Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:

Quote:
As for the bitching/moaning here, we have a special name for days where people on ST bitch and whine about Kona slots/qualifying and celebrities: TODAY.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed again....

;-)

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [OnTheFly21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OnTheFly21 wrote:

Well I didnt see her name on the Participant List for Lake Placid 2012. Hmmm interesting.... Another race she'll get into by taking another spot.

Hopefully the spot she stole at IMLP is from someone that saw Julie Moss crawl against the finish line and was going to sign up for IMLP as the required IM race so they can apply for the Kona lottery.

So it is a win/win
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [OnTheFly21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OnTheFly21 wrote:
Well I know they aren't going to do that but how many others is going to get special treatment? The last time I checked we all had to sit at a computer and register at the allotted time for races we hope to get a spot. The races are already crowded to begin with. Oh well, I guess its another person to swim over! just kidding

Not everyone has to sit at a computer. Other ways to get in to the race include lottery, military, major sponsor, or be a celebrity / VIP / person-of-interest. With the lottery, you pay your money and take your chances. With the others, you need to get high enough on the appropriate list to be told "hey, we have a spot open at the race - interested?" None of these 'take away' any of the slots that are available at regular qualifying races. They've been around for years. There were even some slots freed up on the pier this year - fewer pros because of the new points system.

As many others have stated, this World Championship is different because it is being run by a for-profit corporation. Their game, their races, their rules. Everyone has a choice whether to play or not.
Quote Reply

Prev Next