Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri - all distances

99' KM-40

Phoenix

Computrainer during the week

Northeast Phoenix on the weekends
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [TriHanrahan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlons over the last 10 years of various distances. 50 races total. Over the last 4 years only 10 races of the they are broken down as 4 full ironman, 3 half ironman, 1 olympic distance and, 2 sprints. I am signed up for Lake Placid this summer and it may be my only race this year unless I decide to jump into the Great Floridian (Probably full maybe the half).

I ride an old school style Softride Power V set up for comfort over the distance. I'm positioned more like Zack than Bjorn. Just recently added a Power Tap that I finally repositioned so that it picks up most of the time. I'm hoping that the use of a power meter will help me better ration my energies up the hills in Lake Placid.

I live in pancake flat Naples, Florida. It's great for riding during the winter. But having no hills really limits my training.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly.

2004 Guru Aero-Ti w/DA10 & Easton Attack.
2004 Guru Tri-lite w/DA10 & Easton Attack.
2004 Cervelo P3 w/DA10 & HED bars.
2004 Look KX Light w/Campagnolo Record 10 Carbon.

All bikes sittin' on Mavic, Zipp, Hed and Spinergy interchangeably.

I ride mostly around here and all over the world.

Raced 3 races since November: Laguna Phuket, Thailand; RBTT/Fatum, Curacao and Ironman New Zealand.

Doing the local stuff plus Ironman Austria on July 3rd and maybe another Ironman in fall...

I live in Dearborn, Michigan in the United States.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newbie... running (5K-1/2M), Tri, Oly, Du & 1/2 IM for this year. At least one marathon and a full IM for the next year!

GIANT Quasar (6 speed) - road bike (old & ooooversized)

soooon... 2004 CERVELO DUAL - tri bike (from Tom D.)

Shelby Township, MI

riding in the backyard of my apartment... Stony Creek METROPARK ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Central FL Triathlete
Sprint to IM
New YAQUI CARBO, DA-10sp, Zipp 909s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)

Thanks for all your input!

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mainly long distance, just finished 3rd IMNZ, but will race most multisport events if so inclined, or half/full marathons.

'96 Trek 2300, '03 Cervelo P2K, unknown vintage Kona MTB

live Wellington NZ and ride the hills around here..
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [mickey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am training for my first Ironman-Ultramax 9/25 in KC- and have completed three halfs and several olys.

I ride a Moots Vamoots road bike. For tris, I add aero-bars, put on a shorter stem, use a no set-back post, and move the seat up and forward.

I live in Evergreen, Colorado and ride in the Rockies and occasionally the plains around Boulder.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where do you shop? I'm assuming from the models of bikes you have that you go to Lebenon and Wheelie Fun, anyone in Cincy that you frequent?

Thanks for the intel!

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Cyborg42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SOMA?

What happened to the Tk2?

Have you been able to get on the track yet?

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you doing Fisk Knob fixed? I've decided not to do it this year, I'm just not ready for that hill with the 53x16!

Good Luck if you go!

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um, I'd really rather not go into it publicly. I have been riding the SOMA on the road (a little at a time, those are different parts of those muscles!!). Haven't been down to the track yet, but I'm hoping to go soon.

Leigh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)

Thanks for all your input!

-SD

1. Triathlon (OD, MD last year, first IM this year), Running (10K, Marathon), Cycling (TT), MB, offroad Tri (2006 mountain extreme utah), long term focus on ultra endurance events

2. 2002 Trek 1400 (used as road bike and tri bike with bend forward seatpost and Syntace C2, its a bike only available in Europe - basically a speced down 1500 (with 105 and tiagra brakes instead of ultegra) Rating 3/5) 2002 Genesis hardtail mountainbike (sucks, 14,5kg used for commuting and winter training, Rating 1/5) 2003 Trek Fuel 90 (rocks - awesome bike, rating 4/5), 2004 QR Caliente (Profile Carbon X, Ultegra, Xentis wheels (www.xentis.at) - best 4 spokes in the world (stiff, durable and faster than me - which is easy))

3. Live in Vienna / Austria, riding mostly around vienna, Klagenfurt IM, Swiss half last year, Next Year will be IM Japan, 2006 will be Utah, rode in Florida this year for Training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any TRI up to 1/2 IM this year, DU, centuries

1997 Cannondale Silk Road --- 2004 Cannondale Ironman 2000

Reside in Massachusetts, ride same and New Hampshire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sport: Oly (two or three this year) and maybe a full distance in september, some half marathons, 10 k run and a marathon. And some single track mountain biking just for recreational purpose.

