Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing: Running: 5k up to 50mi Ultras with a tendency toward Marathons, 2:54 PR

Cycling: Occasional stage race, but mostly TTs as adjunct "training" for tri/du

Tri: Sprint to IM, was forced to shelve a Great Floridian entry last year due to an accident. I don't expect to race longer than 1/2 IM for a few years now due to time available for training. Hawaii will have to wait.

Du: This has probably become my main focus now after my accident last year, due to time available in the next few years. I am fairly fast (AG) combining running and cycling, as in able to run sub 18 5ks onto and off the bike.

Bikes: TT/Tri/Du: Kestrel Talon SL, DA, Hed Aero bars, PowerTap Pro, Hed H3 set, Hed Alps set, Mavic Classics set, Mavic Cosmos set. I'm set up to ride about 75.5 degrees nominal, though I moved very slightly forward on the saddle during hard racing efforts (Probably 76.5 effective seat angle). I run VERY well off this position. . .slightly better than the 78 degrees on my previous Litespeed Saber that got crunched in the wreck.

Road: Specialized 2002 Allez Comp, Ultegra with a few upgrades, also set up for the PT Pro. Wheelsets are mix and match from above depending on usage needs.

Mountain: NONE. . .why tempt fate? The only MB I ever owned got used for downtown grocery runs in Charleston, South Carolina.

Location: I am currently in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. I'll be moving to Quantico, Virginia this summer. A year later. . .who knows. . .wherever the Marine Corps needs me. Hopefully it needs me in SoCal. Barring that, Beaufort, South Carolina would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Du, oly and sprint tri, TT, RR

2000 Cervelo P3, 2003 Cervelo Soloist

NYC, tri state area

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark C

Tri - Cervelo P3 Road - Fuji Team MTB - Salsa Scandium

Virginia Beach, VA

Tris - sprint to half, Xterra, and occasional road races, bike races, and swim meets. Trying to lower my pb's for 5k road race, 40k tt, and 500 yd scy. (and have fun doing it)

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Mark C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread is amazing. I went all the way through it expecting to see some nekkid pics of someone based on the number of posts. :)

Do: mostly tris. Will do an occasional du or run a 5k or 10k if it's convenient, but the focus is tri. Will probably do 2-3 olys, 1-2 springs and a 1/2 this year.

Ride: Schwinn Peloton road bike

Just bought a Yacqui Carbo tri bike

MTB: I don't even know what it is. It's a hand me down that is only used when I do canoe day trips. With the seat post down and the front tire off, I can fit it in the canoe. Finding a bridge and riding back to the car eliminates the need for a shuttle.

Reside: Nashville, work downtown, reside in the suburbs just to the south.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Mark C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to improve my IM -best of a 7th place overall this year at IM Lake Placid and IM west-Australia.

Bike : SCOTT TEAM ISSUE CR1 full carbon, dura ace 10-speed,

Belgium, home of the fast triathletes

http://www.wimdedoncker.be
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oly and Sprint tri's and du's and occasionally a 5k or 10k road race. I might run the Indy Mini with some friends this year. I did my first pure biking event (a TT) this past winter and got destroyed! ...a lapse in training will do that...

'01 QR PR with '02 Ultegra
'87 Trek 650 (Reynold's 531) with '02 Ultegra (except for original 105 ders, which have seen their share of rebuilding and who are finally starting to give up the ghost)
A good steel bike will last you a lifetime!

Currently in St. Louis, MO, but this may be a busy year...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) >>

Sprint/Oly tri. 5k/10k/maybe 1/2 mary this year. Was gonna do a 1/2 IM but school has been eating into training time this year. Grenaded a slushbox in the Ford so that ate up my race budget.

<<What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? >>

'98 C'dale R800 w/full 105.

<<Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)>>

Live: Olympia, Washington. Ride: All over Thurston County.

Brett
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [timberwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) >>

A few sprints, one 1/2 and hopefully IMC again this year...Yet to race oly. Would like to race more than 6-7 races this year (raced 12 last summer), but coach is against it...:P

<<What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? >>

2002 Guru Chron'Alu. Modded Aerolite bars, Renn Rear. Ksyrium Front. Sweet paint job. Speedplay zero's (match bike color). Full ultegra. Azoto seat. Ninteen forward seatpost.

<<Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)>>

Live: Summer : Edmonton, AB School year: Kingston, ON (Canada)

Ride: hopefully some riding in BC this year, as well as alberta.

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road Race, Half IM, IM. 2003 Eddy Merckx Race sl Auckland, New Zealand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road races and the occasional du.

1999 Colnago Master Light, full Record, ADA wheels for race wheels (my training partner is JEALOUS!!!). 1998 Corima Fox for dus, Lotus Sport 110 w/ Mavic Zap for fun.

St. Louis, MO metro area.

Call me Big Dick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri and Du... IM (canada this year) long course to sprint

Hotta TT with Hed Aerobars, and ultgra mix for short course, Zipp disc and Corima 4 spoke front

Kestrel Talon with Sweet cranks, Oval fork, syntace, and 8sp DA

'04 Giant carbon TCR, with full ultegra, which is lighter and a nicer ridethen anything I race on....right off the floor.... Dream bike would be this frame with 10sp DA and ADA wheels, or Id even settle for some Zipp 303's.

Home: 'Action City' baby...Traning mecca....forget San Diego and Boulder.................OKC, OK
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [G Cottrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If my knee heals up, plan to do a Du a sprint and an Oly this year. Just got back in the pool last night for the first time since last Oct.

