Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mungerer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungerer wrote:
When I try to use a 25mm conti gp 4k 2s tire on the front I get rubbing at the top of the fork. It looks like others can get 25s in there. Maybe there is some adjustment or trick? My front wheel is a enve 6.7 so it's not the widest.

when I had 6.7s I could NOT use GP4ks in 25 either.. I use 7.8s now and turbo cotton 24
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I just got my Enve 7.8s yesterday. Picked it up at a really good price.

1) GP4k 25mm seems to JUST be able to clear the front fork but it looks like any dirt it's picking up is going to scrape the fork
2) The rear rim can't fit into the rear brake even at maximum stop limits. Did you guy have to file down your brake pads?
3) Also, can a 42mm tube/45mm extender or a 60mm tube/34mm extender combo prepared as a spare work for both front and back?

Was running Enve 6.7s with GP2k 23mm previously and had no issues at all. Sometimes I wonder if the trouble I go through to get a little faster is worth it....
Last edited by: shenglin: Jul 25, 18 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [shenglin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
could be small enough difference in the frame too. With GP I would bearly clear the fork, my contact point was with the cutout on the downtube.

I'm on small size frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi folks...can anyone using Zipp Vuka Aero bars tell me if the centre cap on the base bar fits over the P2P stem body?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update:

Managed to fit the 25mms on the 7.8s and onto my TM02 Size M-S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tight is it? Is there much clearance between the tire and downtube? I ask because I don’t want you to have happened what did with the current model.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Managed to snap a few photos. Tried my best to use a torch from the other side. Haven't brought the bike out for a spin yet. I'm relatively light (67kg) so I'm hoping the frame doesn't distort too much when I'm on it. In your experience, is this enough clearance?

1) Fork clearance

2) Downtube clearance

3) Rear cutout clearance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks close, I think BMC likes around 6mm, don’t worry about the rear..you have to worry more about the front under load.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your fork clearance looks awfully tight. I have a 2012 TM01. I run Enve System 8.9s with 23mm Conti 4000iis on both front and rear ... plenty of clearance. However, this month I raced the bike with HED Jet 6+s for better braking and used a 23mm front and 25mm rear. The latter was a tight fit and I had to adjust the centering tabs to make sure it was perfect but I had no rubbing during the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks too close. Would recommend Specialized S-Works Turbos, 700x24.
The ride is totally plush, esp at 80psi. Can't recommend them enough.
3rd fastest tire in this Velonews article after 2 other Specialized Tires.
https://www.velonews.com/...s-cycling-tires-fast
(too bad the graph image is now gone).
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will consider the turbo cottons then. How would you rate its durability against the GP4ks?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I`m in the picture.

2017 BMC timemachine w/ 155mm Cobb crankset

Last edited by: FaKaspar: Jul 31, 18 7:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shenglin wrote:
Will consider the turbo cottons then. How would you rate its durability against the GP4ks?

for me they have been better in all areas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how do the 7.8s compare to the 6.7's? Is it worth the upgrade?

also looks a bit tight on the front fork clearance, for me the tightest point is the screw holding the front break cover on. maybe taping the cover on will give an extra few mm of clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FaKaspar wrote:
Sorry I`m in the picture.

2017 BMC timemachine w/ 155mm Cobb crankset

Got the same bike, love it.

It will look better with race wheels! I've got 808/disc with black decals and it looks mean.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Zoom_zoom_Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can the new ones take part of it as well? :)

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I have a 2013 TMR01 with Ultegra Di2 and I was considering changing it to a tribike with aero bars, shifters and brakes. Has anyone had any experience with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [scriurus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scriurus wrote:
Hello,
I have a 2013 TMR01 with Ultegra Di2 and I was considering changing it to a tribike with aero bars, shifters and brakes. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I have the TM01 as well as the TMR02. The TMR02 is pretty flexible; you can certainly push the seat way forward to mimic the TT position of a tribike. I use it as a tri bike when my TM01 is packed up and shipped away for races. I use Hed clip-ons with regular road bars and put the seat in the forward-most bolt; I can get the reach to match the TM01.
I don't see any problem in using it as a tri bike. In fact, it's a little lighter and livelier based on my experience.

I also have a friend who flies out from the East Coast to do the Wildflower tri every May; he's rides my TMR02 and loves it.

Have fun!
Last edited by: twain: Oct 15, 18 13:19
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Considering to buy the new TM01 Disc.

Was comparing to other disc bikes, and just need a couple of clarifications before pulling the trigger.

1. Cockpit: does it always comes with the V-cockpit as a default and change to flat later? or the option to change to Flat Cockpit is when buying the initial set-up?
2. If flat cockpit is an "add-on", how much does it cost? any idea on availability?
3. Weight: anyone knows the weight of the frame + fork?
4. Recall: im assuming that the recall made earlier this year does not affect the new TM01 Disc... or am i wrong to assume?
5. Customer service: any feedback on handling and responde time? or is it based on LBS?
6. Anything else i might need to consider?

Any one has the new disc TM01? Any feedback? Images would be great too.

Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ARA18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a few to help with
1. You will have to special order the frameset with Flat Cockpit. If you were to order one online 99% of the time it will include the V setup. Talk to someone when ordering
2. The Flat setup cost me $399 and took about 14 days from order to shop to me.
3. Don’t know, I’m not worried about weight for a TT bike.
4. Correct, recall only affects non-Disc models.
5. BMC customer service will refer you to an authorized dealer, they won’t deal with you direct most times. When I had a crash replacement I stared with a dealer but BMC called me directly with some options which they then relayed to the shop I was dealing with.
6. I have the non disc version, I sized up to a Large from a ML on the 2016 TM01. Check and recheck your numbers. When you do their sizing tool for reach it’s reach from saddle not center of the BB. If you need the sizing document with all configurations of each cockpit send me a PM with your email and I can send it to you. You’ll plug in your current numbers and it formulates your BMC numbers. Mind you all measurements are from the rear saddle position.
Last edited by: mike s: Aug 9, 19 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great! Super detailed!

One more question... I see that the storage box in the back doesn’t fit exactly to the frame. Assuming this is because your frame is an L.

Do you know if this is the case for other sizes and if there is only one size where it actually fits properly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the MS and ML the top of the box is flush with the top tube, the Small it’s about an inch above. I hate the way the box looks on mine, just not a clean line...but oh well.
Last edited by: mike s: Oct 22, 18 3:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear all,

here is my TM01 incl. a bento box and a mount for PC8.

Cheers

Flo

Last edited by: Cesc: Oct 22, 18 3:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a new TM01 myself. Is the only way to charge the Di2 really to pull the battery out of that junction box behind the stem? It's a lot of undoing to get the battery out...
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s the only way I know..pretty big design flaw if you ask me
Quote Reply

Prev Next