Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You came around 11pm to watch the last finishers, that was really cool.
Then you started dancing around 11.45pm...Are you planning to take dance lessons? Will you be at so you think you can dance next season?

Great job btw (not for the dancing).
That was not dancing. You'd know if I was dancing. I can dance. "I'm an excellent dancer." ;)

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Your thread about nutrition for IMAZ was immensely helpful to me to me in my first ironman this past July. I tested out a couple of the things you used (as well as your approach for using them) in my own training and used several of them for the race. Worked perfectly.

My question is: What did you do differently in your training (and on race day/weekend) for IMC than you did for IMAZ? Which (if any) of those changes helped and which (if any) did not help or even possibly hurt?
New coach, so a lot of different stuff. Really too much to make an accurate comparison. I.e., very different training, but at the end of the day, really the same - swim, bike, run a lot. Train hard, train fast.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
with your typical day of food - all the rice bread, quinoa - are you gluten intolerant? (I am asking, why rice bread rather than "normal" bread)
I am not gluten intolerant, but I feel better if I do not eat gluten. Rather, I have not been diagnosed as being intolerant of gluten, but I feel better when I don't have it. I don't need a doctor to tell me what I figured out for myself.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahh yes, i really miss running kettle valley.... i miss the whole valley. congrats on the win!

In Reply To:
What was your dinner night before?
What is your race day breakfast?
Do you sleep well the night before and the few nights before IM events?
Do you anticiapte a bike sponsor soon?
Are you going to Kona?
I make baked chicken breast, quinoa, and roasted sweet potatoes.

I sleep ok. The night before the race I have all the typical bad dreams - I overslept, I missed the race start, I forgot something, etc.

I hope so. We'll see if that hope manifests itself into a reality.

No. I am going back to AZ. If I got a Kona slot there for 2010, I would take it.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You pretty much answered all my questions already, but just wanted to say people like you and Jonnyo are class acts, and we ST's are a lucky bunch. Thanks for being accessible. Glad you got the win!!!!

Darren

Darren
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Do you really use bacon fat as chamois cream?

ADW

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does your win refute all of the complaints about the Garmin 310? ;)

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Panda Puffs! Amazon Flakes are my fave, but they's difficult to find.

Congratulations on a great win!
Last edited by: QRgirl: Aug 31, 09 12:45
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Onetimepad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No. Bacon fat should be reserved for cooking further deliciousness. Personal lubrication is a waste. Bacon goes INSIDE the body, not OUTSIDE.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
No. Bacon fat should be reserved for cooking further deliciousness. Personal lubrication is a waste. Bacon goes INSIDE the body, not OUTSIDE.

LOL...that is great.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [DC444] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You pretty much answered all my questions already, but just wanted to say people like you and Jonnyo are class acts, and we ST's are a lucky bunch. Thanks for being accessible. Glad you got the win!!!!

Darren
Amen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
You came around 11pm to watch the last finishers, that was really cool.
Then you started dancing around 11.45pm...Are you planning to take dance lessons? Will you be at so you think you can dance next season?

Great job btw (not for the dancing).
That was not dancing. You'd know if I was dancing. I can dance. "I'm an excellent dancer." ;)
I think Lisa was a better dancer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan:

No questions (hard work + intelligence=success), just wanted to say congrats on the win.

You're doing all the right things, keep it up. I really appreciate your posts and contributions.

(I remember when you were a newbie on ST, seems like yesterday ;-)

Cheers!

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar, congrats on a splendid race. Apologies if this gets OT. We all know you as a details guy but you obviously have a big picture in mind and I'm sure you have some semblence of a long term plan. Care to share with us where you see your career in 5 or 10 years time? Do you have some athletic milestones you'd like to achieve before you wind down? Was there a "lightbulb" moment early in your tri career when you knew this was the lifestyle for you?

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No questions, just congrats on your complete and utter annihilation of the field. It was a great day to be out watching you win!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am not gluten intolerant, but I feel better if I do not eat gluten. Rather, I have not been diagnosed as being intolerant of gluten, but I feel better when I don't have it. I don't need a doctor to tell me what I figured out for myself.[/quote] No issues with dairy?

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I am not gluten intolerant, but I feel better if I do not eat gluten. Rather, I have not been diagnosed as being intolerant of gluten, but I feel better when I don't have it. I don't need a doctor to tell me what I figured out for myself.[/quote] No issues with dairy?

I don't consume dairy either. Well, sometimes I have some ice cream. And a machiatto now and then. But generally I avoid it. I use almond or rice milk. I do eat cheese and yogurt, but generally, bacteria have consumed (almost) all of the lactose in the milk in those cases. I.e., many people that are lactose intolerant do fine with cheese and yogurt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mmm almond milk tastes better anyway. Gratz on your victory and ty for all the great info. Every try bacon ice cream?... its as good as it sounds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any rethinks on whether you'll be racing in a white Kiwami suit in the future? :-)

Congratulations on a well deserved result.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    << That was not dancing. You'd know if I was dancing. I can dance. "I'm an excellent dancer." ;)

so could Elaine (Seinfeld) ;-)

Congratulations Jordan, a well planned and earned victory yesterday!!

When you have the information, I would love to hear the power data, average watts, NP, IF, VI, average watts for Richter, Yellow Lake etc

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [moulli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any rethinks on whether you'll be racing in a white Kiwami suit in the future? :-)

Congratulations on a well deserved result.
If US Customs would release them and stop trying to keep them all for themselves I will!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your win. I have been reading this thread throughout the day and am impressed that you continue to answer all the questions.
My question is about what you do post race. Do you follow the active recovery strategy that Joe B. and others follow? Or do you take a couple days off and then get back into training?
Thanks for being a down to earth, yet very fast guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given your, ahem, "digestive issues" I would say racing in something other than the white suit was a good idea........

Congratulations on a well deserved win. I hope Specialized will see fit to give you some cashola and a nice new Shiv to go with the helmet.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [fitzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Congrats on your win. I have been reading this thread throughout the day and am impressed that you continue to answer all the questions.
My question is about what you do post race. Do you follow the active recovery strategy that Joe B. and others follow? Or do you take a couple days off and then get back into training?
Thanks for being a down to earth, yet very fast guy.
If I wasn't feeling so lazy, I'd drive up Green Mountain Rd. and go sit in the mountain stream. I'll probably just swim this week. I'll do massage and stuff later in the week. I will probably take way more recover than Joe B. will.

Quote Reply

Prev Next