Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
people keep asking, so here's an image of the angular adjustment of the pads. since the pad clamp and the extension clamp are separate pieces, they can adjust both axially along the extension as well as rotating around the extension. the pad holder is faceted so that it can accomodate the angular adjustment. thanks for the questions and PM's on this, you are all right in that we have not done the best job explaining some of the cool fit features of the bar.

As for Ken's question, that is really more for the OEM's to answer. We make the parts that we want to ride and that solve issues that we believe to be important, or add features that are unique, and then we put it out there to see if anybody wants it. Whether OEM's want to spec the parts is up to them...though I will say that we've taken quite a few calls on it as people everywhere both customers, dealers and OEM brands all seem to be really interested in the adjustability as well as the clean look of the thing.

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [joshatzipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like a pretty nice system, and priced right. Any thoughts on producing a version with a narrower basebar? 38cm? 34cm...?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waitebe wrote:
For the above bar configuration, the clamp the armrests attach to can be adjusted 25mm (straddling the extension clamp) and 50mm (in front or behind the extension clamp) fore or aft.
This angle adjustability is probably one of the coolest thing I've seen in a while...

Quote | Reply
Not directed at you, but ... How much will the whole package cost, base bar, pads and extensions ... everything you need?

P.S. Internal cable routing for the extensions and base bar?
Last edited by: vibrolux: Apr 26, 12 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vibrolux wrote:
Not directed at you, but ... How much will the whole package cost, base bar, pads and extensions ... everything you need?

P.S. Internal cable routing for the extensions and base bar?

Don't forget a new stem if your current base bar is small (26 versus 31). That is the boat I will be in.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$80 for the basebar
$120 for the clip hardware with pads, etc
$55 for aluminum extensions
$130 for carbon extensions
$200 for VukaShift extensions with integrated shift bosses

So $255 for the full aluminum setup.

Yes, internal cable routing on all extension options and on basebar.
The clip is purchased as an above or below bar system, and there are also all sorts of high-rise spacers and such described here along with pricing:

http://www.zipp.com/bars/vuka-alumina-clip/

http://www.SILCA.cc
Check out my podcast, inside stories from more than 20 years of product and tech innovation from inside the Pro Peloton and Pro Triathlon worlds!
http://www.marginalgainspodcast.cc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh-

Any idea which online retailers will be carrying these products at launch, or can they just be ordered on your site? And are we looking at early June?

Thanks!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just take my damn money already!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [Izlude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AAAARGGGHHH!

Now July availability. Really wanted these before the Racine HIM. Foooook.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any reason I couldn't/shouldn't use my own clip on's and just get the basebar (running a standard bontrager setup on an SC 7.2)?

Yes, it would look sweet to have it all Zipp, just wondering what the cons would be with just getting the basebar by itself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These look amazing. Thing is, I want to keep my 26.0 base bar. I know the Vuka Clip ships with spacers to fit 26.0, but will the Alumina?

Thanks and congrats on another excellent-looking product.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very Nice!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [jcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcd wrote:
These look amazing. Thing is, I want to keep my 26.0 base bar. I know the Vuka Clip ships with spacers to fit 26.0, but will the Alumina?

Thanks and congrats on another excellent-looking product.

That might do it for me too, I would probably just buy the clips to get me lower with some adjustability on my current base with current extensions.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want the clips to get me HIGHER, as my existing bar has the pads right on top of it with the extensions below it. I have to use stem spacers to gain stack height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a clean setup! I'm in!! Any chance the set-up will be avail before July?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
I want the clips to get me HIGHER, as my existing bar has the pads right on top of it with the extensions below it. I have to use stem spacers to gain stack height.

what about spacers under the pads? pics of your set up?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [yatyas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yatyas wrote:
Looks like a clean setup! I'm in!! Any chance the set-up will be avail before July?

i doubt it....the original date was June and they just moved it out to July.

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can get you from 37mm armrest stack height up to 110mm armrest stack height.

Quote | Reply
The alumina will not ship with spacers to adapt to other bar diameters. Think about how much cooler you would look with our new Vuka Alumina basebar or carbon Vuka Bull basebar...

Quote | Reply
odin99 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:

what about spacers under the pads? pics of your set up?

Not really possible (as far as I know). I'm using Easton Aeroforce Mod aerobars. I actually have 2 elbow pads glued on top of each other to add that extra 5-7mm of stack height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh
Any word on a availability date in July?

Thanks

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on the release?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [yatyas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just spoke to a Zipp representative and that person have told me that you can place your order now and the products will be shipped early August.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp introduces the Vuka Alumina aero cockpit [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3rd week of July
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And just to make sure... will my carbon extensions from my Vuka Aero set up fit this?
Quote Reply

Prev Next