Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Etubes length [gregarious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops Yes sorry 56
Quote Reply
Re: Etubes length [scattergold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave helpfully provided a list of Di2 parts and wire lengths in an earlier post (for someone with a 51cm) here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5367021#5367021

I'm just now building up a 58cm and the wire lengths are all good (though I did go with 550mm instead of 500mm for the RD wire just to have a bit more length.)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [gtstang02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gtstang02 wrote:
Yes. I took the extension mounts and flipped them. Then added a 5mm spacer between that and the base bar. Then on top is a 5mm spacer and then the elbow rest.

What bolts did you use to attach extensions and elbow rests?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [badoherty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
badoherty wrote:
gtstang02 wrote:
Yes. I took the extension mounts and flipped them. Then added a 5mm spacer between that and the base bar. Then on top is a 5mm spacer and then the elbow rest.

What bolts did you use to attach extensions and elbow rests?

Thanks!

Maybe it would help if I describe in more detail...

The bolt used to attach the armrest to the extensions (with extensions above base bar) if fairly flush/ flat. But when I attach armrest directly to base bar, this bolt is not used? Instead I've been trying the bolt and lock nut which are used to attach extensions to base bar... but this bolt is not flush/ flat and protrudes through the armrest padding... same if I try with locknut on top of armrests- it also protrudes through padding.

If anyone has mounted extensions below base bar I'd be really grateful if they could share what bolts are used. Or if SuperDave is around and can provide info.... much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Race set-up. Non UCI ten mile TT coming up. Bottle cage will still be taken off.

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the best of preferred aero bottle to run on the frame? What is everyone using as far as hydration setup? Front, behind seat, frame, etc.

TIA!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,
I was wondering if you happen to have a 3d model of the stem cover? (Or if anyone else out there does). Im contemplating a 3d printed SRM mount, built into the stem cover... and before I go get the stem cover commercially scanned, figured I'd ask.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i still try to build a custom calPac like posted before. i like to have my spare tubular in the front area, what will make the setup very clean. Has anyone a 3D file for this bigger version available - i have access to a very professional 3D printer.

Thanks for help
Arnd
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Tell3131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just put the aero 30 from Torhans on mine and was almost able to get it flush with the frame. From everything I looked into it seems to be the best solution IMO
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, do you know if there will be longer versions of the IA stem available anytime? I now have the stem adapter which gives me the perfect fit but I would love to use the integrated cockpit.
Last edited by: datomakin: Jun 5, 15 14:39
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
We need a bit of a help

We built a IA 1 with ultegra di2 FD/RD
Rotor 3D+ MAS crank with qrings AERO 52/36

All went fine but we are struggling shifting up the FD, a pro mechanic checked everything and we cant have a smooth up shifting, down is fine
He is suspecting that the mount point is no rigid enough ,we see the FD moving when shifting, kinda in and out, and if we press with our fingers in that area we feel that's not rigid enough to make the upshifting smooth
We were thinking of changing the 1,6mm seal for a smaller one maybe to bring the qring closer to the frame and help shifting,
Any feedback would be appreciated

Thank you
Last edited by: scattergold: Jun 13, 15 5:37
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the question regarding longer stem attachments for the IA. I still want to use the dagger aerobars, but I'm maxed out on the front end. Only option I and my mechanic can tell is to ditch the dagger, buy the 3d party 110mm from felt and then buy a new aerobar to attach. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [mrearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrearl wrote:
I second the question regarding longer stem attachments for the IA. I still want to use the dagger aerobars, but I'm maxed out on the front end. Only option I and my mechanic can tell is to ditch the dagger, buy the 3d party 110mm from felt and then buy a new aerobar to attach. thanks.

Would a larger frame (2cm longer) solve the length issue you had?

