Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you read Dan's post in the Cervelo thread and meant to make this pink, well played.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Marlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new BMC TT looks amazing and good to know that BMC's daring to be different. I own 2 BMC bikes and am very amazed at the technology in the build behind it. Thumbs up BMC!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So has anyone been able to take the front fork of the TM01 and put it on the TM02? I am not sure if its even possible because the front between the two looks different on them but wasnt sure if anyone did it or know if its possible?

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is this holding up for you? What size frame did you do this on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Gang ! Spring is around the corner and my TM01 is Finished ( not all perfect but ready to Ride!).
What do you guy think about it?

The Components are:
Shimano 10speed Dura-Ace DI2
Rotor cranks 165
Power2max powermeter
Rotor noq chainrings 52/36
Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28 cassette
Fizik Tritone 6.5 Kium
Easton attack aero bars with Lizardskin Tape matching the paint job
Easton EC90 Carbon tubular front Wheel (55mm) for the moment with a Continental Competition 28mm Tubular Tyre
Easton EC90 TT Carbon Tubular rear Wheel (90mm) with a Continental Competition 22 mm Tubular Tyre
Pedals are the Exaustar E-pr2ckti
for storage of a have the Torhans VR Bottle fitted with co2 cartridge attached to a Lezyne Triger Drive. and a Vittoria Pit stop Tyre Sealant.

Last edited by: SamBern: Feb 20, 17 11:14
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [SamBern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks cool! You can drill a small hole in the Torhans mount and drop it all the way down the frame to make it fit more flush.

Happy riding!
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any BMC Timemachine 02 owners out there running Reynolds 72 wheels?
=> they're 26.2mm in width, somewhat afraid of clearance...

Cheers!
Sebastian
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [basti89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll have to move the brake caliper spacers around and shave the rear brake pads down for the wheels to fit
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [SamBern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SamBern wrote:
Hey Gang ! Spring is around the corner and my TM01 is Finished ( not all perfect but ready to Ride!).
What do you guy think about it?

The Components are:
Shimano 10speed Dura-Ace DI2
Rotor cranks 165
Power2max powermeter
Rotor noq chainrings 52/36
Shimano Dura-Ace 11-28 cassette
Fizik Tritone 6.5 Kium
Easton attack aero bars with Lizardskin Tape matching the paint job
Easton EC90 Carbon tubular front Wheel (55mm) for the moment with a Continental Competition 28mm Tubular Tyre
Easton EC90 TT Carbon Tubular rear Wheel (90mm) with a Continental Competition 22 mm Tubular Tyre
Pedals are the Exaustar E-pr2ckti
for storage of a have the Torhans VR Bottle fitted with co2 cartridge attached to a Lezyne Triger Drive. and a Vittoria Pit stop Tyre Sealant.

Nice looking ride! I just got my TM02 with Ultegra Di2. Stock bright orange so I feel the pressure to train harder to justify such a flashy color.

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [TexM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TexM wrote:
First TT ever. Only issue was the enve 6.7, front wheel with 25mm was rubbing on the underneath bolt. Had to change to 23mm tyres

We changed to 25mm vittoria corsa and no more rubbing for the front wheel 😃 My build was with Enve SES7.8
Last edited by: ryzy31: Feb 25, 17 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ryzy31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea the manufacture of the top tube box in the ads of the 2017 BMC TM?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ryzy31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryzy31 wrote:
TexM wrote:
First TT ever. Only issue was the enve 6.7, front wheel with 25mm was rubbing on the underneath bolt. Had to change to 23mm tyres

We changed to 25mm vittoria corsa and no more rubbing for the front wheel 😃 My build was with Enve SES7.8

probably a conti 25mm.. I can't run conti 25's either .
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am wondering if the new BMC "Quick Pad technology" where you can have two or more preassembled brake cartridge hardware sets will work on the existing BMC TM01. Looking at the diagram on the webpage it seems like it would.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if you have enough clearance for 25mm tires front and rear on a TM02 (2014 to be exact.)

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [stdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends what it actually measures. My rear race tire is a 25, measures 27.5mm and fits no problem in the rear. My front is a 23, measures 24.5mm and there's no clearance issues there. The frame is a 2014 TM02 as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried a 25 in the front?

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [stdogma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again, it matters what the "25" actually measures. If 24.5mm width doesn't even come close to being an problem for width or height then 25mm will be fine. I'll probably finish building my bike back up this weekend and can throw on a tire that measures 27mm wide to try and see how much taller it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it's the height the tire ends up being on the front.. it can be too high and touch the underside of the fork (plastic cover) or rub the curved portion of the down tube . I manage to run a 25c in the rear .. but 23c in the front.

Of course it depending on rim width and tires brands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No worries. I was just wondering if anyone had done it. I feel like the rear would be the only problem with the space. Thanks for the help!

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spntrxi, are you referring to the TM01 integrated fork?
Last edited by: dangle: Mar 1, 17 9:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I have a TM02

2020 Team Zoot MTN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:

For me yes.. 2014 TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
dangle wrote:

For me yes.. 2014 TM01

Thanks. There's not as much vertical clearance on those integrated forks compared to the TM02 forks.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [NChamberlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NChamberlin wrote:
I used heavy duty velcro to attach an Xlab Pocket 400 top tube bag. Original straps were cut off for a clean look.

Anyone have other bento solutions for the 2017 01 or 02? I'm looking for something on the top tube right behind the fork. Use for gels, salt pills and maybe a bar or two.

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 upgrades - Top tube bag [RudeDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello!
I was about to pull the trigger for the new BMC TM01 2017 ultegra di2, but:

A ) I reading a lot of sarcastic comments about the lack of innovation: it looks like a cervelo P5 or a Trek
B) is not anymore the best looking bike, that wired piece of aero plastics is really hard to digest...but maybe I have only to get used to.
C) do you think the disk brake will force BMC to upgrade again this bike in one year or two?

I'd love ti hear some of your thoughts about it
... so far I'm an happy owner of a Giant Trinity.
Quote Reply

Prev Next