa (cut the sides off), drilled a new hole in the mounting plate further forward and used that hole and the original "forward" hole to mount the Versa to the BTA mounts on the Alpha. Then I needed to find a way to secure the rear of the cage to the Versa so I made a very low profile nylon nut/screw work (cut it down a bit) The nylon screw is covered by black tape in the photos (the tape is just there to stop spilled sticky stuff from seeping down under the cage.) I will try to get another photo with the tape off. This rear screw is really just keeping the cage centered, it doesn't need to be something super strong. I also have double sided foam tape under the rear of the bottle cage. If you want more tilt in the Alpha you may need to add some small spaces under the screws that mount the Versa (and this actually makes solving securing the rear of the cage easier as you would have more room between the cage Versa and the Alpha. I had the spacers ready to go but I only have a few degrees of tilt so didn't use them. Sorry, not great photos. My Torpedo bottle is in the same location as it was on my Alpha, which is what I was going for.

Just curious what is that headset cover used below your stem, looks really clean setup
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [5MIL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5MIL wrote:
gregtay wrote:
MrTri123 wrote:
gregtay wrote:
ryryrocco wrote:

Bump for hydration pics

The Alpha was designed to cover the bearings and act as a dustcap, so no need to run one. I wanted to go one step further to protect my bearing so I grabbed the ring/seal the is snapped in the bottom of the factory Shiv dustcap and I placed it on top of the bearing before installing the Alpha. Ended up very clean, low (which is always a plus with the Shiv) and the bearings are protected and not exposed. I did the same thing on my wifes PR5 w/ the Alpha, in her case it was a CraneCreek dustcap, I just pulled the ring/gasket from the bottom of dustcap/headset. The only issue with the CrankCreek is that the rubble seal is blue and her bike is Neutron (pink).. so it is a little more visible under the Alpha.

Just curious what is that headset cover used below your stem, looks really clean setup

Quote | Reply
TriRig,

Question on the Alpha One Pad X measure meant. Has anyone run the pads with two screws side by side and pushed to the edge? to get some extra reach?

My Pad X is around 20mm longer than what Alpha One's fit chart provides. Been debating forever, and been practicing with having my elbow sit smack middle on the pad (which I would end up at with an Alpha One), but finally decided that I don't like it.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
TriRig,

Question on the Alpha One Pad X measure meant. Has anyone run the pads with two screws side by side and pushed to the edge? to get some extra reach?

My Pad X is around 20mm longer than what Alpha One's fit chart provides. Been debating forever, and been practicing with having my elbow sit smack middle on the pad (which I would end up at with an Alpha One), but finally decided that I don't like it.
So, that's a bit of a complicated question. The older version of the Ergo Cups had horizontal pad spacing of 15.5mm, which doesn't match the horizontal spacing on the Alpha One. The new Ergo Cups (which you can buy as a separate purchase) are slotted, so technically the bolt spacing will match. However, the extension clamps on Alpha One would hit the Ergo Cup if set forward. so if you were to set them forward, you would need some spacers (at least 5mm or so) so that the cup will clear the clamp. That spacer would go below the cup, on top of the Alpha One cup mount.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't remember if you've answered this already, but is everything sent from the US? Looking to buy Alpha one plus delta cover for my P4, but they're already expensive enough without Swedish taxes :)
Also are both Alpha one and X in stock?

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
My TriRig Alpha One is also very 'floppy'. As Rruff mentions it's likely due to no restriction from the cables. I've put a small piece of gaffa tape on each side of the head tube where the Omega X hits it, but would also like a better solution if someone comes up with one. After transport one needs to be aware of the Omega X still being centered as knocking it against the frame can sometimes cause it to lose alignment.

Hey MTM, I eventually solved the issue of the brakes hitting the frame by switching from the longer adapter plate my mechanic used to the shorter one also supplied with the brakes. Not sure if that could be a solution for you or not. I need the 2-hole to single hole adapter plates for my bike, mayne you don't?

I have electrical tape on my frame to hide the chips. Anyone know if nail polish can be used to touch up chips in carbon frames? Presumably the solvent in it is not significantly different from that used with autobody paints?

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:

Ooh, there ya go. I struggled to get my torpedo on between the angle of my tilt and b/c my extensions are short (b/c I'm 5'3"+). I bought a new garmin mount and it's affixed UNDER the fly using the forward most holes. Thing is, I can't actually see it while using the torpedo. It's just going along for the ride...

