Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on your IMC win. I think it is first class behavior and you are a great ambassador of the sport to make yourself available to answer questions as you are doing.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Q about training...You mentioned that you changed coaches, so there were a lot of variables that changed within your training. How many hours a week on average did you train leading up to IM Canada? Any trainer/computrainer/treadmill training?

Thanks and congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you wear your Rappstar shirt on the podium? Do we need to make a new True Motion shirt for you and put IMC winner??
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [pjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did you wear your Rappstar shirt on the podium? Do we need to make a new True Motion shirt for you and put IMC winner??
I'm on my way to the awards dinner now. "Podium" (as it were) is day after for Ironman races. I am clad in my blue TM "Rappstar" polo (of course)!

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Q about training...You mentioned that you changed coaches, so there were a lot of variables that changed within your training. How many hours a week on average did you train leading up to IM Canada? Any trainer/computrainer/treadmill training?

Thanks and congrats!
- No trainer, computrainer, or treadmill. And no trips to the track in a while.

- About 25hrs/week for the specific IM prep weeks, which is normal and not much different between my two coaches (or even among most of the pros that I know, though there are certainly many who train much more).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the best thread I ever read. Thanks for all the "inside" info. I tell my friends it's like talking to Jeter about hitting. They still don't get it.

Thanks again and congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So as the winner. Were you drug tested? No one doubts you are clean. Just curious as to what goes down for the pros.

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan, Congrats. I saw you at about mile 3 or 4, you were looking great. 3 questions. the 4 bottles of gatorade on the bike, do you have a rear bottle cage to carry those? Do you ever eat solids on the bike while racing? I ask because I need to improve my IM nutrition. Also, how do you do a sub 2 minute transition, can you describe them. It takes me that long to just get my suit off and get my bag.
Thanks, Craig

Quote | Reply
Love to see the power file broken up by hour.

Oh and do you feel bad for making me now question my choice to go from tubbies to clinchers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think you would have won by an even bigger margin if you'd been able to come to the Womens's Xantusia Training Camp this past spring? Put it on your and Jill's calendar for 2010?

Also, were you parents there? I remember how thrilled they were in Clear Lake and you only came in 2nd! ;-)

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very good execution on race day. Well done and an immense Congratulations!

I had the chance to watch Sportsnet coverage your Vancouver HIM victory earlier this year. I thought you were wicked fast then...but this is a whole other level. Hopefully this will air on tv soon...do you know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen your power data yet so here's what I'd like to see (along with some feedback):

1. AP, NP up to YL and AP, NP for the entire ride. Btw, my suspicion is that power between YL and T2 was a bit more significant this year due to the winds.

2. Did you ride the watts you planned? I ask because I think a lot of people rode the watts they planned and it was too much on this day. I rode 10w under my plan up to mile 90 and I fell apart on the bike but my situation could have been unique. Still, I'm not necessarily basing this assessment off of my own experience but what I witnessed in others.

Again, as I said in my e-mail earlier, I've been telling people for 2 years that you're going to be the guy to beat one day. I think this is the first of more to come.

Thanks, Chris
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

2. Did you ride the watts you planned? I ask because I think a lot of people rode the watts they planned and it was too much on this day. I rode 10w under my plan up to mile 90 and I fell apart on the bike but my situation could have been unique. Still, I'm not necessarily basing this assessment off of my own experience but what I witnessed in others.

From my experience this was true... rode the watts I planned and still think I overcooked it on the bike.

Great race, Jordan - I saw you when you were on about mile 19, you looked solid and it seemed like forever before I saw 2nd place... I know you said you weren't considering it 'in the bag' at that point, but from an outsider's point of view it was pretty obvious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. How much aerobar drop are you running these days?

This is very cool that you are answering all these questions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Jordan! And thanks for offering to loan me your HRM strap (the day before the race). You're a class act and I look forward to watching your career unfold.

Fred
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you mentioned earlier that you took gatorade and pepsi on the run at every aid station.... is that right? How do you judge fluid intake as you progress through the run? Do you take anything with you or at special needs?

Thanks for the thread - i saw you finish live and am incredibly impressed. Well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a big BAMF win!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did a "normal" week look like for you in preperation for IMC. What was your longest brick? Thanks, G

Greg Mueller
Level 2 Triathlon Coach
Level 3 Cycling Coach
level 1 Running Coach
Head Coach Innovativeendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No questions here, just a big Congratulations to ya!

Really enjoy the energy you bring to the sport, keep it up.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Do you think you would have won by an even bigger margin if you'd been able to come to the Womens's Xantusia Training Camp this past spring? Put it on your and Jill's calendar for 2010?

Also, were you parents there? I remember how thrilled they were in Clear Lake and you only came in 2nd! ;-)

clm
Probably. But sometimes you need to save the big weapons for the future!

My parents were not there. My Dad, who is an inspiration, had his first day of classes (he's a business professor) on Monday, so they would have had to fly out on Sunday anyway. They were following online from the very start though.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks. How much aerobar drop are you running these days?

This is very cool that you are answering all these questions!
18.7cm (all of the info is in my profile on "my bikes", though I haven't updated my road bike yet).

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [feldon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Very good execution on race day. Well done and an immense Congratulations!

I had the chance to watch Sportsnet coverage your Vancouver HIM victory earlier this year. I thought you were wicked fast then...but this is a whole other level. Hopefully this will air on tv soon...do you know?
They said there will be a one hour TSN broadcast in ~1 month.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [triasImight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi Jordan, Congrats. I saw you at about mile 3 or 4, you were looking great. 3 questions. the 4 bottles of gatorade on the bike, do you have a rear bottle cage to carry those? Do you ever eat solids on the bike while racing? I ask because I need to improve my IM nutrition. Also, how do you do a sub 2 minute transition, can you describe them. It takes me that long to just get my suit off and get my bag.
Thanks, Craig
I only have one regular bottle cage on my bike - between my aerobars.

I do not eat any solids. But, it's important to keep in mind what your particular time goal is. If I was shooting to go 10:00, I might very well eat some solid food. I certainly don't have any opposition to "real" food. If I was going to eat something solid, it would be an Almond Snickers Bar. That's what I like during training.

I used to have relatively slow transitions. But right now, I would say I just go in with a plan. I don't use the wetsuit strippers, mostly because they aren't at most races, so I'm just used to taking off my own suit. I find that helps me be consistent. After that, it's just setting up your gear in a logical fashion - I have left/right socks (for the run), and I put each sock in the shoe it belongs in. My sunglasses I put on during the bike, because it's easy to do while riding and doesn't really slow you down. I try not to be "frantic." Know what you want to do, and do it quickly but methodically. That was Jill's suggestion, after a career racing ITU where transitions are crucial, and it's really helped.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMC Thread [aarondavidson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So as the winner. Were you drug tested? No one doubts you are clean. Just curious as to what goes down for the pros.
I was not. I am not sure what role CCES (Canadian Council for Ethics in Sport) chooses or does not choose to play in the race. We were told that CCES could test us - and had to sign that we agreed to be tested by them - but there was not testing at the finish line.

Thank you also for your vote of support. I also do not expect that people will assume I am clean or not. Being a "nice guy" doesn't mean anything about taking drugs. There are plenty of folks who have been caught doping who were very open. Hopefully, it is the fact that I have been consistent year in my improvements that will make people believe in what I do. But I've had just as many heroes let me down as other folks, so I'd not hold it against anyone who said they thought I was not clean. I would do my best to convince them otherwise, but I'd respect someone's right to be skeptical, since that is unfortunately the reality in "sport" (in general), though fortunately it does not seem to be the case in triathlon.

Quote Reply

Prev Next