Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Chris@Polar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi.
what exactly do you mean "improvements to the bluetooth/5khz selection" .. what exactly has been done here?
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just updated. As always all my watch settings (alarm, tap sensitivity etc.) were lost :(((.
Please make them stay. It's counterintuitive. Also it's strange that I have to make some settings in Flow and some others in the watch itself.
If Flow is required we should be able to set everything there.

Now one more thing: you can set tap sensitivity for each sport profile you set in Flow but only in the watch, not in Flow. Awesome.
Last edited by: grzeg1: Sep 30, 14 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [grzeg1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUG: Lap info is missing from all trainings after upgrade.
Tried to sync again. It took forever....
No joy.
Last edited by: grzeg1: Sep 30, 14 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's strange cause my alarm and tap sensitivity remained how I had them after the update.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my tap settings remained .. but the clock face (which i had set to analog) had been lost and was back to the default of digital with date...
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [epsomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tap settings revert to normal tap so if you had them at normal you won't notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only undesirable thing I've noticed since the update is that now when I connect the watch via USB it just hangs on "Syncing sport profiles". I've switched between my Mac and PC, did a reset on the watch, and cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol but still get the same results. Is it possible that something is going on with the Flow web service?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something is definitely going on with Flow. If you try to edit a sport profile it takes ages too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine finally (after about 30 minutes) synced up. I will agree though, that editing the sport profiles through the web interface is taking quite a bit longer than it normally does. I eventually got mine setup, synced and just tested them on the trainer and things are working as expected. It's REALLY nice to see power data on the watch... hopefully this will allow me to say goodbye to my Garmin.

**To note that once it synced my alarm, watch face, tap settings were reset. Guess I was eventually caught by the same thing everyone else was.**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grzeg1 wrote:
Something is definitely going on with Flow. If you try to edit a sport profile it takes ages too.

For sure.. We're seeing some speed abnormalities as well - may be contributed to the high server volume, but can't comment on it officially until I get an update from the technical team(s). So sorry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What can the V800 do for me in the gym - besides running?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [frozenchosen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately it won't run for you. ;)
But it can monitor your heart rate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The heart rate is from the chest strap thing, isn't it?

So that's it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
frozenchosen wrote:
What can the V800 do for me in the gym - besides running?

pick up chicks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that the V800 now supports power. How do we upgrade our Look Keo pedals to Bluetooth? I heard that if you already had pedals you were going to be able to upgrade for a small fee. Also how do we do intervals on the watch. I saw that this was included in the new update too. I like to do run/walk intervals as part of my training.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [IronMandie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a new option in Timers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
frozenchosen wrote:
The heart rate is from the chest strap thing, isn't it?

So that's it?
Seriously? Take a look at the feature list at the Polar site and see if there is something you like there. Also read the DCRainmaker's review.
Because your original question sounded as if we were pushing you to buy it. And believe me we were not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, my Stages PM doesn't want to play ball even after this update :(

That put a damper on my excitement...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get that it can tell me distance, cadence, heart rate with the chest strap. I know the shoe thing can do something with jumping. I was asking about the gym because I'm curious what it would tell me when I work out with weights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We launched a new website today, completely dedicated to improving communication on updates & developments in our new/next gen series of devices and applications.

Check it out here:

http://updates.polar.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, Chris. Been following this thread for a while and appreciate all of the progress you've been making. So, let me just ask it bluntly: why should I buy a v800 over the new 920xt? People who have invested in BLE sensors (or who plan to) will obviously be more interested in the v800. But what else? You must be ready for this question . . .Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [proftri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A nice thing to add to the V800 is to control the sound/vibration alerts. Customize them by telling the watch how many beeps/vibrations for different events. I think that would be nice :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one other question.
what is the roadmap for export of all exercises from polar-protrainer (windows fat client) to flow?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris,

I tested the power functionality last night and I think something is "off" where power measurement is concerned. My average watts from last night's ride was considerably higher than any other ride I've ever done. Now, I'd like to think that I've made some awesome gains where watts are concerned over the past few weeks but I doubt that's the actual case. Here's my example:

Ride on 9/30/14
Power Meter: PowerTap G3 w/ Bluetooth Cap
Distance: 29.57 miles
Average HR: 146 bpm
Average Speed: 19 mph
Average Watts: 282 (max of 1474)

https://flow.polar.com/...ng/analysis/29280337

Now I'd really like to have an average of 282 watts but I don't think that's the case especially since my most recent FTP test on Trainer Road was listed at 180 watts (using BT Cap for Power Tap). For comparison I raced a 70.3 less than 2 weeks ago and here are the stats from the bike leg in that race.

Ride on 9/20/14
Power Meter: PowerTap G3 w/ ANT+ Cap (Head unit was a Garmin Edge 500)
Distance: 55.38 miles
Average HR: 153 bpm
Average Speed: 19.7 mph
Average Watts: 131 (max of 658)

Some things I noticed during the ride yesterday:
  • I calibrated the power meter at the beginning of the ride but quite often during the course of the ride my v800 would say that the power meter needed to be calibrated. I have never run into this issue using my Garmin 500 or my iPhone with the Wahoo Fitness app or PowerTap app. (which all generally read the same power output).

To me this seems to be a calibration issue within the v800 but I could be wrong.

Other things I've noticed post ride:
  • In the Flow web interface I don't see a place to show power on the graph where you have altitude, cadence, HR, speed etc... I think that would be useful.
  • When I exported the ride from 9/30/14 it erred out when attempting to upload to Training Peaks. I was able to upload the same ride to Strava but the power data didn't seem to import/import correctly because my power data there shows to be estimated not actual.

I also have a suggestion as far as the sport profiles configuration as well:
  • I'd like the ability to have a 3s, 5s, 10s, option to display the power read out. I normally ride on 3s or 5s to keep the data smoother etc... I'm pretty sure most here with power would agree with me on that.

Thanks for the support thus far.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Polar has started a website with updates info, including coming features. http://updates.polar.com/tag/polar-v800/

example:
Quote:
Swimming metrics for indoor swimming will be released end of October 2014, and the outdoor swimming function will be introduced early 2015.
Quote Reply

Prev Next