Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:

Unfortunately this won't work. The brake cables route through the stem so if you want to remove the bars completely, you would need to loosen the brake cables. For the front this is not a big issue but for the rear it's a pita to reroute the brake cable every time you travel with the bike.

Hope this helps.
¨

Just to be sure. With the stem adapter it is not possible to just unscrew the bolts at the front at the stem at take of the base bar and twist it along the bike to fit it in a bike box? Thinking the cables will be a bit longer with the stem adapter since the stem is longer than the integrated bayonet. So was hoping this more length in cable would allow you to unscrew the bolts at the stem and put the base bar along the fork to fit in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I traveled with my Scicon bag and I just cut out some cardboard to "Reinforce it" for the airport guys. I basically took 8 total pieces of card board (front, rear, l side, r side) and then put some plastic bags between two layers of it cut to the shape of the bag and tapped those together. It was a mini "shock absorber" for any likely impacts. I also put foam on the tubes to be extra safe. All in all I didn't even find a single nick or bump on the thing. The cardboard was easy enough to source from my LBS. The whole process took me less than 20 minutes and made for an easy unpack/repack once completed.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just finishing an IA build with Di2 and SRM.How do you charge the internal battery when the 5 port A junction is internal over the fork??How do you mount the srm magnet(the k edge magnet will not work with this frame) MANY THANKS.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [carbonsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My lbs glued or bonded the tiny SRM magnet to the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the kedge chain catcher /magnet mounted on my ia,.... It fits with no problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
take 2 on Felt IA build. The 2015 IA1 was taken out by a pastry delivery van. The 2015 IA FRD will be lighter, stronger, faster and...less red. No offense Felt.

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a couple of Questions i thought one of your felt gurus could help with....looking at the IA FRDs, i see a couple of 2014 IA FRDs out there frames, and bikes. and a few 2015 FRDs frames and bikes.
1. framesets - is there a difference in the frame design, constructios, any of the frame bits or pieces? did they improve anything material between 2014 and 2015 in the frames?
2. in the complete bikes, looks like the 2015 has a dura crank though compact, a dura cassette & chain , and mainly the zipp wheels vs 2014 (reynold wheels, ultegra chain cassette). looks like unless im mistaken there is a difference in msrps of several grand. seems like a big difference in msrps for wheels (reynolds retail for about the same though obviously zipp is a bit more the standard in demand), and crank might be a few bucks, chain, etc. cassette but a few grand? want to make sure im not missing something.

thanks in advance.
-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really love my new felt IA with everything internal including the A junction box.My problem with the hidden a junction box is there a special set of cables that can charge the battery thru the rear derailleur cable??I am very appreciative of your support.Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carbonsport wrote:
I really love my new felt IA with everything internal including the A junction box.My problem with the hidden a junction box is there a special set of cables that can charge the battery thru the rear derailleur cable??I am very appreciative of your support.Thanks

Sure, just get a 2nd Junction-A box and unplug the RD and plug it into the 2nd J-A and charge there. This is how I charge my road bike which is built without a charging port and has everything routed internally.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave,
I was wondering if you could tell me the set screw size of the rear drop out.

It looks like a m4 set screw, but thought I'd check
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
Dave,
I was wondering if you could tell me the set screw size of the rear drop out.

It looks like a m4 set screw, but thought I'd check

You've got it. M4 x 0.7mm x 24mm. Some consumers swap it to a bolt with a conventional cap or button head if they run wider tires and need to mind the [seat tube] gap

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't get my seat angle adjusted correctly. What is the best way to shim the seat to get the correct angle? The seat is either a little too low or too high.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [skaas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3T Difflock clamp offers infinite* fine tune adjustments.

I could ramble on about how it works, but this video produced by 3T does a really nice concise job of explaining how to easily adjust the clamp

Post deleted by spgtwice [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this a new felt storage box coming?
http://www.tririg.com/...ae_Felt_IA&num=2

Will we get to know about drag on it when it comes out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Felt Aerobar is not working well because of the slight negative downslop (-1.5degrees).This does not sound like much but after 10 km I feel like I am sliding off the front.I am fortunate to have many tri bikes and for me a slight upward angle works best.I read there is a Felt stem adapter kit which allows other aerobars(such as my preferred Pro Missile Evo).I would be greatly appreciative of the part number of this kit and what stem lengths are available.Many thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried to custom hide the Di2 extension cables to route them through the aerobar and into the stem? If not... does it seem possible?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OR: What is the cleanest way possible to route the Di2 extension cables? Could you post a picture?

