Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [TankBoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TankBoy wrote:
Looking to replace the pads on my stock IA elbow rests. I really like how thin the stock ones are and don't need any more padding than they offer, but looking for something a little more "grippy."
I find the stock ones get mighty slippery in the heat and humidity. Any better suggestions?

I found the same problem with the stock Felt pads. I switched to Cushy's (Cee Gees) and they are much better. They make them to fit Felt bars

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [scattergold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read your post and i own a ia frd built with di2(da, but i don t think that matters in this case). Its equiped with rotor cranks and rotor qxl 53/41 and i have no issues at all on the front shifting. Not on the rear as well. I don t think the frame stifness between the frd and the ' normal ' carbon frames. So it looks like your set up is not quite right.
Did you use any of the 'spacers' provided by rotor for the front derailleur? I don t and get it working flawless.

Show me a pic of the set up.

Regards,

Jeroen
Tri-Run

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
I ll get the bike back tomorrow

I used 2 washers the 0.5mm on the non drive side but that shouldnt change anything
and on the drive side I used what rotor suggested :
Circlip - bearing (provided by felt) - seal (1.6mm) - Spacer (11.5mm)

The rear shifting is fine, no issue at all
the front up shifting sometimes just doesnt pass when riding, but on the bench it works fine .. very strange behaviour
down shifting is no problem whatever the condition

I ll post the pictures tomorrow, maybe we missed something .. but honestly dont see what ..
Thank you

Tri-Run
On your frame where the FD is attached, does it look like stiff ? on mine I can easily press with my fingers around that area and it is kinda moving ..
Last edited by: scattergold: Jun 16, 15 13:44
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Datomakin, can you tell me how much more reach you achieve using the non integrated stem? I'm not interested in buying a new frame, but it looks like the stem will get me close. I just like to ride very forward. The website says the stem is 110mm. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [mrearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't tell you the exact difference but the pictures I posted on the previous page give you a clear picture. It must be like 50-60mm more reach. The stem also has clean cable routing but you won't be able to use the barrel adjuster for the brakes. I just left them out.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
datomakin wrote:
mrearl wrote:
I second the question regarding longer stem attachments for the IA. I still want to use the dagger aerobars, but I'm maxed out on the front end. Only option I and my mechanic can tell is to ditch the dagger, buy the 3d party 110mm from felt and then buy a new aerobar to attach. thanks.

These are some pictures to illustrate the problem. No way I can replicate the position with the integrated stem. The extensions are also very short. With a longer integrated stem, all would be perfect though...

Dave, any longer integrated stems in the pipeline? I'm sure that more people will fit on the IA, increasing the sales potential a lot.

Go up one frame size.
Mount the arm rest on the base bar and the extensions under it.

-SD

Thank you for your reply Dave. The problem would then be that the base bar would become very high. I think it's already fairly high now. Also, I don't think I will be able to go one size up since I have the frame already for 5 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
datomakin wrote:
mrearl wrote:
I second the question regarding longer stem attachments for the IA. I still want to use the dagger aerobars, but I'm maxed out on the front end. Only option I and my mechanic can tell is to ditch the dagger, buy the 3d party 110mm from felt and then buy a new aerobar to attach. thanks.

These are some pictures to illustrate the problem. No way I can replicate the position with the integrated stem. The extensions are also very short. With a longer integrated stem, all would be perfect though...

Dave, any longer integrated stems in the pipeline? I'm sure that more people will fit on the IA, increasing the sales potential a lot.

Go up one frame size.

-SD

Thank you for your reply Dave. The problem would then be that the base bar would become very high. I think it's already fairly high now. Also, I don't think I will be able to go one size up since I have the frame already for 5 months.

What is your priority while riding in the base bar position? How often are you spending time here when your primary concern is how low you are?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello SD
I got a little question
I found a sticker on my Frame - I was curious of what it means :

IA1-L
70%

Any idea ? :)
Last edited by: scattergold: Jun 17, 15 15:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just tried to press the wall of the frame around that FD area but even with some serious pressue applied it is almost impossible to press it in.
So there might be a difference after all between frame stifness in the frd and none frd models. But SD can you tell you this better for sure.
I only delivered IA 3 and 4's to customers that used them standard with mechanical shifting.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got an ia1 in size large?

The 70% likely means it was only 70% of perfect quality. Begin to freak out and sell to me super cheap :) (somewhat pink....)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
You got an ia1 in size large?

The 70% likely means it was only 70% of perfect quality. Begin to freak out and sell to me super cheap :) (somewhat pink....)

