Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Roughster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
36:45
4 mi loop
pavement, ouch
my knee started to hurt in the last 1/4mi

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes. Always punch people in the face when their interests are different than yours. There can be no other way.
-one_lap
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting. I'm 6'4" about 185. During the summer I get down to maybe 177. I could not imagine loosing any more weight than that. I'm not sure where it would come from, and I'm really not sure I would get any faster because it seems like it would have to be mostly muscle loss. Out of curiosity. Do you have pretty thin bones?? I'm just trying to figure out how you got down in to the 160's. I always thought I was skinny.

------------------------------
Jack
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tim_wiec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, no sure about the ranking. What is the criteria. Frequency, then what? It shows as Frequency, then ascending name. Should the ranking be frequency, then within frequency, mileage?
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys....yes within frequency the next "sort" will eventually be mileage. Slowman and his crew are incrementally rolling in a number of feature requests. These things will take time and will likely happen at some point in the future....just be patient.

Today's first workout 20 min roller ride+9K run commute to work with backpack...rough NW wind and snow all over the ground resulting in some slip, but better than sitting in traffic in a car (not like I have a long way to work, but human power is always better).

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The counter needs changing as well. I have 31 runs, but states I am behind 69. It needs to take numbers of day for challenge, not total days of challenge i.e today day 25, should state I am 6 ahead.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [tim_wiec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No the challenge is also about competition and it is just a matter of how you define competition. You can choose who and what you compete with. You can compete with yourself, or with the guy next to you in the spreadsheet, or with your training buddies...your choice...this is sport and sport inherently has competition (just like business).

You can always click on name and just see your rank based on what name your parents gave you or what handle you gave yourself. You can sort on any of the categories.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Vagabond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, I'm pretty aerodynamic : ) I normally use a 38cm wide road bar since my shoulders are very narrow. I have a 37" inseam, I'm all legs. One of the reason I don't swim train : ) I have really long arms and the distance to pull is huge. I'm sure I could be a very good swimmer but I hate swimming and my body type allows me to be OK without swim training.

When I was 161 was a walking stick!! But a fast.....walking stick : )

As of about 1 hour ago this morning I was at 178. 10 lbs gone and 8 more to go!! And I pigged out last night, 2 hamburgers, a bag of chips, sodas and lots of fluid and still weighed the same as I did after by bike/run brick. Didn't gain anything after all that food.

I think I like this running stuff. BTW - I've NEVER run this much in this time span in over 18 years!! I normally only run about 3-4 times a month.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ejohns3992] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can change the sort order by clicking on any of the column titles at the top of the challenge table. (Name, Freq, time, dist, pace, speed). Clicking on the same column title a second time will reverse the sort.

The ranking changes depending on which sort you pick. It looks like the default sort (for me) is freq descending, name descending.

cheers - mark
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
started out at 168lbs, last race was 2007 and weighed 146lbs, currently weigh at 162lbs and so far so good. tried doing a solo 100/100 a few months back but when i hit day 40, i got injured because not good to let your garmin control you..i ended racing almost every run..end result injured and did not run for two months. now i`m having so much fun looking forward to logging my workouts,feeling great as the days tick by. seeing other people`s workouts who are 10,000+ miles away makes me even more inspired to get out of the door...

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say I both love and hate the rankings. It is certainly a strong motivator, hence the love. I feel like I need to get in three runs today to put me at the top of the list, hence the hate.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's exactly the effect that rankings should have...you should hate them enough to get your ass out the door and do more...of course, if you let the rankings totally control you and break, then they had the "Chrissie effect" (everyone blows up in training cause they push themselves too hard cause they are virtually trying to keep up with Chrissie before race day)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the new rankings feature. For however long it lasts, I am in the top 20! Of course, I'm over 100 kms behind the lead runners but whatever.

By the way, I've noticed that the workout summaries tend to drop leading zeroes. For instance, a ride of 1:01 reports as 1:1 in the sidebar. I'm using Chrome as my browser.

John

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year when you had to go to the spread sheet to log the runs I tended to really look at it and the results daily. Now I have been tending to just log my runs and forget about it. Just took a look at it and seems like a lot of people are killing it. Seems like a lot of people on pace to be in the 130-140 range at the end. Be interesting to see how it all turns out. Now that I am back to the silly world of business travel I can do some doubles and move up a bit. Long as I keep up and get my share of salt and vinegar chips by the horse crossing at epicman I will be happy ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just glad frequency is first, since if it were anything else I'd be way down. :)

Distance: 194
Speed: 455
Time: 139

It ain't pretty, being slow.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny hearing the differences in how people are looking at the data. I've just been ignoring the frequency rankings, and instead looking at the distance rankings - and sometimes the pace rankings (I've since given up with that with all the snow in Ottawa though).

