Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [hammondc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll love it! Throw a TriRig Omega brake on the front and you're in business!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [RobRich20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I have a 2011 SC 7 and recently noticed my seat had dropped. I have had to readjust it after every ride since. I know they had problems in the past. Do I need to pick up carbon paste? Should the adjustment screw be replaced?

Thanks in advance Bill
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bhurley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're the original owner and your seat post wedge is marked 11am then you can get a warranty replacement part# w311236. Regardless of which wedge you have, your post may be damaged from overclamping, at which point no amount of tightening or a new wedge will prevent slipping. Remove your post and lay the leading edge along a flat surface...if you can see a thin arc of daylight in the region where you've been clamping and slipping then your post needs to be replaced.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl....
I'm thinking of getting a new Speed Concept. I have a first gen size XL. The length of the frame is perfect, but I am as low as I can get on it now. Can I get lower on a 2nd gen SC in size XL than the first gen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
I am the original owner and the wedge says Max Torque 11 nm. I took the post out and don't see any daylight when I lay the leading edge on a flat surface. What is my next step.

Thanks Bill
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bhurley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bring the old seat post wedge to your Trek dealer so they can order the warranty replacement.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help Carl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl I was wondering if there is anymore info on the two pack aero release date? I see now has a part number and listing on bontragers online store. just wondering when or if we'lol see them.

Thanks
Edward
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ironfox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have been shipping...in very limited quantities...for a month or so. When they'll show up at any given warehouse I gave no insight into. I didn't even know they were shipping until one showed up in a thread here.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A really quick question, having done a search for this but not found anything obvious - has anyone run Osymetric rings on an SC with DI2? Specifically the 56T version? Mine is in the LBS and they reckon they can't get the mech to fit as it won't brace against the frame with the Osymetric-supplied hanger wedge...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [frogman82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my search found this... http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5018723#5018723 ...which may support your LBS's findings.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. My LBS reckons the 54 would fit as it happens... I really hope I can get the 56 on - don't think a 53-11 will be sufficient.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to try to get a bit lower on my gen 1 SC 7, but my stem is already slammed. I'm a size large for the reach and everything else, but my legs aren't super long. Has anyone else replaced their stem to get lower? Finding 1 inch steerer stems isn't as easy as 1-1/8 steerer stems.

As a side note, I wanted to try to slip a cable hanger under my stem for my center pull front brake. Would an angled stem interfere with the cable routing?

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Red X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just get a 1" shim for the 1 1/8.

Depends on the angle of the stem, but "probably" not.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [frogman82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frogman82 wrote:
A really quick question, having done a search for this but not found anything obvious - has anyone run Osymetric rings on an SC with DI2? Specifically the 56T version? Mine is in the LBS and they reckon they can't get the mech to fit as it won't brace against the frame with the Osymetric-supplied hanger wedge...

To get a 56 to fit on my old Planet X required some surgery even using the largest shim. Since the SC's FD hanger is braze on and studded you can't move it to get more height, but you could *carefully* mill out a few more mm of space where you mount the derailleur. Then if that isn't gory enough for you, you can shave part of the FD the get extra clearance. Not guaranteeing that would get you there, but if it's close now, those two things could make it work. Whether you want to modify the frame or FD is another story.

Probably should just run the 54. ;)

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking through this and other threads, wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to make the external Di2 battery more aero

(I have a 2012 SC 9)

e.g., some kind of cover, or mounting it elsewhere ... or if you switched to the internal battery?

Looking at mine, this seems to be the one 'un-aero' wart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I saw you helped someone with an older speed concept and hoped you might be able to help me out.
I bought a 2013 SC 7.5 frame from a buddy to build up and it is currently setup for shimano cranks. I have a SRAM red GXP crank that I would like to use.

My understanding is that I need a different size bearing for one side, do you now the part numbers that I would need to order? Is this something I'll need a special tool to do or something my LBS should do?

Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewbiez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy-

The GXP BB86 kit for 1st generation 7-series SCs is part# 419620 from your Trek dealer. That includes the cups&bearings for both sides...to my knowledge the non-drive press-fit cup&bearing isn't sold separately.

It's not a hard change to make, but it does go better with the right set of tools...I'd much rather do it with a BB bearing remover and a bearing press than any of the many DIY workaround methods.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which stem do you have? And which Di2 control unit? There are definitely options for the stems with some volume, and the older control units (7970)

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippyKitten wrote:
Which stem do you have? And which Di2 control unit? There are definitely options for the stems with some volume, and the older control units (7970)

Not sure which Di2 unit but I think it's the 7970. It's from 2012 (and 10sp) so definitely not the newer one.

stem is, I believe the 100mm, 0-degree. Like in this pic (not my bike). Definitely interested in options for more aero battery solution.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awfully sorry, completely misread your post.

It's easy to hide the control unit in the stem (which you may have already done). I've not come up with a way to hide the battery. It's unlikely to make much difference hiding it apart from aesthetics. If I was, I would probably make a fairing of some form like the one you can fit on the second generation.

One thing I have considered is filling in between the 2 mounting studs with filler and repainting.

Last edited by: SkippyKitten: Aug 12, 15 12:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info!

Where do the generations change?
I thought the frame I bought was Gen2 since its different than the ones before.

Is this frame gen1?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mid 2014 for the second gen. The original 7 series has a different front end (more conventional) compared to the 9. Still very aero! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yup, that's a 1st generation 7-series.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for clearing it up! Makes my searching a lot easier lol, you guys rock!
Quote Reply

Prev Next