Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [scattergold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scattergold wrote:
Hello
I have a Felt IA1 frame coming over
I was wondering where and how to get this new stem adaptor ?

Any tips on what to change or improve on those frames for those who tried to improve them ..

Thank you

I bought the stem adapter directly from Felt. The frame is top notch so I don't see any way to modify them. What were you think about in particular?
Quote Reply
Shiv Fuelselage on Felt IA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I need some help fitting the Specialized fuelselage in the IA.

I've seen some photos of people being able to fit it both inside the calpack and cutting out the bottom for the fuelselage to enter the frame and some who attach the fuelselage on top of the rubber of the Calpack, user davews09.

I've bought the XS/S size Specialized shiv fuelselage but find it very difficult to fit it down the frame tube. Any tips n' tricks on how to make it work will be hugely appreciated :)

Cheers
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking to get lower in the front of my IA as I'm already as low as I can get.

Will the stem offered on the felt website allow me to do that?

I dont have an aero bar sponsorship or anything like that I just want to get lower.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave,
Question on the IA Pads... Is there a way to make just the pads wider (I already have them on the outside holes on the backet, and the inside holes on the pad).

I had hoped to try to use the zipp pad wing extensions but seems like they don't fit. Are the IA pads not a standard size? (and does that mean I can't replace the IA pads with another manufacturer's pads?)
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm unclear. Can you send me a photo?

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry for not being clear.

It seems like Im as far over as I can get (while keeping the bars in the narrow position... which is around 4 inches apart). I get that I can move the entire set of bars to the outside (but then the bars are about 7 inches apart).

Im trying to find a way to keep the bars in the narrow position, but add another 1 cm or so on each side.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=450C2A83DCCA756C!6680&authkey=!ADxAqfHuafQRvcs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

From what i can tell the mounting holes for the adjustment holes are 15mm apart, which is too close to use something like the zipp padwing extensions (to go wider)... any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile Design makes a pad-bracket mount that is part of the T2+ Aerobar hardware. Like the IA mount, it mounts directly to a 22.2mm extension, but unlike the IA, it allows wider elbow pad width. You'll probably have to use the Profile elbow pad along with the bracket. I'm doubting the IA pads will fit the bolt holes.

dcohen24 wrote:
sorry for not being clear.

It seems like Im as far over as I can get (while keeping the bars in the narrow position... which is around 4 inches apart). I get that I can move the entire set of bars to the outside (but then the bars are about 7 inches apart).

Im trying to find a way to keep the bars in the narrow position, but add another 1 cm or so on each side.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=450C2A83DCCA756C!6680&authkey=!ADxAqfHuafQRvcs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

From what i can tell the mounting holes for the adjustment holes are 15mm apart, which is too close to use something like the zipp padwing extensions (to go wider)... any other ideas?

Kirk and Charity
IBB Cyclery & Multisport - Fitting and Custom Spec Build Experts
Brands: Argon 18 - Cervelo - Orbea -
Quintana Roo
- 3T - Enve - Rotor - ISM - Schwalbe - I9 - Speedplay - Lake - Infinit - Zipp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Profile suggestion is a good one. Or just mount the arm rests to the outer holes and leave the extensions on the inner mounting holes.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem. I use the armpad holder and armpads from the trek sc gen1. Part number 420492 and 420488. Center to center i have a armpad width of 24 cm.

Regards,

Jeroen
Tri -Run

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [mstyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Mstyer for posting the you tube thread on the 3t seat post. I had my IA seat post apart many times trying to figure out how to drop the nose just a little from level. Others looked at it, still no solution. A gear with in a gear with in a gear, I thought it was an over kill, But after seeing the video I finally got it. One thing for sure the nose of the saddle will never drop if you hit something, THANKS
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Brezza vs original dagger base bar [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DatoMakin:

I have a question about your aerobar set up with the dagger stem you ordered from the Felt website. How much lower were you able to get up front?

I currently have my pads right against the Felt basebar and the extensions mounted below the basebar but still, I would like to get lower in the front to improve my overall postion.

With you having the dagger stem in hand and on your bike, in your opinion would it allow one to get lower in the front?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Brezza vs original dagger base bar [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
DatoMakin:

I have a question about your aerobar set up with the dagger stem you ordered from the Felt website. How much lower were you able to get up front?

