Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the attitude!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [seanathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just did 36 x 1/9 at the indoor track. Snowing and 30 outside, so opted for some indoor torture.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You lost points for doing the laps inside. Not HTFU enough. You can do better next time.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First double today....
4.3 miles then 5 miles.

Felt pretty good....wore different shoes on the first run. BIG MISTAKE...blister is coming on...FU brain for thinking it would be a smart thing to not run in my Infiniti's or Trance's
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back from vacations and I must say that I am proud of myself so here it goes :

Dec 25th : Run early morning before flight to India (3h30 flight from Sri Lanka)
Dec 26th: Run early morning (dark) around Connaught place in New Delhi. Beurk! Pollution is worse than Colombo...How can people leave there? I mean those who have the choice. I was sneezing dark afterwords and my throat was a little sore!!!
Dec 27th: Repeat of the previous run... not sure that I'm improving my health by running here but 100/100 means no choices... HTFU!
Dec 28th: Run in Haridwar, a sacred Hindu city. Ran by the Ganges and up a 1.5km hill to a temple but no time to stop... 2 feets off the ground...
Dec 29th: Run in Rishikesh, the yoga capital of the world
Dec 30th: Early headlight run before going trekking. I'm in my own little light word, not much to see... then 2hrs of car and a trek of 16km (Glad I ran before it!)
Dec 31th: Wake up 3h30 AM for a 4010m summit climb hoping to get there for sunrise. One hour into the trek, my wife got sick so we had to get back down (2hr total). Around 10AM she feels better and decide to give the summit another go... back 5hrs later after doing the summit. Feeling pretty sore on the way down so I decided to skip the hilly run (nothing flat around)... wise decision
Jan 1st: More than 8 hours of car. Was suppose to leave early so I thought of doing the run once at destination. We ended up leaving late. No run today... always go in the morning!!!
Jan 2nd: Run in Rishikesh before taking a car back to Delhi
Jan 3rd: Early start to Agra by car. Again suppose to come back early but a big car accident on the way to Agra delayed us. We got hit in the back by a van... lucky, we only have a stiff neck!!! No running today... did I say that I have to run in the morning?
Jan 4th: Run again in New Delhi...It's easier now, getting used to the pollution I guess... time to fly back to Colombo on a late flight.
Jan 5th: After a little 4 hrs of sleep I'm back to my daily routine with an early run.

So I managed 7 days out of 10 and I'm proud of it. Thanks again Dev for this great challenge. I don't think I would've run once without it. I would have missed some great runs and lost a bit of fitness because of it(maybe my lungs would have a better color though ;) ) but mainly I have to thank you because this challenge is, well, fun!

Happy new year everyone and keep up the good work for this challenge!

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"only impressive if you get frostbite as a result. "

I already did this this year. I was out for a run a few weeks ago and got a small patch on my neck. It was not a severe case but I had a nice red spot about the size of a dime and peeling skin for a couple of days afterwards but it wasn't a big deal. The day after, I ran 20k with my brother in a snowstorm so we were slogging through 4-6 inches of snow the whole way. That was much more challenging but both of these runs were things I would have done whether I was doing the challenge or not.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [rferron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard, my dad spent 2 weeks in Haridwar last month...no running, I think he's jus trying to purify his soul after a lifetime of smoking and drinking and partying (around working and raising a family) :-)....congrats on the tenacity!

As for the pollution, you get desensitized to it, but it is never nice!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi dev,

trying to log some workouts on my mobile phone, the connection`s good but when i click on the log workout tab, the box that normally pops up does not appear on my phone(nokia e51) any other way of entering new workouts?

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this is the official "starting line" day?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something like that...everyone should be "broken in" by now and either figured out a way to run pretty well daily without blowup, or they have blown up and are in the hurt locker never having gotten to the "start line".