Ride: Colnago Dream B-stay 2003 mod, Kona Kula Mtb 2000 mod

Where: Oslo, Norway

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mainly long distance triathlons, marathons etc.

2003 P2K - currently in a container on a ship somewhere between London and Tokyo :-(

Reside in Tokyo, Japan and do races all round the world.

2003 was mostly marathons but I did do Wildflower Long Course as well.

Doing Escape from Alcatraz and Ironman Korea this year - most of my training will be on a trainer on my balcony though.

dt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, Martian 1/2 marathon as a final tune up for Boston. I won Fisk Knob 4 or 5 years in a row ( fixed) and felt obligated to defend. Was very grateful when you rode and whooped me so I could retire with honor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the info that's not in my profile...

Sports: Sprint and Olympic Distance triathlons, Off-road Duathlons, Xterra. First year pro, we'll see how that goes.

Bikes: Javelin Arcole tri bike with Shimano DA9, ultegra brakes, Zipp race wheels; Kestrel 200sci road bike with Shimano 9 mix mostly DA...for sale right now; Jamis Dragon Hardtail mtb with only a shimano Crank and FD...SRAM and disc brakes rule; Hammerhead100x full suspension with similar build kit to hardtail... http://www.hammerheadbikes.com.

Reside: 5.5 years in Austin, TX...all 29 in Texas hence the handle

Ride: computrainer during the week, roads and trails on the weekends

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Mainly tri and some Du I like all distances

2) Bikes:

Yaqui Ocotillo

2001 Klein Quantum Race

1976ish Colnago Super

Marinoni with PCs

3) San Diego
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tris, sprints, oly, 1 1/2IM this year, dus, adventure

2002 P2K & 1985 Vitus w/full Camp Super Record

Mostly roads and local Rails to Trails called the St. Tammany Trace

North of New Orleans

Bob Sigerson
Last edited by: sig: Mar 26, 04 13:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome Posts everyone. I'm amazed at the variety of all of the athletes here and equally amazed at all their different bikes.

It seems some bikes and races have a story to tell and I thank those of you that told theirs breifly here.

This quick post revealed how close some of you are (SE Mich) and how widespread this forum reaches (SoCal to NYC to Belgium to NZ!)

Here is another thought, would your interest in this sport and particularly this discussion forum compel you to purchase a t-shirt, jersey, keychain, water bottle, or other such trinket?

Also, has this forum lead you to purchase something that you may not have if you hadn't been turned on to it here?

Thanks again for the responses and please feel free to respond to the original post.

Come to think of it, perhaps I should repost the new question in another thread...

-SD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is another thought, would your interest in this sport and particularly this discussion forum compel you to purchase a t-shirt, jersey, keychain, water bottle, or other such trinket?
----------------------------------------------------------------------of course it has...buying of the TSR jerseys and maybe a tshirt as well----------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, has this forum lead you to purchase something that you may not have if you hadn't been turned on to it here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------not yet but the whole Fizik Arione thing has me curious..unless I can coerce CG to sell me the other seat he bought at the bike show;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bikes:

Ti Cycles custom ultralight road bike

(2) Ti Cycles cross bikes

no-name Russian Ti TT/Tri bike

Ti Cycles custom steel track bike

Fat City Yo Edddy mountain bike

Raleigh AL rain bike (old team bike, fendered up...)

No-name lugged steel road bike set up as a road fixe w/fenders

Ibis Mtn bike, currently in pieces

Fancy useless high zoot "funny bike" (650f/700r) forget the builder. In storage.

Elite Tri/TT bike is in the works...

I live in Seattle, and ride mostly in the Northwest, in as many disciplines as I can find time for.

MH

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) : Tri - sprint, oly, 1/2, some Du, some Aquathlon, some TT, some 5k, 10k.

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? 1998 Aquila Triathlon, 1994 Lightspeed Obed, 2001 Surly Steam Roller, 2003 Fetish Cycles frame (new project).

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses) Tempe, AZ, mostly metro phx

Ed

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sport: Tris (Sprints and Half IMs, misc running events)

Bike: 2003 Felt F50, Tri setup.

Reside: Tucson, AZ

Tucker
Quote Reply

Prev Next