I'm sitting in 21st on distance with 18 hours of running and oceanswimmer is one spot ahead with 32 hours of running!! Kudos to you - you certainly deserve a higher ranking, as that is A LOT of time spent on the feet.

True 'dat.

Oceanswimmer and RBR are the only two people above me in frequency AND slower than me.

That is some serious dedication.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I am amazed how some folks can run exactly 30 minutes quite often. I think even on a treadmill I'd find it hard to time it as such, constantly.
The gym where I use a treadmill has a posted 30 minute limit on the endurance equipment and many of them go into a 5 minute automatic cool down program after 30 minutes. I usually don't log the cool down time and distance but if I'm still running for the first minute or two as it slows then I might include that.
Looking at the new columns, I noticed that some others are logging even minute values but the majority are including seconds. That puts a new light on your question, for me at least. I've always rounded off my workout logging to the nearest minute and, for running, to the nearest tenth of a km. For this challenge I don't round up to 30 minutes though, I always get at least the half hour in. In a race I might care about the seconds but for training this was all the accuracy I ever bothered with.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [dennism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I started the 100/100 I told my self that I would be running about 500 kilometers. 5 per day ain't alot until you realize that you have 495K to go. I'm still telling myself this as I run everyday. Start off slow and BACK OFF!! You have along way to go, lots of miles and many more days. Its better to go slow and easy and run more, then go fast and get hurt and not be able to run at all. After the 100/100 I'll back off to a few days per week and add sprints and speed into the mix.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That ain't the worst of it!

Most of us are getting chicked by a DAMN SWIMMER!!!!!

I'm a freakin runner, have a 50k under my belt last weekend, and she's STILL got me on distance and is neck/neck on pace!

Good work Tigerchik!
Quote Reply
johnnycakes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am amazed how some folks can run exactly 30 minutes quite often. I think even on a treadmill I'd find it hard to time it as such, constantly. "

just think vito spatafore from the sopranos, out there in the vermont winter, trying to make an honest living doing handyman work, and the voice-over internal monologue as he's repairing a barn: 'been out here all morning. . .gotta be 10:30 at least, probably 11, almost time for lunch.' and then the poor guy looks at his watch and it's 9:15, and he lets out an anguished scream.

that's kind of how i view running in this challenge. i run out 15 mins. run back. if i get back in 14:10, i run up and down the block while i look at my watch. if im in sight of my house at 15, on the other hand, i start walking. if im on the treadmill, i just hop off that bad-boy at 30 mins, screw the stats/miles/cals screen they show you at the end. my knees hurt, by quads hurt, my mileage is up about 75%, i lost 5 pounds, my hr is down as low as it ever was (even in HS swimming season).

30 a day is plenty for me.

i was thinking about trying 4 mi. runs, ever since i did some doubles and got caught up, until i realized that im STILL F*KING 1 RUN BEHIND, so screw that. add math to my knee/quad woes, i guess.

good challenge, thanks to those putting it on.

andrew moss

Last edited by: apmoss: Jan 8, 09 11:50
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey CaptainCanada, I ran with Clementine today. She said the exact same thing to me with respect to the ranking hate/love (verbatim!!). Funny also that she is third despite RBR having less mileage and slower pace. Ohh well, what can we do....except running some more :-)

Karl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably going to have to drop out because of a potential blood clot in my leg. Should know by tomorrow what the story is. Bummer because I was on pace and ready to go the distance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've surprised myself.... top 50 in frequency and distance... (better in distance in fact!)

Sweet.

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs in 100 days 2008-2009 Official Thread with Rules, Questions and Smacktalk [KChemsi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's good to hear someone else is obsessing ... I suspect that she will be the one I will use as a measuring stick.

I'll be looking to beat her on time and frequency ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoo Hooo! My first double run of the challenge. I took my running gear along to work as usual, thinking that I might be up to a run after work. That wasn't a given though since I donated blood last night and already swam a workout with masters this morning, but with the challenge and all I figured I'd be ready to try.

As I was leaving for work, my wife said she was feeling too sick and was going to stay home today. I usually come home for lunch and take care of our dog then too, so this freed me up to buy a snack and run at lunchtime instead. The idea of a double didn't come to me until after I was at work. I tried to hang my gear so it would air out after lunch but it was still pretty damp and gross later. Sucked it up and got the double in though.

I realize this is too tame for the rediculous run challenge, these were both indoor runs, but at least one and possibly both wouldn't have happened without the 100/100. One of my own personal small steps for man! Whoo Hooo!
Quote Reply

Prev Next