Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [mecrtp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i had also thought it was the "tap" function.. but i checked that today as well... my "tap" function is to show me a new screen...
in response to the other question.. i actually have it on my wrist as well..
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [epsomd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if something is wrong with your device. I ride rough trails and don't have an issue... and I haven't done anything special that I know of to my settings. I am wearing my V800 on my wrist. I use a Viiiiva HRM which is also translating my ANT+ speed/cadence sensor (and someday my power). Nothing special that I am aware of.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [Chris@Polar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris

Ive had to send in my v800 for repair or replacement last week. I've experienced problems charging and gps syncing. Are there any plans to cover the charging port?

What's the usual time for return, I'd hate to lose out for the entire fall racing season.

Thanks b
Last edited by: AEOLUS95: Sep 18, 14 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ReTrieD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the firmware is updatable by you through Flowsync. All updates will come through that channel.

The rc3 gps was built on a platform that doesn't allow this.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AEOLUS95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@ AEOLUS95 - were the charging issues with the connection not being made to charge / sync? I've recently started having issues with it not working unless I squeeze the charging clip onto the V800. I've cleaned and checked the port on the back of the watch, and don't see anything amiss with the charging cable.
I've had mine since the start of June.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [activeDAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ActiveDAD
That is exactly how my issues started. I was able to tape the ends together to get the charging clamp to hold the charging, however that lasted only 2 charges. I also cleaned the leads as you indicated, but eventually I had to send it in for repair.

My watch was from the pre-order group, so roughly the same time as yours sounds like.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [activeDAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more update, just got off the phone with Polar, looks like they are replacing the unit(Thank you!) because there was corrosion on the ring of the charging port. They recommended to clean the port with a qtip after each use.

I must say Polar Customer service has always been top notch, whether from ST or through the website.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [AEOLUS95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to see a training target that allows us to include a transition phase. I am currently on a program that involves at least one (some weeks 2), Bike to transition to run sessions. They are all HR based sessions but at present there does not appear to be an option in training target sport selection for this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Polar Flow and my V800 just updated but it didn’t say what was being updated. Any idea what was changed/updated specifically?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [DextrosePLZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question regarding phased training: there are some plans to enhance phased training in v1.2. Will it include free HR range? Now it's only possible to choose a specific zone. Lately my coach said: run 30 minutes at threshold pace. So I'd like the watch to lock between 160-165 bpm. Of course I could mess with the zones but this would break recovery, analysis etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [grzeg1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am a new user but I am following this forum and especially this thread for a while now but can't find an answer to a problem I have with my V800.

On the flow website I made some sportprofiles next to the standard profiles (for example strenght training and indoor cycling). When I sync these profiles with my V800 they are on the watch and I can use them. However after doing an activity (doesn't matter which sportprofile) all the sportprofiles on my V800 are reset to the standard (Run, Bike, Swim, Triathlon, Free multisport) and my strenght training and indoor profiles are gone.

Anyone else has this problem? And knows how to solve it? Would be great!

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It said the September Flow Release would add GPX export, however my Flow updated and there's no export. So there's going to be a second Flow update in September? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [GatorDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GatorDeb wrote:
It said the September Flow Release would add GPX export, however my Flow updated and there's no export. So there's going to be a second Flow update in September? Thanks!

The September Flow release that will bring gpx export will also add power metrics support, so it will be timed with the next V800 firmware release I imagine (end Sept/beginning of Oct)

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/09/behind-scenes-polar.html#september-flow-release
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [rooster_russ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rooster_russ wrote:
GatorDeb wrote:

The September Flow release that will bring gpx export will also add power metrics support, so it will be timed with the next V800 firmware release I imagine (end Sept/beginning of Oct)

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/09/behind-scenes-polar.html#september-flow-release

Thanks! Almost here! Can't wait to have my stuff in Training Peaks again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorDeb wrote:
rooster_russ wrote:
GatorDeb wrote:

Thanks! Almost here! Can't wait to have my stuff in Training Peaks again

Well, if you can't wait you can always start downloading stuff already: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/tools

I use Bipolar most of the time now (works with usb cable sync to pc), then manually upload .tcx to Strava (then use https://tapiriik.com/ to sync a few other other services). If I've already got the file in Flow, and didn't use Bipolar (e.g. synced via iPad) then http://flowexport.callcenter.pl/flowexport/ has also come in very handy :o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GatorDeb wrote:

Correct - although we've communicated on the "bigger" updates, small updates happen with more frequency =)

On the PM support side, we're getting very close. Final rounds of testing - and my V800 personally is working flawlessly with Keo Power. Love it.

Also a side note: We're announcing a new device tomorrow.. It's not for triathlon per say, but cool nonetheless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris@Polar wrote:
GatorDeb wrote:

Correct - although we've communicated on the "bigger" updates, small updates happen with more frequency =)

On the PM support side, we're getting very close. Final rounds of testing - and my V800 personally is working flawlessly with Keo Power. Love it.

Also a side note: We're announcing a new device tomorrow.. It's not for triathlon per say, but cool nonetheless.

Without meaning to sound "Tongue in cheek" Chris and not wanting to simply rant but will the new device be in as incomplete state at the time of release as the V800, i.e. base functionality only with a series of updates throughout the lifecycle ??
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [bagggers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if it's the M400 (basically a lower cost V800 without swimming or GymLink) then it should be in the same state as the current V800, since the firmware should be about the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar V800 - Ask me anything [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sathomasga wrote:
Well, if it's the M400 (basically a lower cost V800 without swimming or GymLink) then it should be in the same state as the current V800, since the firmware should be about the same.

Unfortunately thats also an accurate description of the V800 at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9/25 Update to Flow Web - Main feature update is allowing export.

The user may select to export the route in GPX format, or training session with key training data like route, heart rate, calories and cadence in TCX format. Both of these formats are widely supported in 3rd party services.

The update also provides some bug fixes, UX enhancements and a new notification tool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you elaborate on the new notifications tool Chris ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Export into TP tested = Success.

Also been some overall updates online...
Last edited by: Tony5: Sep 25, 14 6:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great! I see that the elevation issue in Flow has been resolved too. My only question is how can we export multi-sport/Triathlon data? I did a 70.3 this past weekend and I don't see any method to extract the whole file or even the individual legs. Will that come in a future update?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bagggers wrote:
Can you elaborate on the new notifications tool Chris ?

It's a notification tool in the site that allows us/me the opportunity to communicate better with users on updates, bugs, improvements...etc.. It isn't necessarily a feature update, but more so a big step for us to better the communication =)
Quote Reply

Prev Next