Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [blue_tool_guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim Caple can be hit or miss, but he had a good send-up of P&P today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/...e_jim&id=5367105

"After watching the Stage 3 carnage on the cobblestones, I think the Tour de France directors should really have spiced things up by ending a stage in a major city during rush hour without closing off the road to traffic.

Phil Liggett: "Lance Armstrong is absolutely seething at this red light, Paul. He's so upset his yellow Livestrong band has turned purple."

Paul Sherwen: "It could not come at a worse possible moment. He had two minutes on Alberto Contador and Cadel Evans, but I'm afraid he's lost all that waiting for the light to change."

Liggett: "He is waiting impatiently, NOT turning the pedals in anger, while having a very heated discussion with the driver of the SUV who nearly drove him off the road. He's giving him the same look he gave Jan Ullrich on Alpe d'Huez. But at least Armstrong stopped at the red light. Mark Cavendish went through the intersection. Or more accurately, he got partway through the intersection."

Paul Sherwen: "Yes, the Man from the Isle of Man will definitely feel that tomorrow, Phil."

Liggett: "Still, we should have a very interesting finish, as long as the police have dispersed the striking transit workers on the Boulevard Jambon et Fromage."
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [aplohris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to hear "..is going backwards". Always happens on climbing stages.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [CharlesYTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today after Contador group crossed the finish..."This is the Tour de France and the crowd demands pain"

solid gold

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Today after Contador group crossed the finish..."This is the Tour de France and the crowd demands pain"

solid gold

You beat me to it.

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying to remember it exactly so I could post as well.... One of the best....I nearly fell over laughing out loud.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Argh, beat me to to it as well....THis could be the best one ever.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [FisH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phil on the giant dam they passed in stage 7 yesterday:

"Well, Paul, it'd certainly be a mess if someone pulled the plug at the bottom of that one, wouldn't it?"
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Near the 1k to go mark this AM, Ligget says...

"Look at Gesink! He is absolutely screwing himself now"

Referring to "turning the screws" or "working hard" but it just came out so so wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During todays stage at 3.2 miles to the finish.......Paul Sherwen: "Armstrong is a broken man in the Tour de France this year, Lady Luck slapped him in the face, I think, one to many times when he went down"

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [aplohris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the very beginning of stage 8 I am pretty sure he said something like . . .

"They are battling a real stiffy out there today!"

Referring to the wind.

http://tri-ingfatman.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [Picklepork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Sherwen today (about Luis Leon Sanchez, CSP)

"He's done, he's cooked, he's fried!! It's been a long day in the sun......but I hate to be the bringer of doom."

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We met PL at Vancouver airport after the winter Olys. He is an absolutely lovely man; every bit as nice as you'd expect him to be.

Mrs G66 told him, very enthusiastically "We love listening to your commentary! We're such huge fans!"

To which Mrs PL interjected dryly: "Well, somebody has to be."

I think he's kept pretty well grounded at home.

My fave is always "the Heads of State of the Tour de France", on a mountain stage, once the men have been sorted from the boys.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Phil and Paul are the best and I hope they are around for many more years. The Tour would not be the same without them.

You'll dig this trailer for the current film "Chasing Legends" by Gripped Films (totally limited release.....which kind of sucks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbv3N-qt2EI

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PS: The sprinter's seem to have a serious allergy. An allergy to mountain roads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You'll dig this trailer for the current film "Chasing Legends" by Gripped Films (totally limited release.....which kind of sucks)

Amazing! I have to get that dvd!!!! Thx for sharing!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 1:15, that calf muscle cramp is crazy to watch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the end of today's stage, they were commenting on the intensity of the climbs and how the fans were screaming at the riders to get to the top of the climb and finish. Phil says "this crowd demands pain." I thought that was fitting for this thread.

Jonathan
USA Triathlon Coach/Adventure Extraordinaire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Amazing! I have to get that dvd!!!! Thx for sharing!

It's a great movie. I saw it at one of the showings here in San Diego.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [JohnnyEndurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
At the end of today's stage, they were commenting on the intensity of the climbs and how the fans were screaming at the riders to get to the top of the climb and finish. Phil says "this crowd demands pain." I thought that was fitting for this thread.

Look up.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, damn. Sorry. Was an epic quote though =)

Jonathan
USA Triathlon Coach/Adventure Extraordinaire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Agreed. Phil and Paul are the best and I hope they are around for many more years. The Tour would not be the same without them.

I want that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
At 1:15, that calf muscle cramp is crazy to watch.

Yeah..... especially if you've had one like that before.

Which ties into my post in the "stupid things you've done mid-race" thread..... I've never drank Heed before, so I just won't drink anything on Run1 in my duathlon....... 15 minutes into the bike, let's watch the amazing twitching calf trick.... while standing by the side of the road watching everyone else go by :)

So, that was painful for me to watch that part of the trailer, lol!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Phil Liggett TDF Quote Thread.... [Picklepork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS: (Early in Stg 8) "It's a really important cheese...."

"Nevermind the blood. Hows my bike?..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had calf cramps on the bike before, but to see what it looks like is freaky. I imagine if I had a cramp like that, I would be done for the day!! I wonder if that dude kept riding and completed the stage…… jpflores might know since he saw the movie.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Paul Sherwen today (about Luis Leon Sanchez, CSP)

"He's done, he's cooked, he's fried!! It's been a long day in the sun......but I hate to be the bringer of doom."

That was after Phil had called Paul "The Voice of Doom" when PS had said someone's day was done [not Lance's, maybe Chavanel's time in yellow? I forget]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next