Heheh :)
if 56 is L then yes :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-run wrote:
Just tried to press the wall of the frame around that FD area but even with some serious pressue applied it is almost impossible to press it in.
So there might be a difference after all between frame stifness in the frd and none frd models. But SD can you tell you this better for sure.
I only delivered IA 3 and 4's to customers that used them standard with mechanical shifting.

I just tested again now, pressing the wall where the FD is held, I can feel the frame moving (not much) but still feel the frame wall moving slightly in pressing with my fingers
compared to my AR1 that wont move at all whatever the pressure I put on the frame wall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scattergold wrote:
Hello SD
I got a little question
I found a sticker on my Frame - I was curious of what it means :

IA1-L
70%

Any idea ? :)

IA1 - model name
L - size (large)
70% - my grades in college

-SD

just kidding, 70% is the amount of matte added to the clear coat on the carbon. That bike uses 100% GLOSS areas and 30% gloss/70% matte finish areas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,
I was wondering if you could recommend a work stand to work on an ia at home(ideally not a bottom bracket based on). do any of the feedback sports clamps work(it looks like they may be oriented In the wrong direction)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G'day Dave and All,

I am loving my Felt IA3, it's just wicked!
My question I have is regarding the Novatec wheels. They appear to have a one piece decal that basically covers the entire wheel except for the braking surface.

I was wondering, firstly, that they are in fact covered in a one piece decal. Secondly, if I remove the decal, will the wheels be plain black carbon underneath. I am asking since I really like the look of plain black carbon wheels.

Thanking you all in advance, Kristy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
datomakin wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
datomakin wrote:
mrearl wrote:

Go up one frame size.

-SD

What is your priority while riding in the base bar position? How often are you spending time here when your primary concern is how low you are?

-SD

Fair point! My main discipline is TT's where cornering and out of the saddle sprints are more common than in triathlons but I agree that I'm not the main target group of the IA. I'm super satisfied with the bike but it would be perfect if there would be a longer integrated stem. The integrated system looks so clean. Who knows I might find someone who wants to swap his 56 IA for my 54...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to air travel with my IA and boy it's not nice to remove the handlebar assembly. It would obviously be easier to travel in a soft bag like Scicon but don't really trust airport personal to treat it properly.

Thinking about going with the adapter stem and change the bar. Can anyone who has the stem confirm that one would just have to unscrew the bolt at the front of the stem and then one should be able to remove the base bar, twist it and place it along the frame so it fits in a bike box hardcase?

Thanks guys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave,

I need to buy a new aeropack cover. I have the original IA, so before the cover was redesigned. Can I simply purchase the cover for sale on Felt.com (http://www.feltbicycles.com/...A-AEROPAC-COVER.aspx) or, if that won't work, can I purchase the full aeropac listed on felt-stuff.com (http://www.felt-stuff.com/...felt-ia-aeropac.html)?

Thanks,
Dave
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Dave,

I need to buy a new aeropack cover. I have the original IA, so before the cover was redesigned. Can I simply purchase the cover for sale on Felt.com (http://www.feltbicycles.com/...A-AEROPAC-COVER.aspx) or, if that won't work, can I purchase the full aeropac listed on felt-stuff.com (http://www.felt-stuff.com/...felt-ia-aeropac.html)?

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, you can purchase those items depending on where on the globe you reside.

-Dave

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Knudsen88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knudsen88 wrote:
I'm going to air travel with my IA and boy it's not nice to remove the handlebar assembly. It would obviously be easier to travel in a soft bag like Scicon but don't really trust airport personal to treat it properly.

Thinking about going with the adapter stem and change the bar. Can anyone who has the stem confirm that one would just have to unscrew the bolt at the front of the stem and then one should be able to remove the base bar, twist it and place it along the frame so it fits in a bike box hardcase?

Thanks guys

Does your case allow the bike to be boxed with the handlebars loose instead of completely removed from the bike?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the new-style cover works with the old IA?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
So the new-style cover works with the old IA?

Yes, just clip the two retention tabs or dremel holes in the existing cal-pac for them.
-
Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Knudsen88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knudsen88 wrote:

Thanks guys

Unfortunately this won't work. The brake cables route through the stem so if you want to remove the bars completely, you would need to loosen the brake cables. For the front this is not a big issue but for the rear it's a pita to reroute the brake cable every time you travel with the bike.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the rear brake cable is in the way :-/

Is it possible to get a hard box that is so big that you can travel with without having to remove base bar and aero bars?
Quote Reply

Prev Next