Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs
Quote | Reply
Personally I think it's total bs that WTC gives away Kona slots in this fashion. Why don't they give these charity slots to other popular IM races (Lake Placid, Canada, etc)?

Quote | Reply
Oh my god, how could they do this...WTC sucks...Tara sucks...BL sucks...NBC sucks...the sport is doomed--again.

Sigh......
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go get really fat...then get on the show and lose a grip of weight and get a Kona slot and stop being a b@tch!
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [ndrfnnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ndrfnnut wrote:
(Lake Placid, Canada, etc)
- it would be great to make an effort with some older IM races which WTC doesn't seem to be investing in such as IM Australia or IMNZ, for instance. IM Aus has only 40 Kona slots... 41 would be better - or at least a step in the right direction.

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the same time, however, if it inspires a few couch potatoes to get out on the bike, then that's not necessarily a bad thing, yeah?

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  1. How is it different if they give 'm out for other races? To keep Kona 'pure' or something? If you truly believe that, dream on. You could argue that Kona is better, since it "only" has 1800 participants as opposed to 2000+.
  2. Whatever you may think, this person didn't take your Kona slot away. You took your Kona slot away by not being fast enough.
  3. How is this different from the lottery, the executive challenge, and other miscellaneous special interests dropped into the race by NBC/WTC?

In conclusion, lighten up. There are things in the world you should worry about. There are things in the world you should be angry about. This is neither.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [jandev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People need to wake up. This isn't the superbowl or anything. Sure, Kona is cool for us, but lets face it nobody really cares about triathlon as a sport or its world championship (aside from us of course). WTC is running a business, more power to them.
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [Socalbeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Socalbeachbum wrote:
Go get really fat...then get on the show and lose a grip of weight and get a Kona slot and stop being a b@tch!

So I'm being a bitch for bitching about people bitching? Fair enough, no need to result to personal attacks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meant for the op
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, really, what bothers you about this? Are you one spot away from getting your Kona slot and if there was one more in your age group you would have KQ'd? (Assuming they would have given this slot to your AG)

Imagine what a cluster (*&k kona would be if they had 1700 AGers finishing under 10 hours, ie everyone's "deserving" of a slot at the world championship?

Now what pisses me off...Bill Gates and his wife give all that money to fight disease in third world countries. Gee, I could really us a P4.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Tara from BL was supposed to do IMFL last year but was a no show. Just checked results and she isn't listed.

Wonder if she'll really do Kona as announced tonight on the show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but kona offers the unique opportunity of us getting to see them CRATER in the heat!

ndrfnnut wrote:
Personally I think it's total bs that WTC gives away Kona slots in this fashion. Why don't they give these charity slots to other popular IM races (Lake Placid, Canada, etc)?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [Socalbeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Socalbeachbum wrote:
meant for the op

Glad I didn't follow my first instinct and go off on you about it :-)

Also glad to see I'm not the only one that is tired of the oh-so-predictable righteous indignation on ST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My GF got me an e-bay slot, 2X last year.
Waahhhhhh!!!!!
$39,0000 BTW
I wanted a Ferrari
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ndrfnnut wrote:

------------------

Beacuase the media doesn't give a shit about any Ironman except Kona.I have some serious gripes about a lot of what "The Evil Empire" does but this isn't one of them.They can do what they like to make the coverage more interesting and appeal to the non tri-geek masses.I've actually become a bit of a fan of The Biggest Loser here in Oz lately so I'd watch a fat yank waddle around Kona if it made the coverage more interesting...

Oh, and the spot the fat bastard got didn't in any way deprive any potential qualifiers of their chance to go to Kona

---------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Oh my god, how could they do this...WTC sucks...Tara sucks...BL sucks...NBC sucks...the sport is doomed--again.

Sigh......

As long as she isn't banging Sean Penn, I'm okay with it.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the sad part is the fat guy will probably have a faster 70.3 time than me anyway ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to post the same thing when I heard this. WTF?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Offering bullshit, birdseed prize purses to hard working professional triathletes, while feeding (pardon the pun) a free Kona slot to a fatty.......

......there is something morally wrong about that.......especially when you consider the fatty will make more $$ from Kona than the winner of the race.

But hey!! It's good for the sport <muffled cough>

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Apr 26, 11 19:03
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
the sad part is the fat guy will probably have a faster 70.3 time than me anyway ...

This.
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just curious what are the gripes you have with WTC?

Edit: Basically all their policies are "evil" empire type of business decisions and this really is no different than their refund policy or there jacked up prices. But good for them, they have a great business plan, and are executing it very well!

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Last edited by: bad929: Apr 26, 11 19:04
Quote Reply
Re: Biggest Loser gets Kona slot = bs [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that she was training for IMFL and had some sort of accident and broke her leg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go cry to your mama. No one here cares about your pathetic little gripes about your sad, bitter life.

Get over it or keep it to yourself.

Just pathetic.