(The buttons are also hard to hit b/c the fit between the extensions is tight. I'm using my 920 as a bike computer b/c my 520 only has 2 h battery life these days. The 520 wouldn't twist into this space anyway).

I may cut my Versa up so I can get my computer visible again.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
MTM wrote:
My TriRig Alpha One is also very 'floppy'. As Rruff mentions it's likely due to no restriction from the cables. I've put a small piece of gaffa tape on each side of the head tube where the Omega X hits it, but would also like a better solution if someone comes up with one. After transport one needs to be aware of the Omega X still being centered as knocking it against the frame can sometimes cause it to lose alignment.

Hey MTM, I eventually solved the issue of the brakes hitting the frame by switching from the longer adapter plate my mechanic used to the shorter one also supplied with the brakes. Not sure if that could be a solution for you or not. I need the 2-hole to single hole adapter plates for my bike, mayne you don't?

I have electrical tape on my frame to hide the chips. Anyone know if nail polish can be used to touch up chips in carbon frames? Presumably the solvent in it is not significantly different from that used with autobody paints?

Didn't know there were several adapters? I believe I used the one supplied with the brake, but it's several years old at this point so it might have changed? At the moment I'm back on the Aduro handlebar, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Tsunami wrote:
MTM wrote:

Didn't know there were several adapters? I believe I used the one supplied with the brake, but it's several years old at this point so it might have changed? At the moment I'm back on the Aduro handlebar, though.

I was unable to post a picture from work when I tried yesterday, so will just include the link to TriRig's Omega X installation page. Look for the words DM Adapter Low and High to see the picture of the thing I mean.
https://www.tririg.com/...mp;page=installation

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Can't remember if you've answered this already, but is everything sent from the US? Looking to buy Alpha one plus delta cover for my P4, but they're already expensive enough without Swedish taxes :)
Also are both Alpha one and X in stock?
Yes, everything ships from the US. Stock is routinely updated to be accurate, so if the site says "in stock" that means it is in stock, and you can expect quick shipping based on our policies described at http://www.tririg.com/policies - thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
Anyone know if nail polish can be used to touch up chips in carbon frames?

Just get a little bottle of auto paint. I have doubts about nail polish lasting very long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the thorough response and detailed information.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One - Gamma one [CN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CN wrote:
I'm considering buying an Alpha One for use on the track (4K IP). I'm just concerned that it might not be quite as stiff as some other options out there. I remember the comment about extensions play made by the BikeRadar reviewer. I'm not very heavy (Low 70s in kg), nor very powerful (1200W / 1 sec peak power). The UCI 80 cm rule will force me to run pretty short extensions as well. The only real reason for my concern is that I'll be riding it on a short and bumpy 190 m track with unusually steep banking.

Have any fellow Slowtwitchers tested the Alpha One for endurance track events? Would love to hear how it have worked for you!

Thanks in advance!

The Alpha One bar was my first choice for bars when building up my pursuit bike. Sadly my wife didn’t like the price tag so I picked up a second hand Sigma x stem and paired it with my Missile Evo nats. Short of having a custom set of bars made, your not going to beat the TriRig bars. If you are worried about flex, don’t even think about the current USE offering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
MTM wrote:
Tsunami wrote:
MTM wrote:

I was unable to post a picture from work when I tried yesterday, so will just include the link to TriRig's Omega X installation page. Look for the words DM Adapter Low and High to see the picture of the thing I mean.
https://www.tririg.com/...mp;page=installation

I don't use adapter for DM since my fork is not DM (P5). I use the no-hanger back plate, but now that I notice the height difference between those DM mounts I wonder if there are also different heights for the no-hanger back plate. I have an abrupt edge where the brake meets the back plate, but a team mate with the Omega does not have this edge, but rather a smooth joint.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is only one version of the NH plate. Can you show me images of what is going on?

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you have an Omega X made prior to June 2016, with a Front Plate made after that time. The tire clearance was improved, and that's why the new Front Plate is higher. All parts made since June 2016 match that Front Plate with the higher arc.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That explains it. Maybe I have an older front plate somewhere that will fit more nicely.
Quote Reply

Prev Next