Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlete

Cervelo P3 & Litespeed Blade

Oahu, Hawaii
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taskmaster
2004 Felt F-15 w/Campy Record and Ritchey Carbon Wheels.
Recreational Tri/Road
I live within close proximity of all that is cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [taskmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"All that is cool"

So is that the north pole or south pole?

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road racing/crits/tt's

Road bike: 2003 Look kg381i Record
CX: Custom CX bike with various parts
TT: Javelin
Fixed Gear: converted Nishiki to sweet FG ride

jeremyb

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was the move to LV,NV?

I've got an opportunity to go to Sparks? Anything going on there?

Did you ever make it to Interbike and get in?

I loved that Vegas weather.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic Tri

05 Felt S-22

04 Softride Rocket TT
The Citadel, Charleston, SC

------------------------------------------------------------
Matt
NSDQ!
Last edited by: citadeltri: Oct 16, 04 19:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sprint and Olympic Distance Tri's (was training for 1/2 IM until Hurricane Charley gave me new priorities)

2004 QR Tiphoon, 2004 Kestrel Talon Road set-up

I live in Port Charlotte, Florida (west coast right next to Punta Gorda), I ride with a cycling and triathlon club called "Cycle Haus." We mainly ride in Port Charlotte and North Port. Sometimes catch a ride in Venice and Sarasota, FL.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Working my way towards my goal of IMNZ 2006. Haven't raced this year, as moved to Borneo from Texas, so upset the training and racing options. Getting back into some distance and just trying to keep the injuries at bay.

Chucks bikes special, tri frame, 105 etc. Looking at a rocket tt frame secondhand sometime next year.

Brunei, N.W. Borneo, ride the local roads and try to not get killed.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri's - all distances

tri - cervelo p2

road - specialized allez

mtn. - dean oscar

live/ ride - southwestern ontario, canada

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tris all distances (HIM and IM favorites)

Tri: 2004 P3

Road: 2002 Specialized S-Works E5, Fixed: 2004 Specialized Langster, Touring: 1996 Trek 5200

MTB: 2001 Gary Fisher Super Calibre

Ride: Upstate NY, Finger Lakes

Cheers!

Trevor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training for Oly tris

05 Specialized Allez elite

near Dallas, TX but relocating soon to Atlanta area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Former runner with physical challenges that have limited my running, and since they don't do swim-bike Dus, I'm a triathlete and coach. I like to train long and race short: Oly and sprint with the occasional half IM. Might do an IM next year (Cali, because it won't screw up my season).

Cycling events: 2000 Trek 5200 with 60K miles on it
Tris: 2003 BP Stealth, DA gears, brakes and pedals, HED bars, Aspide Tri saddle, rotor cranks, Accell II rear wheel, HED Cx front.

Walnut Creek, CA

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mostly Mid-Atlantic regional and local Tri / Du scene.

'03 Felt S22, Renn Disk, Mavic Carbone

Ride flat to rolling in SE NJ, hills in the DE County PA area.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Allez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Completed sprints, oly, and a half and some crits and road races. Training for a full.

Douglas Precision Plus, road bike

Cervelo P3, tri

Bob Jackson Super Tourist, towing the kids

Atlanta, Ga.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [damn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1/2 IM, IM

Cannondale R2000, Guru Trilite

NW Florida (Hurrican Alley)

S 36
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Trilite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)
Running races: 5k, 10k, marathon coming up
Triathlon: sprint and Olympic distances, hopefully Half IM and IM distances soon

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?
Racing: 2004 Yaqui Carbo 55cm/78deg
Training: 1999 Principia 650 time trial frame, Ultegra

Where do you reside and where? (generally, no addresses)
Ilmenau, Germany & Kalkar, Germany
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training to be able to train for an Ironman, Western States 100, and RAAM. All three are a long way off as of today.

'03 Klein Q-Carbon Team.

Majority of workouts done in Angeles National Forest and soon Lake Arrowhead area in Southern CA, where I'm moving tommorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mainly 1/2 IM and IM races

tri - 2003 p2k w/zipp 404s, renn disc, fsa compacts, arione tri

road - specialized allez comp, kestrel 200sci

wish list - cervelo superprodigy, cervelo r2.5, cervelo p3carbon (i know, join the club)

riding up by me in north jersey isn't too great, so i do most of my riding near where my family live in s jersey.

offseason training for 2005 boston marathon, im cda, im canada, and looking to sign up for im florida as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey SuperDave -- Thanks for asking!

The move itself was great ... nothing like driving across the desert southwest in a rented Uhaul with no radio reception!

My wife and I like LV so much, we've already decided to move to Colorado next summer. She's a veterinarian, and has taken a position with the Colorado State vet school in Fort Collins. We're both very excited about moving to CO and leaving LV. Las Vegas is a fun place to visit, but living here sucks. Imagine all of the worst things about southern california (traffic, crime, smog etc), but it's hotter and there's not beach.

Sparks is a long way from LV, it's up by Reno and Lake Tahoe, I think. I've never been there. Being that close to tahoe, it's probably cooler with better scenery.

re: the weather: right now, it's perfect. beautiful. I did the Las Vegas century yesterday (all 110 miles, it was a little long), and it was fantastic. Shorts and a short sleeve jersey in mid October. Keep in mind, summer here is 6 months long and it gets extremely hot (110+) is common. From our arrival on June 1, until mid Sept., it topped 100 all but a handful of days.

I managed to make it into Interbike on Friday. My friend Bill is a sales rep for Giant, and he got me a badge. I had a great time. Your bikes look great ... one of the most complete lines in the show. I wrote a rambling review of what I liked.

Take care
jason

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)
Tri, all distances but focus this year has been on IMFL (1st IM!)

Tri- 04 YAQUI CARBO!!!!!!!

Road - 01 Specialized Allez

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)
NY, Long Island area

Thanks for all your input!

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SD,

I live about 1.2 miles from your HQ (in Lake Forest) :-). I haven't raced in 2 years, but I refuse to call it "retired" (after 10 years). I'm hoping to get back into short course racing next year, perhaps a IM distance race late in the year (non IMNA), then maybe go long again in 2006.

Strictly road and/or tri bikes. I've never even owned a MTB (although I would like to, just need more $$$'s).

...and Santiago Canyon Road is pretty much my domain. It's easy to ride up, turn around and come back. Occasionally I'll drive somewhere to ride flat ;-)

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
OOPS...I forgot.. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently ride a Kestrel Talon, but looking for new bike. Probably tri - I just can't make these slacker angled bikes work for me for tri (probably ride 80 degrees or so).

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sprint, Olympic distance

1998 Litespeed Classic (upgraded to Campy Record 10 speed last year)

2002? Yaqui (bought it used on ebay. Wheels were worth as much as I paid for whole thing.)

Eastchester, NY Ride Westchester County, NY, and Fairfield county CT.

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
I'd love a swim/bike du!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running is the bane of my triathlon existance. Sucks when I got from 4th to 9th in AG at Nationals because of my run. LOL

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What sport are you slowly twitching?
What sport are you slowly twitching?
Triathalons, Byron Bay Oly, HIMGC, HIMForster, IMWA
Softride on the computrainer Felt DA with zipp 909's and dura ace for the road
Where do you reside and where do you ride? Sydney, Australia. Usually ride on the M2 near my place or head down to Waterfall or north to Wisemans Ferry.

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
abstains from giving in words evidence of the fact"
George Eliot
Quote Reply

Prev Next