I was hoping to achieve something like this. What do you think?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave (or Will) Can either of you comment on whether or not the SRAM Blip box can fit under the front faring like the current Di2 junction boxes do? I've seen many of the bikes lately are mounting on the base bar but hoping there is a better long term solution for this super bike. Any help would be helpful as I'm making a decision on which system to go to for the 2016 season.

Thanks so much for any reply (I'm optimistic here haha)

------
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it needs to be externally mounted per SRAM to get a reliable signal. There will be a blip box mount for the IA as an add on option soon.

SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome Dave Thanks! As always I truly appreciate your insight! Can't wait to see the mount option before making my decision. Have you had any time on the SRAM eTap? Have an opinion on it yet? I was jealous to see you in Kona this past weekend! Perks of the job ;)

------
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Felt IA FRD [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
Awesome Dave Thanks! As always I truly appreciate your insight! Can't wait to see the mount option before making my decision. Have you had any time on the SRAM eTap? Have an opinion on it yet? I was jealous to see you in Kona this past weekend! Perks of the job ;)

Yes, I spent some time on eTap in simulated race conditions and various terrain. I'm a huge fan of the set up simplicity, the function itself, and the versatility of the remote shifter blips. I wish they had a user interface and overstroke on the motor but I can't said I'd actually change anything. I'm currently on Di2 and swap the button functions and slow the shift speed with their e-tube interface.

My only "complaint" was a result of pilot error where I had stalled a climbing effort and needed a lighter gear so I opted to make a chainring shift instead of grabbing 2-3 cogs. I hit both shift buttons to drop the chain off the big ring but hadn't realized I was already in the small ring so it actually shifted me from the 39t to the 53t when I was already struggling on a steep grade at a low rpm. I recognized my error and quickly shifted again up front and then hit the R/D selector for a few gears but I'd already slowed to a walking pace. 100% my fault and an adaptation I think I'd make once familiar with the system. It was an oversight made impossible with the function of the buttons on my Di2 and EPS bikes however.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi SD,

I'm in a confused stage of which Felt IA size suits me, and will like to seek your kind help to clear some myths between the IA Fit calculator and the IA bike Geometry. I've already paid for the bike, just do not know which size fits best.

I did 2 bike fit with 2 different persons.

When i did my first pre-purchase bike fit with F.I.S.T bike fitter. End result i've got is reach 424, stack 565 - which is close to IA size 56 based on IA geometry chart.

On my second pre-purchase bike fit with RETUL bike fitter. End result i've got is Pad reach 425 (horizontal distance from BB to center of arm rest), stack 749 (vertical distance from BB to top of arm rest, not including arm pad) and saddle height 800- which doesn't translate to any IA size in the IA Fit Calculator.

However, it does come out as "OK Option" for IA size 54 if i were to input the below numbers, which i amused that i'm a size 54 instead of size 56 based on my first bike fitter recommendation. Btw, i'm 183cm tall, weighs 65kg.
Pad reach 425 (horizontal distance from BB to center of arm rest)
Stack 680 - which is not my stack height (vertical distance from BB to top of arm rest, not including armpad) *Maximum stack i can put in before it goes out of range in the IA Fit Calculator.
Saddle height 800

I will really appreciate your recommendation of the following:
  1. Which IA bike size i should go for? With front center in consideration.
  2. Is it possible to raise the pad stack up to 749 mm(vertical distance from BB to top of arm rest, not including arm pad)?

Thanks heaps! Looking forward to your reply!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to thank you for your input Dave! I'm happy to hear that you've been impressed with the new system SRAM built. It's also great to see that Felt is embracing it with some auxiliary products to enable the 'Felt Faithful' to stay on the bleeding edge! I'm torn between which system to chose for next season but I'll consider your feedback when I'm pulling the trigger. Di2 or eTap ... I think I'll be happy either way

------
Quote Reply

Prev Next