Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man, I'm curious -- any hints you're able to share?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, thanks configurable display options would be great in general. I can't necessarily think what more I'd want but options always are good. Also excited to see what this tri feature might be :)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
Oh man, I'm curious -- any hints you're able to share?

It will make you faster! :)

We're not 100% sure we'll be able to do it. Our plan is to launch it around interbike which is in mid sept.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm working on my indoor set-up and just joined Trainerroad. Overall, I'm really pleased with it so far. I'm having trouble with the custom workout functionality, though, so I thought I'd throw this out to the group and see if anyone has any ideas.

I designed a custom workout in the creator, published it, and synched workouts from there. I went into the workout app and synched workouts there as well. However, when I select the "custom workouts" radio button, it says no workouts are found. I've searched, etc. and don't see it anywhere. Has anyone gotten this to work? I am on a MacBook Pro right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Joe Public] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe Public wrote:
I'm working on my indoor set-up and just joined Trainerroad. Overall, I'm really pleased with it so far. I'm having trouble with the custom workout functionality, though, so I thought I'd throw this out to the group and see if anyone has any ideas.

I designed a custom workout in the creator, published it, and synched workouts from there. I went into the workout app and synched workouts there as well. However, when I select the "custom workouts" radio button, it says no workouts are found. I've searched, etc. and don't see it anywhere. Has anyone gotten this to work? I am on a MacBook Pro right now.

Did you create the workout on a different computer than the MBP?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have another filter applied to the search (IF, duration, video) that is screening out your custom workouts. That one has tripped me up before. Go back and clear off all other filters and see if it shows up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Under the 'Workouts' tab, there is a small reset button next to the Workout Filters header. Give that a click and see if it comes up.

If not, check out this article and see if something jumps out to you: http://support.trainerroad.com/...950-Missing-Workouts

And if it's still not coming up, shoot us an email at Support@TrainerRoad.com

Professional Mountain Biker and Community Manager at TrainerRoad - Cycling's Most Effective Training Tool
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Livio Livius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livio Livius wrote:
Joe Public wrote:

Did you create the workout on a different computer than the MBP?

No. I have used the MBP for everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [OkotoksLawyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OkotoksLawyer wrote:
Do you have another filter applied to the search (IF, duration, video) that is screening out your custom workouts. That one has tripped me up before. Go back and clear off all other filters and see if it shows up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure I cleared the filters, but I'll triple-check once I get home tonight. I also selected "All Workouts" and tried searching for the name of the workout. Nothing came up.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Trevor DeRuise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trevor DeRuise wrote:
Under the 'Workouts' tab, there is a small reset button next to the Workout Filters header. Give that a click and see if it comes up.

If not, check out this article and see if something jumps out to you: http://support.trainerroad.com/...950-Missing-Workouts

And if it's still not coming up, shoot us an email at Support@TrainerRoad.com

Thank you, Trevor. I actually saw that article yesterday when I was trying to troubleshoot on my own. Like I mentioned above, I'll check the filters again tonight to make sure they're cleared, then I'll email if it still isn't working.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update: I cleared the filters again, and this time it worked. I can see my custom workout. That likely means previous user error on my part. :-)

Thanks for the help, all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just updated to the newest version of TR and noticed that there is now a tab under Devices (both ANT+ and BLE) for the E-motion rollers. I know they were working on it, and doing an early adopter/public beta program, does this mean that it's close to production?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [crazyarm07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crazyarm07 wrote:
Just updated to the newest version of TR and noticed that there is now a tab under Devices (both ANT+ and BLE) for the E-motion rollers. I know they were working on it, and doing an early adopter/public beta program, does this mean that it's close to production?

That's probably best for Jason from InsideRide Technologies to answer. It sounds like he's pretty close though! :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate, I just wanted to give Trainerroad kudos. I just bought a power2max type s power meter so I wanted to compare for a week my indoor rides with virtual power. What I came out with is impressive, in my opinion. Lots of faith now with my indoor training using virtual power since December. I have a separate thread that I was asking a few questions about the power meter in the forum with another ride comparison. I did mention how it's interesting that at lower speeds on the trainer, virtual power reads a *little* high. But still impressively close! I'm just glad my FTP is as good as I was hoping it was :-)

This is what I am using as my setup:

Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Home Trainer Tire 700c x 23
100 lbs psi
temperature of room (air conditioned garage) usually between 66-70 F
One fan pointed at me, not the trainer
Kurt Kinetic road machine - old gray version from 2008ish
Turned knob on trainer till tire touched roller, then 2 1/2 turns
Usually tried to clean tire with windex once a week

ETA - the light blue line is vp. purple line is p2m.

Last edited by: kevmk81: Jun 29, 15 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [kevmk81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kevmk81 wrote:
Nate, I just wanted to give Trainerroad kudos. I just bought a power2max type s power meter so I wanted to compare for a week my indoor rides with virtual power. What I came out with is impressive, in my opinion. Lots of faith now with my indoor training using virtual power since December. I have a separate thread that I was asking a few questions about the power meter in the forum with another ride comparison. I did mention how it's interesting that at lower speeds on the trainer, virtual power reads a *little* high. But still impressively close! I'm just glad my FTP is as good as I was hoping it was :-)

This is what I am using as my setup:

Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Home Trainer Tire 700c x 23
100 lbs psi
temperature of room (air conditioned garage) usually between 66-70 F
One fan pointed at me, not the trainer
Kurt Kinetic road machine - old gray version from 2008ish
Turned knob on trainer till tire touched roller, then 2 1/2 turns
Usually tried to clean tire with windex once a week

ETA - the light blue line is vp. purple line is p2m.

