Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona
Quote | Reply
Let's talk about who the outliers are at this year's Kona race. Who has the chance of shocking us and beating one of the big names that are expected to win.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick Lange and Lionel Sanders.

On the womens side, nobody.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brynjulf wrote:

This.

For women it will be Ryf. No shock there.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Aug 28, 17 12:39
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
brynjulf wrote:

This.

For women it will be Ryf. No shock there.

Sarah Crowley was extremely impressive yesterday in Penticton. Ran 10 minutes slower than Lionel over 30k after the fastest bike split.

Will she beat Ryf, probably not. But I'll say top 2 :)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [brynjulf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not on the Sanders train like everyone else. However I would like to see someone Frodo. I'll pick Matt Hanson.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brynjulf wrote:

Isn't this going against the thread question? These two are big names, would hardly be a massive shock, both are top 5 in the World.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
brynjulf wrote:

Isn't this going against the thread question? These two are big names, would hardly be a massive shock, both are top 5 in the World.

Great point!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
brynjulf wrote:

I think most people expect Kienle or Frodeno to take it, so those two, as fast as they are, would be an outside pick.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Jackets wrote:
brynjulf wrote:

I think most people expect Kienle or Frodeno to take it, so those two, as fast as they are, would be an outside pick.

Sanders would be a good bet - super strong this weekend too. I like Boris Stein, pretty decent last year - keeps improving and nobody talks about him. An FVL type athlete I think. Also, James Cunnama seems like he could top 5 again.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim Don seems to be in good form this season, although he is no spring chicken.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xplombier wrote:
Tim Don seems to be in good form this season, although he is no spring chicken.

This is what I was thinking, although he is a big name it would be a massive shock if his times are legit (I know most people on here think they're not) definitely in with a shout.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy Charles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be shocked by Joe Skippah. I would also be shocked by Susie Cheetham.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:

Lange beats Kienle last year without the penalty. It's going to be one of the three Germans. If Lange hits his cycle properly and comes off the bike within a few minutes of those other two, he's my pick
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Dilbert wrote:

Lange beats Kienle last year without the penalty. It's going to be one of the three Germans. If Lange hits his cycle properly and comes off the bike within a few minutes of those other two, he's my pick

He won't really surprise anyone, and wasn't close in Frankfurt. Although that's July and not October, you think his cycling is there? He hasn't really shown great form this year.

There is the old "a penalty is sometimes a good thing" argument...

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt Hanson, Tim Reed, Lucy Charles

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need for Lange to take risks with his regimen prior to a race in which he only needed to validate, and Faris knows that. I think it was part of the larger plan, even as I am sure he hoped for better
Last edited by: kileyay: Aug 28, 17 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
I would be shocked by Joe Skippah. I would also be shocked by Susie Cheetham.

I think everyone would be shocked by Joe winning - he doesn't have a slot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shock will be a Sanders win after flatting on the bike. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brent McMahon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Let's talk about who the outliers are at this year's Kona race. Who has the chance of shocking us and beating one of the big names that are expected to win.

Noone picking Johs amburger? Im going with him as the dark horse:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lange or Sanders would be shocking?? I would think they would be in everyone's top 10 (if not, top 5) favorites
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan Rapp now that he's on a safe bike!
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alittleslow wrote:
Brent McMahon

I agree on Brent, he looked great in Placid. And Sarah Crowley on the women's side.
Quote Reply
Re: What pro has the best chance to shock us all at Kona [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Noone picking Johs amburger? Im going with him as the dark horse:-)

Josh looked AWESOME in Penticton, just Lionel is at the next level. But give Josh a couple years to develop that run - think Sebi a few years back with a swim! Amberger will be a factor in 2019 for the win...

ETA: He will impact this years race though!

Brent

Last edited by: dfru: Aug 28, 17 14:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next