This is the number one lesson for racing...lots of training heros that break their bodies before getting to the start line of races...no point being fast and injured...better to be a bit slower and intact...it even happens to pros like Sam McGlone....maybe Chrissie had so many ladies stressed out that they pushed themselves over the top and blew before the start line...in this case "Chrissie" is the spreadsheet...don't let her push you to the breaking point (actually I like calling the sheet Chrissie!)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
hi dev,

trying to log some workouts on my mobile phone, the connection`s good but when i click on the log workout tab, the box that normally pops up does not appear on my phone(nokia e51) any other way of entering new workouts?

Not sure that dev is the tech support for this...

But... probably won't work. The log workout functionality is some hybrid css/dhtml popup window, so unless you are using a browser that fully supports that it will not likely work. You'll have to do it from a computer...

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So do we clear everything and start over? :)

Funny how, as I get higher on the list, the more I want to be in the Gold or better placings.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh well..just is easier to log workouts the moment the workout`s done..

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 mins on the treadmill after my morning swim. Did 1% incline for 3.58 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indoor track again 48 x 1/9 = 5.33 miles, 45 min. Feeling like a Nascar driver
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snowing and 30 outside, so opted for some indoor torture.

Where do you live, Florida? I'm in shorts if it is 30 degrees.

Bernie

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
just did 36 x 1/9 at the indoor track. Snowing and 30 outside, so opted for some indoor torture.
There's a local 200m indoor track that I use sometimes. My personal record so far pre-dates this challenge so I can't claim it here but I've done 80 laps to get a 10 mile run in. "Cold and windy" I don't mind, but half tracked drifts and ice will eventually chase me indoors. There's too much chance of turning an ankle or going down and I don't bounce the way I used to when I was younger.

I've dropped a few runs over the holidays. Just when I expected to catch up with some doubles, snow shoveling got me in the low back and it was a struggle to keep the single runs going. At least that's recovering well and I'm still getting the runs in. I'm still hoping to get caught up before it's over but I'll settle for hanging on right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am amazed how some folks can run exactly 30 minutes quite often. I think even on a treadmill I'd find it hard to time it as such, constantly.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [slowbern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a man must have priorities, had to work in a swim as well. Since The Challenge started I have run in the snow, wind, rain, and mud, coldest around 12-14
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I wanted to ease into this challenge. Just started running doubles. My last 100 day bloc,I logged 856 miles, so I am trying to get close to that.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am amazed how some folks can run exactly 30 minutes quite often. I think even on a treadmill I'd find it hard to time it as such, constantly.
The gym where I use a treadmill has a posted 30 minute limit on the endurance equipment and many of them go into a 5 minute automatic cool down program after 30 minutes. I usually don't log the cool down time and distance but if I'm still running for the first minute or two as it slows then I might include that.
Last edited by: Micawber: Jan 5, 09 10:15
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never go exactly 30, but I can be close. Takes about 10 seconds to get up to a "run" so I'll
normally tack a few on at the end of treadmill runs.

Outside I can be pretty close but don't worry about it as much. Pretty soon I'll have to
start ramping up to train for Ragnar Relay.

If I could only kick this stupid problem with my foot (plantars wart got removed 1 week
before start, then got an infection, still bothering me) I'd feel a lot better.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo for the 30 mins here as well. The only time I run exactly 30 mins is when I do it on the treadmill. A good example is this morning. I walked for a bit then reset the timer and ran for 30, and walked a bit after for cooldown. I didn't do the mileage I needed for today according to my training plan, so I will tack that onto my outdoor run tongiht.

I avoid the treadmill at all costs whenever possible, but I swam this morning so just barely made it back in time before my wife left for work. After that I need to watch my son and walk him to school. He can't be left alone yet (he is 7) so I do my morning run on the treadmill for...exactly 30 mins.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey what are you doing on this thread, didn't someone kick you out of this challenge ;-)

I'm back on the wagon after a day of travel. 12 miles, 89:30, treadmill at 1.5% incline.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but I've become the judge of a contest of who does the most ridiculous/badass run of the challenge. It has to be a run that the person would never do unless they did the challenge and it has to be above and beyond the typical weather challenges. This is winter so I need truely extreme conditions in order to be impressed.

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next