Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sprints, train for oly next year, du, TT

1995 Scott MK 1.0 MTB

2003 Trek 2000

Rio Rancho, NM
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

Some sprints, a couple of dus, emphasis on the slowly part. Oly next year?

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Old QR so I won't be accused of posing, whatever that is, and a Leader road bike, likewise

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)

Western New York, where the season has shut down and some people are dusting off their trainers.

-SD[/reply]

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Btag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sprint and Oly, plan is to do 1-2 half IM's next yr, perhaps IMLP in '06

MTB (used to race Expert, did a 24 hr race once), road bike (for fun and training, some charity centuries), adventure racing (sprint, and 24 hr so far). Don't know if rock (and ice) climbing count(s) as "slowly twitching" sorta activities, but I actually do them more now than any of the above.

Road/Tri - '99 Klein Quantum Race, stock everything, w/ Profile clip on aero bars. Considering some race wheels....

MTB - old bike: '97 ProFlex 957 w/ loads of ELS (Expensive, Lightweight Sh!t)

- really old bike: '94 RockHopper, w/ big gearing (48t) and 1.4 cross tires ='s crappy weather road bike

Live/ride/race: Hudson Valley, NY

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlons. Sprints, Halfs and an IM. Only ride Mtb when out riding with the family.

Tri: Planning to purchase a good used 2000 P3.
Road: 2002 Trek 1200
Mtb: 1996 Trek 820

Where do you reside and where do you ride?
I live north of Madison, WI. When not riding the rural roads near my house, I'm usually riding on the Ironman Wisconsin bike course loop or on the trainer in Winter months.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Thierry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" BTW: wouldn't the QR 0 Gravity 03 for $1300
be a good deal/bike for a guy like me ? "

Um, yes if it fits.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT's and Sprints to 1/2 IM's this year.

2 Zipp 2001's , one for racing, one for training (1997 models, but just got them out of the box a few months ago brand new) Training Zipp has Rotor Cranks.

2003 Trek 5500 road bike

1993 or so, Trek 8000 police model mountain bike (bought my bike when I left the Police Mountain Bike Patrol)

Ride on he NE coast of Florida

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#1. have done 3 1/2 IM's, lots of oly's. this year training for long course tri worlds in denmark

#2. I have 3 bikes. Cervelo P2K...2001.

Trek 1400 (the beater bike, now!)...1997.

Kona Explosive mtn bike (bought second hand...not sure of the year).

#3. living and training in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Kurt

kas
http://www.asics.com
http://www.aerobicsfirst.com
Team SynergySport
http://www.hookit.com/...evenson/default.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. I'm mostly and IM guy - I've done some 1/2 IMs and a few shorter distance tris, but only as a way to build strength / endurance for the long day. i would pick a bike race on the weekend over a sprint tri but would ride in the afternoon of either event. I've been thinking a lot about why I like IM best and I think it's because it's so damn hard. there is so off-the-couch way to finish the IM. even low volume training is still hard.

2. I ride a lot of bikes. Right now I train on a Trek 5.9 Madone SL and race on a Trek TT. I also have a LeMond for road racing and I have a cyclo-cross I ride all fall. Aside from some new parts for the bike my biggest tri-related purchases have been a PowerTap Pro and a rear disc. I think both make a big advantage and I would encourage people looking at a CT to get a PowerTap wheel instead.

3. I like in Wisconsin. It's damn cold here now - really cold. So today i'm going to ski for a while before my run and trainer ride. thank god for netflix!
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are in the market for a wattage measuring system and a rear disc, would you consider a "powertap" hub in a disc? Do you think that would have a broad enough market?

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

-- Road, Mtb - mostly 12-hour, 24-hour races.
-- 2002 Giant OCR1, 2002 Trek 8000, Giant commuter, 1954 (?) Schwinn Admiral -- looking for a new road bike in the $1600 - $2000 range. Out of respect to Pooks, I won't say what I'm considering ;-)
Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses) -- just moved to Boston two days ago!

