Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks.
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...e_in_Kona__2398.html

"What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. Since January I am doing all my bike training with powercranks and that made me a lot stronger in the run and I also gained some watts extra power on the bike. I love to train hard so there is a lot of quality in my training. All my training is visible publicly via Trainingpeaks and Twitter so anybody can check what I am doing and watch my workout files." quote by sam Gyde

There we go.........
Last edited by: pk: Oct 18, 11 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Some evidence indicating that training hard makes you faster. Profound.

I have the same type of training data where I did not use powercranks that shows a significant gain in watts.
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like to see that data I am always interested in any data. pro or con
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....where is Frank when one needs him :)
Last edited by: R2: Oct 18, 11 7:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't you just go blog with Frank on his site .....this really isn't even interesting anymore ;-)

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:

"What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. Since January I am doing all my bike training with powercranks and that made me a lot stronger in the run and I also gained some watts extra power on the bike. I love to train hard so there is a lot of quality in my training. All my training is visible publicly via Trainingpeaks and Twitter so anybody can check what I am doing and watch my workout files." quote by sam Gyde

There we go.........

hmm, what's that old saying again? The plural of anecdote is not data?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:

There we go.........

Seriously Peter?

--Tummy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was wondering when somebody was going to put that on the forum.

I agree with the guy. Powercranks are awesome for running.

jamie
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
show this to liam ;- )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
show this to liam ;- )

"Hey Liam, all that stuff about hard work and no gadgets. Peter didn't mean it, seemingly all I need are some power cranks"

Sure. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does one use Powercranks all the time on a bike or just for training? Are these similar as Rotor Cranks?

Sorry if I am missing some threads on this topic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:

There we go.........

Strange, those don't look like powercranks in the photo accompanying the article

Last edited by: JollyRogers: Oct 18, 11 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JollyRogers wrote:
pk wrote:

There we go.........

Strange, those don't look like powercranks in the photo accompanying the article

Maybe this is not his training setup......
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [JamieJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JamieJ wrote:
=

Maybe this is not his training setup......

Maybe not, but the inventor of said device was very big on "exclusive use"
Last edited by: JollyRogers: Oct 18, 11 8:23
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are at least 8 gels on his top tube. Is that a 30 minute ride he is getting ready for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it says training in the article........

I have no experience with power cranks as I was never given a free set to try them.......
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [dcsxtri10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcsxtri10 wrote:
Can't you just go blog with Frank on his site .....this really isn't even interesting anymore ;-)

Dave
Well but that was before Power braclets came on the market. Its a completely new era now !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JollyRogers wrote:

The stupidity of this thread really touches me... The picture shows my bike 1 hour before bike check-in. I don't swap the cranks in T1 but do it before the race... And the amount of gels is just sufficient for a 180k bike ride in 4h38.
Anyway, powercranks DO make an enourmous difference if you train on them exclusively but it takes courage and persistence and that's probably something that the negative people around here are missing... And I do have *lots* of data that confirm this.
My training mates using powercranks make the same progression in running (and also biking) and are very happy using them. I have yet to meet the first person using PC that is not happy with them...
I don't really understand the origin of this anti-PC lobby on slowtwitch. Anyway, keep on training on ordinary cranks and we will meet again in Kona 2012 ;-)

Sam Gyde
Fast AGer despite using PCs that don't work ;-p
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
train as you race. Is there no other way to store those gels aside from completely destroying the aerodynamics of your frame? Have you done a similar training regimen on normal cranks to even remotely support the claim that you pinpointed your whole improvement to the cranks?
Last edited by: justkeepedaling: Oct 28, 11 3:44
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
train as you race. Is there no other way to store those gels aside from completely destroying the aerodynamics of your frame? Have you done a similar training regimen on normal cranks to even remotely support the claim that you pinpointed your whole improvement to the cranks?

Yup, I did but you don't have to believe me of course ;-) I have no commercial intrest in powercranks. And I easily won my agegroup in Kona with a setup I am very comfy with and that always works for me. Glad you think I might even be faster with an other setup ;-)

Sam
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They´re hardly ´completely destroying the aerodynamics of the frame´. Just sitting on the top tube behind the steerer.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blue spent all that work for a stem to have reattached laminar flow off the back only to go straight into a 2 inch high wall two inches off of the stem and 8-9 inches back with a completely uneven shape. Maybe Blue, Cervelo, and Specialized should listen to you and make their top tube look exactly like that
Quote Reply
Re: the official:What really gave me a boost this year is the use of powercranks. [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Keanu, you don't know karate.

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
Chill out mate. The point I was making was that your assertion was, and remains, a complete exaggeration.

Please feel free to post any photos of your long-distance race setup, you seem to be pretty keen for the board to listen to you.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you race with the PowerCranks or just train with them? I'm not that handy so it seems difficult to change them out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next