Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right said fred - why do we even compete? well done.
but, to answer my own question - sometimes just to get on the podium
you spin me wright round, baby fred, wright round....

c'mon politt - i've been backing you for weeks now!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:

mvdp in such a good spot with the way alpecin manages these races. i didn't pick him, but this scenario is what i'd envisioned. he's got the best sprinter and a strong helper as foils, and the group is tiny already.

This is truly teeing MvdP up. Kung has to work, Mads has to work, Pollit has to work. MvdP is fresh.

Who can follow when MvdP explodes?
Impressive tail gunning from Soren V of Uno X.
Philipsen is an assassin.
Last edited by: McNulty: Apr 7, 24 6:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same thing I am thinking - he is having a free ride... when he attacks the race is going to be over

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
right said fred - why do we even compete? well done.
but, to answer my own question - sometimes just to get on the podium
you spin me wright round, baby fred, wright round....

c'mon politt - i've been backing you for weeks now!

I like the music reference. Wouldn’t have gotten it had it not been for a German TV show that featured the song.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Paris Roubaix
Van der Poel, Pedersen, Philipsen
Politt, Kung

Edited to add ... ahh, crap, I swear I didn't see echappist's picks before i came up with mine.

It’s all good :)
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man Tiz is really letting me down today....
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hammer dropped. Though a ~60 km solo is quite daring. I think FC in 2010 and Boonen in 2012 were from that distance.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His body language looks more resolute than even Flanders, and he’s absolutely flying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It hasn't always been the case, but Mathieu seems to do amazingly well at staying puncture free. He just floats across everything.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
race over?

yikes, dude looks posed

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed. His minions are protecting his lead well, and now the team car is allowed into the gap.

I should go back to sleep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yikes. it's down to lady luck now. but lady luck has thrown some cruel punches (Yves Lampaert a few years ago/Wout last year/ et cetera).
i wish mads could be more prudent with his efforts, but to some degree his hand has been forced.
mads and philipsen might be the only guys left thinking about the win instead of 'just' the podium.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He put :30 on them in 3k secteur 11. Meantime, guys from behind attack because… they’re going to bridge up solo?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Man Tiz is really letting me down today....

Funny, I haven't had a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, if Wout is able to regroup and somehow win Olympics or World's, this may have ended up an OK year. Cause Mathieu was just untouchable. Full Stop.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
looked like he was looking left just as he went went into barrier

Yeah that seems like something you'd learn pretty early on, keep your eyes looking ahead, you don't need to turn and look at someone to talk to them, especially through a corner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lady (bad) Luck - George Hincappie, 2006

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was a Pithie, he was looking so good up there.

Baring catastrophe, this will be 4 Monuments and 3 World Championships in less than 20 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trivia:
Lots of guys do the Ronde-Roubaix double, but not many do it in the WC jersey. The last was Boonen in 2005.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
That was a Pithie, he was looking so good up there.

Baring catastrophe, this will be 4 Monuments and 3 World Championships in less than 20 months.

So good.

Regarding VDP, I just saw some beer thrown again on the cobbles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Boonen had a 75-90 second gap in 2012. MvdP is now above 2:30.

Would you know who had a winning margin similar to MvdP’s in the past 20 yrs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From Cyclingnews feed

Van der Poel's lead is growing again. It's over 2-30 now - maybe Museeuw's 3-04 will be under threat after all.

For context, when Dylan van Baarle pulled-off his huge win in 2022, the winning margin was 1-47. And that was the biggest for 12 years when, Fabian Cancellara won by exactly 2 minutes. This could be the biggest Paris-Roubaix victory for many years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
I think Boonen had a 75-90 second gap in 2012. MvdP is now above 2:30.

Would you know who had a winning margin similar to MvdP’s in the past 20 yrs?

Magnus B?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where can I watch the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was wondering if anyone had done the double as WC.

Looks like ADC will put 3 guys in top 10, and bagged 3 Monuments in a row. They’ve become the spring classics juggernaut.
Quote Reply

Prev Next