Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl, I upgraded my 2014 SC 7.5 to di2. Do you know if there is a cable/housing stop for the RD that will work with E Tubes? Right now the one I have only seems to work with mecahanical housing. The manual looks like it refers to kit 437032. Does that come with anything di2 specific?
Thanks again for all the help that you provide on here.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that kit has no Di2-specific parts.

W317292 is what you're after, from your Trek dealer.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you purchase a 7.5 frame from Trek?

If so any idea what MSRP is?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jdirrrty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 7-series is not offered as a frameset, only the 9-series.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Didnt look like any of the Trek stores in the US that I looked up show that they carry it. All I could find where a couple places in the UK. Any idea where I could find it in the US, or should I just call a Trek store?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's unlikely to be in stock at any dealer since it's a rarely requested service part/kit...but any Trek dealer anywhere can order it.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm looking at ordering a project one speed concept but realised that it would be cheaper to buy a standard 7.5 and then upgrade parts myself!
$4,299.99 for a 7.5, $5,774.99 base price for a project one.
what i want is a 7.5 with Ui2 and race wheels but the $1500 i pay just to go P1 for as far as i can tell the same spec as the 7.5 will get me half way to the upgrades i want.
am i missing something or is this a ridiculous premium to be able to customise the build? P1 is a great idea but it just doesn't seem to work. trek are just hurting themselves (well me too) as i expect i will end up with zipp wheels rather than bontrager
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy the stock bike and Bontrager wheels. :)

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My P1 quote for my 7.5 was almost double the price of the stock bike and the only change I wanted was the paint colour - what's the deal with that??? Is it because I'm in NZ?

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most P1 customers aren't like you. P1 customers tend to want to change other things from their stock bike...like crank length (no extra charge), stem and monospacer sizes (no extra charge), mono-extension shape (no extra charge), and they prefer one of the other Select Series paint schemes (no extra charge) and they'd like to color coordinate their bar tape with that change (no extra charge)...add up the cost of those new parts and the labor to tear down and rebuild an off-the-shelf 7.5 to those specs and maybe they've ended up spending the same (or more) as they would getting it built that way the first time...but it won't be the color they wanted.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
picked up my new 7.5 a week or two ago after my bike fit. I added additional parts not stocked at my local store. What a great experience working with Trek Columbus (Dublin store). IF you need anything for a speed concept these guys will go the extra mile!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davecochrane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i'm in nz too (just working off us project one pricing at the moment though since the nz website won't even give you pricing - probably after i complained about the pricing being wrong when i bought my madone) but agree, we do get ripped off here even worse :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so what you're saying is that you charge so much more because you can as many customers are willing to pay it?
if people want to get a different colour scheme then charge them for that. if i want a standard frame that you can just grab off the shelf then why should i have to pay through the nose. even changing crank lengths or most other components like that doesn't seem like it should cost much of a premium - a bit extra for logistics but not quarter of the price! worth noting that i am looking to change the 2 biggest cost components so it should be worthwhile for me - what you're really saying is that it is all about colour.

"most p1 customers aren't like me" is quite clear - people like me aren't P1 customers, since it just doesn't work out cost effective.

i guess it is what it is, just a shame that what could be a great program to let your customers get exactly what they want, all from the factory, doesn't work out unless your standard models are really rubbish.
Last edited by: pk1: Jul 27, 15 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Radioactive Yellow was going to cost me $5000 more.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fact your buying plans don't mesh well with the value that Project One represents to other buyers has nothing to do with the quality of the stock bike on the floor.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry carl, wasn't implying that stock models are rubbish, more the opposite - in part it is because they are good that the P1 option is not practical
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the TrekWorld dealer show scheduled for next week, Aug 2-6 (?), any word on the streets as to any significant upgrades to the Speed Concept?

I'd love to see a SC 7.5 with Ultegra Di2 build version.
Last edited by: OkiTodd: Jul 27, 15 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [OkiTodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured I'd ask this here. Does anyone have problems with their Node 2.1/1.1 computer pairing with a Duotrap? I got it to pair once, but then I accidentally hit the top button and it disconnected. I cannot for the life of me get the things to pair again. The sensor is reading the magnets and the batteries are good. Any suggestions?

Register for Tri the Illini! Urbana-Champaign's premier sprint triathlon! Register here: http://www.fightingillinitriathlon.com/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

As days get shorter and I'm riding for longer around dusk, I'm looking at a brighter rear light, specifically the Bontrager Flare R.

Can you tell me if the silicone loop is stretchy enough to go around the seat post of my 2011 Speed Concept WSD?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great light, but I'm afraid it won't get around the old SC post. Just barely makes it around the new one.

If you have (or the shop has) the rear reflector band that should've come with the bike, you can pull the reflector off, disassemble the Flare mount, and bolt the flare receiver directly to the reflector mount as a workaround. I'm actually running that same style system on 2014 SC right now.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply :D

I don't have the rear reflector band, bike didn't come with it. I will see if my shop can order it.

Out of curiosity, would the Flare 3 light fit my seat post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt that reflector band is available separately. ..was hoping that you or the shop would have one lying around as a take-off from when the bike was sold.

Not familiar with the Flare seat post clamp, but suspect that's for round posts.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I did have it in my spare parts bin :( I will ask my local shop, but I live several hours away now from where I originally purchased the bike.

I will ask around, see what I can do. Thanks so much :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, no worries. Appreciate the clarification. P1 has evolved a fair amount over the years and will continue to do so. Feedback helps.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the past I've used narrow zip ties around the horizontal saddle rails as a mount for the belt clip type mount. I'm just about to try this with a Flare R on a Speed Concept as it happens.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next