Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [dmorris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmorris wrote:
Since nobody seems to have mentioned him yet, James Cunnama. Previous 4th (5th?) place finisher, back training with Sutton where he seemed to have his most success, can run 2:40 off the bike, and seems to be trending in the right direction this summer. I could see him being right in the mix.

I did, but I agree, he could be really good!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
I think she will have a top 3 race.

My biggest question with Rachel is the swim. She's always been front pack no question, but the swim has been very slow to come back (by her very high standards) it seems. She needs to be in that lead group out of the water and not chasing. I would love to see her have a great race tho!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
Men's-Sam Appleton
Women's-Holly Lawrence

Both athletes have had spectacular results this season. I think either one of them can pull off the upset on the right day.

Not racing
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Linsey Corbin & Heather Jackson

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Alexander's record is questioned as well though, many have cited that the turnaround in the energy lab was considerably shorter in 2011. Frodeno's time definitely appears to be in Crowie's neighborhood. The craziest thing is that Luc Van Lierde's previous record included a 3 minute penalty.

I am personally suspect of any endurance athlete that did super human things in the 90s. It's hard enough to believe it today but in that era I'm not confident there wasn't some other things at play with LVL. Call me cynical ....

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner1 wrote:
Men's-Sam Appleton
Women's-Holly Lawrence

Both athletes have had spectacular results this season. I think either one of them can pull off the upset on the right day.

Neither of which are racing Kona. You are thinking 70.3 worlds and they are hardly shockers.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ruedi Wild

He's had a good year with multiple wins, including recently in Switzerland, and also smoked everyone at 70.3 Taiwan and Philippines. He can definitely handle the heat.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops! I wondered why no one mentioned these two. Duh 🙄

vittorio wrote:
mwanner1 wrote:
Men's-Sam Appleton
Women's-Holly Lawrence

Not racing
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anne Haug in 2018.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [wium1991] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wium1991 wrote:
How about Patrick Nilsson? Could he be in the mix for the podium?

I had the same thought.
He can run in the heat.
I think he can make it into the mix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pete Jacobs
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sticking with Matt Hanson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Swede Patrik Nilsson.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he even racing?

Edit: I meant Jacob
Last edited by: frenchieTT: Sep 29, 17 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, he actually is. He says he feeling pretty good
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
No quantification for it but I would love to see Jesse Thomas throw an upset and either win or get on the podium. I wouldn't bet on it, but I can say I would be out of my chair cheering.

Same. I just like Jesse Thomas as an individual - I would love to see him anywhere in the top 5. Just because.

Michelle Vesterby. Same as Thomas. That smile can win for all I care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think a lot of people would be shocked if an american won. So that's what I'm pulling for.... cmon TO and the Hoff.....

blog
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [lordhong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Hanson. Could see him having a similar result to Lange last year running through the field.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He may not win this yr but I could see him being a contender in next couple yrs.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
Lange or Sanders would be shocking?? I would think they would be in everyone's top 10 (if not, top 5) favorites

You might as well re name the thread 'Other than Frodeno and Kienle who do you think could win?'

Yep !

The real shock is anyone not named Frodeno or Ryf winning
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowboy7 wrote:

This. Until someone steps up (Gomez?), Kona will be a race for 2-10.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
The Swede Patrik Nilsson.

+1, he is crazy good

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
cowboy7 wrote:

What has Frodo done this year? At Allgäu he rode 2:15:02 to Ryf's 2:17:30. Does not really blow me away as unequivocal favorite.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [1poseur1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1poseur1 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
cowboy7 wrote:

What has Frodo done this year? At Allgäu he rode 2:15:02 to Ryf's 2:17:30. Does not really blow me away as unequivocal favorite.

He went sub 8 at IM Austria & won by 15 minutes. But that doesn't matter......a back to back defending champion should always be the "unequivocal favorite" barring any unforeseen circumstances (injury, illness, etc)

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our of all the Americans, I'm definitely pulling for Hoff!
Quote Reply

Prev Next