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [scattergold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scattergold wrote:
Hello
We need a bit of a help

We built a IA 1 with ultegra di2 FD/RD
Rotor 3D+ MAS crank with qrings AERO 52/36

All went fine but we are struggling shifting up the FD, a pro mechanic checked everything and we cant have a smooth up shifting, down is fine
He is suspecting that the mount point is no rigid enough ,we see the FD moving when shifting, kinda in and out, and if we press with our fingers in that area we feel that's not rigid enough to make the upshifting smooth
We were thinking of changing the 1,6mm seal for a smaller one maybe to bring the qring closer to the frame and help shifting,
Any feedback would be appreciated

Thank you

Did you back off the high limit set screw to allow the front derailleur cage to move further out?
I assure you the SubStance front derailleur mount has less deflection than a 52t oval chainring on 110mm BCD.
I would not alter the 43.5mm chainline specified by Shimano, there is ample stroke in the F/D if you adjust the travel limits.

-Dave

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [mrearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrearl wrote:

These are some pictures to illustrate the problem. No way I can replicate the position with the integrated stem. The extensions are also very short. With a longer integrated stem, all would be perfect though...

Dave, any longer integrated stems in the pipeline? I'm sure that more people will fit on the IA, increasing the sales potential a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to replace the pads on my stock IA elbow rests. I really like how thin the stock ones are and don't need any more padding than they offer, but looking for something a little more "grippy."
I find the stock ones get mighty slippery in the heat and humidity. Any better suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Dave
Thx for the reply
Yes the high limit set screw is maxed out.
On a free ride (I mean home trainer with no resistance) it changes w/o any issues
but on a normal ride (where the rear wheel isnt freely spinning, if you see what I mean) then we have issues shifting up the FD
so strange ... Never had such behaviour on my other di2 bikes, but that's the first we build with rotor though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scattergold wrote:
Hello Dave
Thx for the reply
Yes the high limit set screw is maxed out.
On a free ride (I mean home trainer with no resistance) it changes w/o any issues
but on a normal ride (where the rear wheel isnt freely spinning, if you see what I mean) then we have issues shifting up the FD
so strange ... Never had such behaviour on my other di2 bikes, but that's the first we build with rotor though

And your diagnosis is that the front derailleur mount is only flexing when there is resistance on the rear wheel? What would cause the front derailleur area to flex when NOT in the trainer?
Oval chainrings are notorious for poor and erratic shifting performance.
Try a Shimano crankset and see if the shifting improves, that would help isolate the source.

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [TankBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TankBoy wrote:
Looking to replace the pads on my stock IA elbow rests. I really like how thin the stock ones are and don't need any more padding than they offer, but looking for something a little more "grippy."
I find the stock ones get mighty slippery in the heat and humidity. Any better suggestions?

Fizik?
Overwrap the pad with trainer tape?

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:
mrearl wrote:

These are some pictures to illustrate the problem. No way I can replicate the position with the integrated stem. The extensions are also very short. With a longer integrated stem, all would be perfect though...

Dave, any longer integrated stems in the pipeline? I'm sure that more people will fit on the IA, increasing the sales potential a lot.

Go up one frame size.
Mount the arm rest on the base bar and the extensions under it.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as a quick trouble shoot to your problem, have you made sure that the support bolt is correctly supporting the derailleur? I.e. is it driven down all the way to the little metal plate that shimano supplies with the FD
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
Yes the little metal plate you put against the frame you mean ?, we removed it and the shifting improved
could be coincidence though.
Like Dave suggested, it is probably due to the oval chainring

On my Felt AR road bike it is shimano DA crankset and all is perfect but the rigidity at the FD is a lot stiffer
on the IA it is weird, I need to find another rider with an IA to compare if my frame is faulty or not
just to be sure ..

Will keep testing ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was the support bolt driven into that? If not, that may help.

Otherwise, idk. Never had oval rings.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ll have to double check that tomorrow
I just brought the bike to my mechanic to do some adjustments
We removed the plate thinking the FD couldnt move out enough for a smooth shifting
it is a lot better than at the beginning, the shifting works in 70% but sometimes it is like missing a tiny pit to push the chain ..
kinda strange ..
Thx for the tip may retry to place that support mini plate
Quote Reply

Prev Next