Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone riding with HED Jet Black 6 on a 2012-2016 BMC TM01? If so, any issues with clearance and are you using 23mm or 25mm tires?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riding newer model Hed Jet 60/90/disc, 25mm rim width with Specialized 24mm S-Works turbos. No issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi BMC TimeMachine owners.

I have the latest TimeMachine (TM 01 Three 2018 - Black) and I have a question about installing the rear toolbox.

There are two slots at the rear of the bike in which you can install the seat post. It is also possible to install an integrated storage box in the rearmost slot if you choose to install the seat post in the furthest forward.

My seat post is currently set up in the furthest back, and I want to plug in the box. I attempted to bring the seat post forward but it's too long to fit in the frontmost slot. Do I need to buy a new seat post, or can I cut the one I already have?

Obviously I don't want to mess this up!

(The picture should hopefully illustrate what I'm trying to achieve).

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by: adamwaite: May 28, 18 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [adamwaite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can cut it, it should have come with a cutting tool for the proper angle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For all of you with the TM01 2016 or earlier. Where do you put your nutrition on the bike especially on long courses? I'm light on pocket space and am not quite sure I should go with a bento box or not. Do you put something between the aerobars? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [stubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stubs wrote:
Did you go with the BT DN110 internal battery? If so, how did you secure it in the seat tube?

Did you come up with a solution for this? I bought a secondhand di2 kit that already has the 110 battery and hadn't seen any shares in this thread of a good way to mount it in the 2012-2016 era Time Machines.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a couple wraps of bubble wrap and stuffed it up the front round part of the seat tube, never slipped for me
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
I used a couple wraps of bubble wrap and stuffed it up the front round part of the seat tube, never slipped for me

You're my kind of guy mike s. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [skittles15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skittles15 wrote:
For all of you with the TM01 2016 or earlier. Where do you put your nutrition on the bike especially on long courses? I'm light on pocket space and am not quite sure I should go with a bento box or not. Do you put something between the aerobars? Any ideas would be appreciated.

So generally I use liquid nutrition, in the past 2 fulls I've gone with trailwind but I've been experimenting with Gatorade endurance and then a supplemental gel or shot block every hour. I use a xlab torpedo for a between the arms setup with the nutrition in it. I'm currently working on mounting a second bottle underneath my BTA setup so I can grab bottles from the aid station and not need to wrestle with them going behind the saddle.

For training I put 2 bottles on the frame so I can go without stopping for nutrition or water. When I race I pull those cages and only go BTA, a aero bottle on the down tube, and one behind the saddle.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dangle,

I did go with the internal battery, there is a spot for it in the seatpost. I wasn't actually there when the guy installed the battery, but he said he just bought a $5 giant di2 battery holder and used that. I'm not sure exactly which one he used, but he said it was pretty straight forward. Google "giant battery holder for di2" and have a look at the images, you can probably figure out which one it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the follow up. That looks pretty slick. I just picked up the profile design version of that xlab and I"ll try it out on a quick 40 miler this weekend. I thought about pulling my downtube bottles for the race, do you gain much in aero when you do that? Also, have you shipped your bike? seems like this bike would be a PITA to reassemble at the race. I'm only doing local races until I can get it figured out entirely.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [skittles15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skittles15 wrote:
Thanks for the follow up. That looks pretty slick. I just picked up the profile design version of that xlab and I"ll try it out on a quick 40 miler this weekend. I thought about pulling my downtube bottles for the race, do you gain much in aero when you do that? Also, have you shipped your bike? seems like this bike would be a PITA to reassemble at the race. I'm only doing local races until I can get it figured out entirely.

I'm not sure on aero from the downtube. I just know that I have lost too many bottles from the behind the saddle holder in races that I'm done with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For all you owners out there. How do you ensure your rear wheel using the axle adjusters is straight? I'm just eyeballing it and it feels sluggish, almost as if it is off by a couple of mm's. Is there a surefire way to make sure what I'm doing is correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another question from me!

I have the BMC TimeMachine TM01 Three 2018 (latest).

The di2 battery (I think it's a Shimano E-tube SEIS Di2 Internal Battery) is located deep within the seat tube but I can't for the life of me work out how to charge it, or if it's a long life battery that even needs to be charged at all?

This weekend, in an attempt to charge the battery, I managed to remove it from the frame only to find that it hasn't a port to insert the supplied charger. It took me two hours of frustration trying to put the damn thing back inside after reconnecting the cable (will leave that to the experts in future).

Please can anyone help me? I'm racing IRONMAN Switzerland in 6 weeks and would hate for it to die on me!
Last edited by: adamwaite: Jun 19, 18 9:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like there is a junction box where the head tube/top tube meet; that's likely where you charge it.

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...sembly_Manual_EN.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't have to take the battery off, you can charge it from the junction box under the brake booster box.
if you turn the bike, you will find the Di2 junction box protected by a small screw setup.

in the below video, around minute 1:20, it shows how to do it much easier than having to play with the battery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFF_EA1f1M

Another cool trick that no one seems to know, at the right side if the frame under the brake boost, you will find a plug, if you remove it, it will give you direct access to the junction box so you can change the shifting type without having to remove it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Zakalunce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much! I have finally found it. I can't believe that I almost made a mess of the whole thing and it was so simple all along.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TM02 from 2015 has a completely corroded fork screw. Where can I find a replacement? Any suggestions?

Paulo Matos
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [pmatos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

Do you guys know the purpose of the black square plastic some sort of cover on the side of the head tube?
Can we route cables through?

photo credit to jonnylane22 - Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dhyrk3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried running enve 7.8s with 25mm gp4k on the older BMC frames? Have got a TM02 2016 frame.

Also are there any tubes with valve lengths long enough for this wheelset?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [shenglin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shenglin wrote:
Has anyone tried running enve 7.8s with 25mm gp4k on the older BMC frames? Have got a TM02 2016 frame.

Also are there any tubes with valve lengths long enough for this wheelset?

Yup, I have 7.8's on my 2016 TM01 on 25mm tubeless Hutchinson Fusions 5 tires, no problems at all (aside from one flat....).

If you plan on running clinchers, I am pretty sure that ENVE offers valve extenders for 7.8's as does Silca, who I think makes valves for ENVE.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dhyrk3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a rubber bumb stop. the fork goes in front of the frame, because of this at max turn the fork will hit the frame. this is to prevent damage to the frame. I wouldnt modify it or run cables through it. Cables should be ran through the hole in the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [drpleiades] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I try to use a 25mm conti gp 4k 2s tire on the front I get rubbing at the top of the fork. It looks like others can get 25s in there. Maybe there is some adjustment or trick? My front wheel is a enve 6.7 so it's not the widest.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [mungerer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungerer wrote:
When I try to use a 25mm conti gp 4k 2s tire on the front I get rubbing at the top of the fork. It looks like others can get 25s in there. Maybe there is some adjustment or trick? My front wheel is a enve 6.7 so it's not the widest.

Take it to your LBS, they should be able to adjust/widen that spot on the fork.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next