Wow, awesome stuff! This is what we see with VP on road machines. It really is a great trainer for VirtualPower.

The higher threshold stuff is that really matters, although it would be nice to get the low end dialed in too. For someone who can't drop $1000 on a power meter VirtualPower is a great way to train; especially if you compare it to straight RPE or heart rate.

Thanks for posting this! :)

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have noticed lately that TR countdown now goes: 5 - 4 - 3 - increase or decrease load - 2 - 1. Though this has no effect on the training stimulus, it is a bit of an annoyance to what I used to rate an A+++ product. I emailed your team and they tell me that this is an intentional ramp-up aimed at increasing the accuracy of the interval because it lets you be up to the target load quicker. Of course the load also drops somewhere between 2-3 seconds left in the interval in effect just making the clock off. I'm just weighing in to see if others notice this, and see if it truly is a new "feature" or if something is not synced correctly anymore on my set-up. If this is the new norm, I would request that this vs the old way be a setting option.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [kevmk81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What software did you use for the power overlays?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like Golden Cheetah

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I guess that it is time for me to download the latest version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
I have noticed lately that TR countdown now goes: 5 - 4 - 3 - increase or decrease load - 2 - 1. Though this has no effect on the training stimulus, it is a bit of an annoyance to what I used to rate an A+++ product. I emailed your team and they tell me that this is an intentional ramp-up aimed at increasing the accuracy of the interval because it lets you be up to the target load quicker. Of course the load also drops somewhere between 2-3 seconds left in the interval in effect just making the clock off. I'm just weighing in to see if others notice this, and see if it truly is a new "feature" or if something is not synced correctly anymore on my set-up. If this is the new norm, I would request that this vs the old way be a setting option.

Hey J_R,

Yah, we got a bunch of complaints that the power increase of the Kickr was late, and people's graphs wouldn't be lined up. If they did interval analysis, it would show that they didn't hit their power targets for the first two seconds.

So what we did was to start the ramp two seconds early and end it two seconds early on the end of an interval. This made it so your actual power matched up to the target interval.

Some people were like "OMG, A+++!!!, This is awesome". Some responded like you have and don't like it.

We're about halfway done revamping the desktop app. We could add an option under settings where you could apply an offset.

In general I'm against putting in too many settings as it makes the app more confusing. My struggle with this one is I don't know if 90% of the people like it one way and 10% like it the other, or if it's more 50/50. I definitely want you to feel we're still an A+++ product though :).

Maybe some of the Kickr users here could help out and let me know if there's a strong consensus one way or the other.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,

Loving your software and have for the last year or so. I've had a Powertap since October which I e used with your system and have now bought a Tacx Vortex Smart and just wanted to double check something please.

My understanding is that I can use both with TR and you'll take the power reading from the PT and then control resistance in line with what the app requires for the workout. Is that correct?

Cheers

Oh and when do you expect Sufferfest video integration with the iOS app?

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
J_R wrote:

Hey J_R,

Yah, we got a bunch of complaints that the power increase of the Kickr was late, and people's graphs wouldn't be lined up. If they did interval analysis, it would show that they didn't hit their power targets for the first two seconds.

So what we did was to start the ramp two seconds early and end it two seconds early on the end of an interval. This made it so your actual power matched up to the target interval.

Some people were like "OMG, A+++!!!, This is awesome". Some responded like you have and don't like it.

We're about halfway done revamping the desktop app. We could add an option under settings where you could apply an offset.

In general I'm against putting in too many settings as it makes the app more confusing. My struggle with this one is I don't know if 90% of the people like it one way and 10% like it the other, or if it's more 50/50. I definitely want you to feel we're still an A+++ product though :).

Maybe some of the Kickr users here could help out and let me know if there's a strong consensus one way or the other.

Thanks Nate. This sounds like this is a software "fix" for a KICKR problem. When you can feel the resistance hit or drop while the countdown is going on, especially with the beeping, it really begs the question "why is there even a countdown warning?"
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
Hi Nate,

Loving your software and have for the last year or so. I've had a Powertap since October which I e used with your system and have now bought a Tacx Vortex Smart and just wanted to double check something please.

My understanding is that I can use both with TR and you'll take the power reading from the PT and then control resistance in line with what the app requires for the workout. Is that correct?

Cheers

Oh and when do you expect Sufferfest video integration with the iOS app?

Correct! :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the problem is that the Kickr takes about two seconds to get to the actual power target.

So you're saying there should be no change until the interval starts or ends.

Other users are saying the change should be complete when the interval starts or ends.

I personally don't mind it either way and I see both side's points. Would you be happy if we put in a setting for this?

It's not a bad idea, because some trainers like the power beam pro take a really long time to ramp up. You could even have that ramp up 5 seconds before. CT takes a bit longer than a Kickr too.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate; i am considering the new KICKR SNAP and had couple of questions here:

- can you control Kickr by TR taking readins from my quarq?
- are you expecting to include possibility of GPS files? - yes i know the BBSPLIT hack

KICKR owners can chime in
Quote Reply

Prev Next