I currently have my pads right against the Felt basebar and the extensions mounted below the basebar but still, I would like to get lower in the front to improve my overall postion.

With you having the dagger stem in hand and on your bike, in your opinion would it allow one to get lower in the front?

Thanks in advance.

I never used the normal set-up since I wanted to keep my Pro Missile aerobars. However, I'm almost sure you will be able to get lower with the dagger stem adapter. Also because you could get a very low stack aerobar to pair with it. It will never be a very big difference though. I could snap a picture of the stock stem angle next to the dagger stem adapter tonight if you want. The stem adapter is -16 degrees by the way...
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [hirochan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get a reply on this or is there another thread with final details about packing? I've found several questions but no final answer (specifically interested in bikboxalan packing for felt ia). Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [Freddie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I gave it up.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Brezza vs original dagger base bar [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, a pic of the stock stem angle vs the dagger stem would be really helpful.

I love the bike, but simply think I could go faster if I got a bit lower in the front end.

I like the idea of a lower profile aero bar. Maybe that with the dagger stem can get me what I am looking for the front end of my IA.

Thanks in advance for taking and hosting those pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Brezza vs original dagger base bar [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I couldn't take a decent pic but I noticed that the difference would be very minimal. You would get a bigger reach since the stem is longer than the standard but the stack will barely change. Did you consider changing to shorter cranks so you can raise the saddle and get a more aggressive fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave,

How much weight difference is there between an IA 1 and the FRD in a 58cm? Also if you happen to know, between a IA 1 58cm and a XL Shiv? I am not much of a weight weenie but thinking about IM Muskoka and have Shiv with Di2 now. The IA 3 would have to be lighter, pounds maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [gtstang02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone share what bolts/ spacers go where to mount extensions under base bar? Under bar mounting not in the manual....

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave,
I'm mounting my race wheels last night and realized that my front wheel is SLIGHTLY wider than my training wheels, as in, they won't turn at all with the new brake pads mounted. Trying to figure out how to adjust the brakes width without totally jacking them up. I don't see a simple barrel adjuster like typical bike setups, so hopefully this is an easy explanation over the wire here? How can I make my front brakes wider? For that matter, my rear brakes seem okay, but I'd be curious how to adjust those as well in case I ever run into the need. The disc seems to mount fine though. The 808 FC CC is just a tad wider than my 101 aluminum wide rim.

Thanks,
Texan
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave,
I "think" i figured it out by adjusting the 2 outside screws and widen the brake pads as far out as possible. Then I had to loosen the mount screw from the other side of the fork to shift the balance as it was too far to one side.

Also, I finally have her race ready for this weekend. Thought I'd share since I love MaskedRider so much!

Texan

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a beautiful bike!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
2014 Felt IA FRD [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SD (or anyone else with info), I cant find any info on actual quality of the cockpit vs other options. I am in the process of purchasing an IA3 and previously rode a DA with the 3t Brezzas. What can I expect in terms of differences. Any pros/cons?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [RobbMaxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RobbMaxx wrote:
SD (or anyone else with info), I cant find any info on actual quality of the cockpit vs other options. I am in the process of purchasing an IA3 and previously rode a DA with the 3t Brezzas. What can I expect in terms of differences. Any pros/cons?

Thanks in advance

The IA bar is probably faster than the Brezza. Also more adjustable.
Quote Reply
Etubes length [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
I am in the process of building a new bike based on a frame IA 1
I am looking for the right e-tubes cables length for a DI2 installation (based on what FELT suggested in their manual)
5 port junction port near the brakes ....

Edit : size 56

If any1 has the setup done already I d appreciate the infos
Thank You
Last edited by: scattergold: Apr 28, 15 4:49
Quote Reply
Re: Etubes length [scattergold] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scattergold wrote:
Hello
I am in the process of building a new bike based on a frame IA 1
I am looking for the right e-tubes cables length for a DI2 installation (based on what FELT suggested in their manual)
5 port junction port near the brakes ....

If any1 has the setup done already I d appreciate the infos
Thank You

What size frame?
Quote Reply

Prev Next