Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Trying to follow Pogacar is a dangerous game, GT rode smart.

At 25 years old Ferris has completed the GT stage win hat trick…

Fall off your bike, drop the field.

Like I said, he looks vulnerable.......:)
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Hope is not a strategy.”
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:

True, but also, "luck is where preparedness meets opportunity", and we can be pretty sure G. is prepared. Just needs an opportunity. And if it doesn't come within 19 more days, another podium is nothing to sneeze at.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

True, but also, "luck is where preparedness meets opportunity", and we can be pretty sure G. is prepared. Just needs an opportunity. And if it doesn't come within 19 more days, another podium is nothing to sneeze at.

I think you are right. It's just that this is feeling awfully like a procession.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally agree on GT getting podium, probably second step. He’s cagey, unlike…

“It’s a shame because I definitely feel like I was the second strongest guy, but probably the least intelligent.”
- Ben O’Conner on trying to follow Pogacar.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: May 5, 24 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
... It's just that this is feeling awfully like a procession.

Oh, for sure the dominance does take some of the fun out of it. We just have to try to be content with all the other battles going on for stages, the jerseys, and so on.

And of course there are other races! Tro Bro Leon, as usual, was an exciting race. It's good to see the Bull is back despite multiple punctures/bike changes. And another really fine ride by Riley Sheehan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Totally agree on GT getting podium, probably second step. He’s cagey, unlike…

“It’s a shame because I definitely feel like I was the second strongest guy, but probably the least intelligent.”
- Ben O’Conner on trying to follow Pogacar.

LOL, it's quotes like that that make me an O'Conner fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
echappist wrote:
... It's just that this is feeling awfully like a procession.

Oh, for sure the dominance does take some of the fun out of it. We just have to try to be content with all the other battles going on for stages, the jerseys, and so on.

And of course there are other races! Tro Bro Leon, as usual, was an exciting race. It's good to see the Bull is back despite multiple punctures/bike changes. And another really fine ride by Riley Sheehan.

Tro Bro Leon is such a good parcours and the weather always keeps it fun to watch.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
So I went out for a ride today and when I got back there was a package waiting:

So here it is, the podium chug:
https://youtube.com/...?si=bbbkPPrX30FJcStf

Thanks WannaB!

That is awesome on both of you. Love it. You have some work to hit Kusstanza levels though ;)
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 5, 24 15:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Well, one puncture and all of a sudden things are exciting.

ETA: OK, not that exciting. All back to normal now.

That was a quick return to normal, but that was sketchy. Was that wheel throwing sparks?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow we get the first look at Cool Hand Luke in action. Finish looks too much like one for the pure sprinters, should suit LL KoolJ well.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
likes_bikes wrote:
eb wrote:
Well, one puncture and all of a sudden things are exciting.

ETA: OK, not that exciting. All back to normal now.

That was a quick return to normal, but that was sketchy. Was that wheel throwing sparks?

I thought so too! But on seeing the slo-mo replay, it looked like it was burping orange sealant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pogi did that climb with no data. old school. didn't he do the bel filles climb of final tour TT with no data?
maybe i'm way too much of a slave to the data - but i'd want to know if I could likely push a lil more (or conversely in O'Connor's case to back off a lil).
I have a harder time identifying with O'Connor's ride - maybe just bc at 56 I almost never feel even mildly in control when going near my limit!
something tells me Pogi might have had a little more in the tank.

Sprinters to the fore tomorrow - sounds like rain. Going J. Milan before I bother to see finish profile or weather (you know - like Pogi - no data!).
Quote Reply

Prev Next