Road Giant TCR composite

Tri Felt/Easton funnybike

Mtn KHS Pro-team FXT FS

Live in Huntington Beach CA, but was born a ways down the Yellowstone River from mcKenzie and Kenny, in Sidney, MT. Still have family up that way. Great place to visit.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been doing 3 to 5 sprints and Olys every year for 18 years, did Muncie 1/2 iron once, and would love to do the distance again, but don't think the knees will be able to take it. In 2001 when the knees were real bad from running, I did 10 MTB races and a few cyclocross races.

20 yr old Motobecane Mirage that stays on the trainer all year. 1987 Centurion Dave Scott ironman expert that I raced until 3 years ago. 12 yr old Nishiki Alien MTB that I ride alot on the all proupose trail. 1999 Giant XTC SE 2 MTB for off road racing and a few Xterras. 2000 Giant TCR2 for tris.

Cleveland Ohio for 45 of my 47 years.

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster"
Quote Reply
Me and my... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sports...
Tri (some sprint, some Oly, some 1/2s, one full (IMWI) and the Desoto TTT)
MTB
Cyclo
Road
Crit
Run (5k, 10k, 1/2 mara)

Rides...

2004 Litespeed Ghisallo, DA10
2003 QR TiPhoon, DA9
2003 Merlin Ixios (one off cyclocross bike), Ultegra
2003 Tomac Revolver Pro
2004 Merlin XLM, XTR Disc (set up as townie bike for the paved trails)
2004 Litespeed Blade, DA 10 (on the way)
2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Ultegera
2004 Merlin Agilis (frameset for now)

Residence...
Aurora, IL (outside chicago)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like the perfect thread to chime in on with my first post - have been lurking here for quite a while and have learnt a huge amount from you guys.

Tri's - Sprint to IM debut in South Africa 2005 hopefully. (Did PE Half Ironman last Sunday and had a blast doing my first HIM.)

Riding a Raleigh RC 2000 road bike (Local SA entry level version but a man has to start somewhere!)

Live and ride mainly in adn around Johannesburg, South Africa.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [stl_triness] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did IMFL last year . I live in Rolla If you have any questions e-mail me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

Last year, sprints and Olympic tris, this year olympics, half IM's and full IM's

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Tri-bike, 2003 Felt S32, Road-Bike 1986 GIOS Torino

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)

SE Michigan, Hines Drive to Brighton

jaretj

Every calendar's days are numbered
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Tri Oly and 1/2IM, marathon, 40K road TT

2) 2000 Klein Quantum Race

3) Pittsford, NY, ride all over upstate NY

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Pure Demographics here:

What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..) Boston Marathon, Triple T solo, Boston- Montreal-Boston Bike ultra.

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? Cannondale road with a new knee sized dent in the TT, Trek Y foil tor Tris, Santa Cruz Blur mtb, Cannondale Road Tandem (which my twins put in a two wheel drift and recovered from in one of their first rides on it), Nukeprook Titanium hardtail which is soon to be a SS, Fuji Track bikebought used from F. Andreu (must have been about 13 when he used it based on size), Cannondale cyclocross bike with front suspension which has bizaar geometry and is kept in Raleigh, NC for when I'm down their for work..

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses) Detroit area

Thanks for all your input!

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First race of year will be sprint distance Escape from Fort Desoto April 17th followed by St. Anthony's Olympic distance April 25th, both in St. Pete, Florida. I plan on doing several local sprints throughout the summer, a 4th of July Charlotte Harbor, FL swim, Disney Olympic distance in Sept., then Great Floridian 1/2 IM in October. Also plan on doing a century or two.

Bike 1 is 2004 QR Tiphoon, full Ultegra with Real Design Supersonic carbon wheelset for racing and Velomax Vista wheels for training.

Bike 2 is 2004 Cannondale Ironman 800. Was a gift from a dealer.

Bike 3 is a KHS Flite 2000 road bike with full ultegra.

I live in sunny and windy southwest Florida. Charlotte County. Obviously, all my rides are locally.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getting ready for couple of Half Ironman, and Full Ironman this year.

Ride Quintana Roo Tri bike (Ti) for racing.

Road bike is Firenze.

Living in Chicago, IL

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

Tri's since 2001, sprints then olympic, 2003 first 1/2 IMs, this year 1st IM (Zürich)

Running since 2001, 1st Marathon 2003, another one in 10 days.

> What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Road: 2000 (?) Colnago Dream (mix 105/DA)

MTB: 2003 cannondale Scapel

Tri: 2001 cervelo One (DA). Wheels: Zipp 303 and a Renn diisc, a Lightweight 12 spoke front and rear disc should be here some time soon. Trying to purchase a P3 or Felt DA 650 if somebody is willing to sell me one :-/.

> Where do you reside and where do you ride?

Wettingen (20km outside of Zürich), Switzerland, ride: currently on my CompuTrainer since the weather is really bad :-(, otherwise all over the place here, training camp in Gran Canaria in January and again in 14 days.

Simon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any tri distance. Sprint-IM. Adventure races 8-36 hours.

Softride Classic TT.

Klein Pulse mtb

I live in Chicago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

Sprint, oly, and 1/2 in fall, mabye a marathon

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

2003 Giant TCR composite, 1991? Cannondale 3.0

Where do you reside and where do you ride?

Las Vegas, best ride is Red Rock

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [haslamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually 1 1/2 iron a year w/ several shorter ones every year. Lots of different run distances.

Bike is a 3rd hand Cannondale R700 (yes I'd take a new one if anyone has one).

John
Quote Reply

Prev Next