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlon and Running

2004 Kestrel Talon Aero

Suburban Philadelphia

-------------
"Knowledge is good" - Emil Faber
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if you could put a powertap in a disc some people would buy it, but it's so specialized and would be so expensive ($1800+ i would guess). I think for that money I would buy an SRM instead. I race a lot on the PT (i have a bontrager aero rim on it) and am going to re-build it onto a carbon rim to make it a bit more race ready.

The best thing that PT could do I think is match the SL hub with a really light rim to make a good climbing / road racing wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

1. Triathlons - Sprints

2. 2004 Litespeed Classic

3. Toronto, ON, ride the lakeshore bike path and will venture up north in the good weather.

-------------------------------------
http://www.PlusPerformanceFitness.com
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the new Zipp website, we are selling several wheels built with the powertap SL hub now.

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

IM, Oly, TT and 24 Hour Mtn Bike Solo

Performance, R100 I think, 2002

Orange Evo 4 2005

Specialized Hardrock Comp 2001

Waiting for Cervelo P2K 2005 or Felt 2005 S32???? in May

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)

South Downs, Ashdown Forest, East Sussex, UK.........basically for those with kids, where Winnie the Pooh lived :) (thats if you believe in AA Milne, if not where he wrote the books)

Thanks for all your input!

You are welcome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boise, Idaho

1/2 IM, and Oly's this summer. Newbie to the sport.

Mountain- Old Trek 820

First Bike- Univega Supra Sport 60cm. Pretty basic

Newest bike- Softride Century- Looking forward to putting miles on when weather turns.

I'm a Commodity Manager for an contract electronics manufacturer.

Ride both road and mountains, although road mostly.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [thomps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size P3 are you looking for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Triathlete doing a sprint, 3 HIMs and IM Florida this year. Also a marathon in March. Have been doing tris for 18 years including 3xIM Hawaii plus additional 12 IMs. HIM is my favorite distance.

2. My road bike is a Trek 5500 and my tri bike is a Colnago C40 Tri.

3. I ride and run the rolling hills of central Pennsylvania. Nice and cold right now.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My racing interest change from year to year. This year 2 1/2 irons an oly and a couple sprints.

I have a 2004 Kestrel Talon.

I live in Boulder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Dus and Century Rides

- 05 Cervelo Dual, 02 Trek 2200 w/ Campy Eurus

- Atlanta and N. Georgia 'Mtns' (Dahlonega)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Train for: sprints, Oly and 1/2 IM.

Ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Elite and 2003 Bianchi Pista fixed.

Live and ride: Alameda, CA and the East Bay Hills

fka: bassman

After the swim, I'm a fish outta water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman and Half Ironmans

'02 Giant TCR Composite w/ Dura Ace 9spd
'04 Cervelo P3 w/ Dura Ace 10spd & Zipp 404s

Sammamish, WA and anywhere that I can (due to the damn winter its mainly on the trainer)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sprints, DU's, STP (seattle to portland double century), at least one classic a year and a few MTB events

late 90's Specialized Stumpjumper. Bought second hand for dirt cheap.

2004 Bianchi Vigorelli Not really top of the line but I get by with what I can.

Olympia Wa. Most of my riding is done south of here in the bucoda/tenino/rochester area. I loves hills so also go out to Rainier when possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race Duathlons and Triathlons from sprint to IM distances, but, I wouldn't say I race the IM distance ;-)

Ride a 2002 Talon Road bike for the rare large group ride, as long as the ride is short. But, 99% of the time I am fortunate and grateful that I am able to ride a 2004 Titan Flex without back pain. Back problems are forcing me to retire from long training/racing on my 2003 Yaqui Carbo...which makes me sad.

Reside and ride mainly in the Central Savannah River Area.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 or 8 5K's

2 10K's

Cleveland Marathon in Spring

Akron Marathon in Fall

2 Sprint Tri's, 2 Olympic and body willing my first 1/2 Ironman

05 Felt S22 bought from Tom D.

98 Specialized

Live in Uniontown, Ohio between Akron and Canton.

------------------------------------------------------------

...If wishes were fishes we would all cast nets.
Quote Reply

Prev Next