Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Disconcerting about what the other team's mechanics mentioned...
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love watching JuanPe boss around the front of the race like a big boss. He has some character.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah he was quite animated ! All 130 lbs of him
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
yeah he was quite animated ! All 130 lbs of him

El Pequeno Jefe
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha

LBL
Pog, Pidcock, Skjelmose
Theuns, Santi B

edit: weather updates.

Pog, Pidcock, Benoot
Matt vdP, Scruff
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Apr 20, 24 20:15
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get a read on the weather before making the Liege picks.
Fleche looked wretched. The forecast I've seen for L-B-L isn't a whole lot better.
I have a sense that Tadej and MvdP are in it for the long haul. I suspect those dudes are pretty serious about their monument counts.
are the other contenders in it for maybe only 1 spot on the podium?
what if Tadej does a big 3 (big 2?) and lights up from 50-60k out? How long are folks going to ride for a podium place?
i'm thinking on it.... ahhh screw it.... it's a bit of crap shoot anyway - when you get cold the lights can go out any second.

Pogacar/Bernal/Teuns // Felix G/Skujins .... rolling the dice!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog, Formolo, MvdP
Carapaz, Johannessen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
haha

LBL
Pog, Pidcock, Skjelmose
Teuns, Santi B

While i hope to be wrong on this, he looked so shaken (quite literally) that i doubt he could recover in time.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LBL:

Pogacar/Hirschi/Van der Poel/Pidcock/Tuens

good to see Bernal on the start list!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Last edited by: Mike Plumb: Apr 19, 24 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
likes_bikes wrote:
haha

LBL
Pog, Pidcock, Skjelmose
Teuns, Santi B

While i hope to be wrong on this, he looked so shaken (quite literally) that i doubt he could recover in time.

You are probably right. I'm going to monitor anything from him and this weather and I reserve the right to change to another rider who also won't score for me. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes-bikes - just bc Skjelly won't score for me - that doesn't have any effect on him coming through for you (though I might hold it against both of you!).
If Skjelly doesn't freeze out (big if for lots of these dudes), he is as tough as nails.
i think my skin and bones risky pick is Bernal, but after he's been through what's 6.5 hours in cold rain for a Liege podium?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So many top guys bailed on Wednesday, the bet is that they're serious and locked in on Sunday.
Waiting for Gaudu is one of those guys. Blastov. Rocky. Etc.
Gotta believe the car guys were saying sit up, get warm, long day on Sunday with the old lady.
But just as many others kept riding, like the Paz and Boots. And all of Uno X but it was a bluebird day for those Scandinavian guys. Who shows up? Besides the two Secretariat.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LBL:
Pogacar, MvDP, Pidcock
Teuns, Carapaz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather looks like it going to be miserable. Going in with fresh bodies across the board.

Pog, the other Wout (who was a nifty 6th in the Alps), Bernal
MvdP, Gall
Last edited by: WannaB: Apr 20, 24 0:11
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ferris, Pidcock, MvP
Williams, Buitrago
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog, MdVP, Piddles
Carapaz, Skjelmose

N'doma, Vollering, ELB
van Anrooij, Georgi
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog
MvDP
Rocky

Bardet
The Paz
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to pick Skjelly, but he looked on deaths door last weekend, and it looks cold again tomorrow.

Pog, Piddles, MvdP
Van Gils, the Paz
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lbl

pogacar/pidcok/teuns

benoot/hermans
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBL Picks

Pog, VdP, Skjelmoose
Buitrago, Tuens

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@marcag - I bet most of us would be willing to play inside ball if Theuns, Williams and Co wanna drop us hints. Bennett, Clarke, Fuglsang, Gee and Schultz too? That is a stacked team ready to win. :) Just a joke.

Also, while I'm wondering out loud about Bennett, where did the Social Distance Podcast go?
Last edited by: likes_bikes: Apr 20, 24 20:27
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liege Bastogne Liege;
Pogacar, Pidcock, Van Gils
van der Poel, Gaudu
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pogacar, Pidcock, Hirschi
MvdP Healy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The carnage continues. For all of the great things happening and exciting new heights being achieved, this sport is getting tougher to watch at points.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
@marcag - I bet most of us would be willing to play inside ball if Theuns, Williams and Co wanna drop us hints. Bennett, Clarke, Fuglsang, Gee and Schultz too? That is a stacked team ready to win. :) Just a joke.

Also, while I'm wondering out loud about Bennett, where did the Social Distance Podcast go?

Well, I think they have been told to ride hard because there is a massive VIP contingent at the race. Just kidding. Well kind of.....
But on a serious note they took MY DESIGNATED bike for some VIP. I am shocked and outraged. They wanted me to use some random riders bike to do my tests this week. Scandalous !
Quote Reply

Prev Next