Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM, Oly, Du, RR, mtb, whatever

Road: 2002 soloist

Tri: 2001 P3

Mtb: 2003 Superlight

Beater: 1999 Raleigh R700

Socal
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri's: 1/2 IM and Full IM

Road: 2003 Litespeed Vortex DA9

Tri: 2003 QR TiPhoon DA9, Corima 4 Spoke rear and Corima Medium 12 spoke front

North Carolina
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sprint triathlon

1986 Vitus 979, 1997 Softride Powerwing 700, 2002 Trek OCLV 110

Minneapolis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll do Tri and Du Long Course Worlds' and either the US Half Ironman Championships or GFT

'02 Cannondale R3000

'04 Kestrel Airfoil once it shows up out of production

St.Louis, MO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I win the crapiest bike thing:

beater: 1997 GT course (Reynolds 853 - 54.5cmTT - 11cm HT)
Mtn: Schwinn HomeGrown

100-150 miles/wk, lots of climbing in Angeles Forest
race just ~one tri per year

BTW: wouldn't the QR 0 Gravity 03 for $1300
be a good deal/bike for a guy like me ?

Thierry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tris - Olympic

Cervelo P2K, Cannondale M400, Specialized Allez pro

Chicagoland, IL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? (tri Oly, Du, TT, Mtb?..)

Firmman 1/2 IM in 04, San Diego marathon in early 05, Lake Placid IM in 05, Survival of Shawangunks in 05

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have?

Giant TCR2 Aero from 2001 I think. Alum frame, came with 105 parts, been upgrading to Ultegra.

Where do you reside and where do you ride? (generally, no addresses)

Brooklyn, NY. Ride in Prospect Park and out to New Jersey.

Lee Silverman
JackRabbit Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...what about you?"

Oh, I haven't done a multisport race since '92, or about 50 pounds ago. I mostly race on the Velodrome and the Road with a little MTB and 'cross to keep me dirty.

I've got LOTS of bikes, but right now I'm riding:

Ritchey Break Away w/WCS & Campy Record10
Felt DA 650 w/ Record/Chrous 10 H3/Zipp Disc
Serotta Track Sprint bike: D-Ace 167.5s, iO front & 909 rear
GT Superbike for pusuit: FSA Vigorelli 170s, Comete or iO front & 909 rear
Felt Tk2 for mass start FSA 167.5s, Specialized trispokes F&R
Santana Fusion Tandem
MTB hardtail Felt epo w/XTR
MTB F/S Giant NRS Air w/XTR
Colnago Dream Cross w/ Magic Motorcycle & Record 9s
JamesFrames.com singlespeed w/ 1FS
Panasonic fixed gear w/ 45tx19 & D-Ace front brake

The rest of the collection is either on eBay or about to be.

I'm in Detroit, MI but moving ...soon

Thanks for asking!
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Last edited by: SuperDave: Mar 22, 04 20:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race schedule for this year ... Muskoka Long Course Tri, Peterborough 1/2, Kingston Long Course, Cobourg Sprint, Parry Sound or Ottawa 1/2 then on to Kona for the big show

Ride ... Cannondale R700 2.8 series tri bike and Wheeler Titanium

Location .... Frankford, Ontario
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
running races only for 1st and 4th quarter, bike races only 2nd and 3rd quarter (mainly TT's).

2000 Trek 2500, 2003 Trek 5500, 2003 Elite Magnus, 2000 Trek 8000 MTB

Maine . . . where all the roads suck.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sports: IM's, Halfs, Olympic triathlons, a few running races, and mountain biking as I can fit it in. (I actually raced as a professional mountain biker from 1991-1995)

Bikes:
Road: 03 Litespeed Ghisallo, Dura Ace 9, Fizik Arione Saddle, Ksyrium SL wheels

Tri: 04 Litespeed Blade, Dura Ace 9, Fizik Arione Saddle, Reynolds, Zipp and Real wheels

MTB: 04 Tomac Revolver, XT

(Plus of course I am lucky enough being able to demo any other QR, Merlin, Litespeed or Tomac bike most of the time)

Home:
Born and grew up in Ostrach, Germany (near the Lake of Constance)

Now reside in Chattanooga, TN

Herbert
Litespeed/QR
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm mainly a duathlete and triathlete who can't swim. Switched over from a 650 SOFTRIDE Powerwing to a 700c Fetish Aero/7005 aluminum frame this year. Reside in lovely Cedar Hill, TX. Wind anyone?

Hello Mr. Tibbs---do I know thee???

RunFAR Racing Services
http://www.Run-far.com
Team Cambridge
Hilltop Bicycle Repair
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [TriOwensboro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
some road racing/as many time trials as i can

98 cannondale road

96?clark-kent 78 degree seat tubed road bike

98 smythe road 76 degree

87 smythe tt funny bike

2003 tiemeyer tt bike

two mtbs

1 commuter bike i ride every day

tallahassee fl
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    Training for long distance tris - Muncie and IM Wisconsin are my main events this year. Also some shorter local events - tris, dus, bike TT's, and runs - as they fit the training schedule.
1997 Softride Powerwing w. compact crankset, Syntace bar and aerobar. Still running 8 speed - for now, it seems to be enough.
I live on the south edge of Indianapolis and ride mainly on the nearby country roads. I usually make one or two trips a year to the Mansfield, Ohio area to get some hill work on the original Pineman course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-I'm a long-distance tri guy. Either IM Japan or Korea this year, with Oly races for training. Then looking for a good marathon time if I don't make it to Kona.

Bikes:
-2002 Giant TCR-1 frame w/Frankenstein mix of Shimano 105, Ultegra, and Dura Ace

-2002 Look KG386 w/Campy Chorus 10-speed and PowerCranks

-1999 Cervelo P2 tri bike with 650c Ritchey training wheels and Spinergy Rev-X race wheels. Just upgraded fork to a Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero

Reside:
-Just outside Taipei, Taiwan
("Itchy Ghost" is a play on the words "foreign devil" in Mandarin Chinese. They're homonyms.)

The deeper you get the sweeter the pain. Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating.
--New Order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM distance racing
2003 Ghisallo Record 10 (Road)
2004 Guru Tri-Ti DA 10 (Tri)
2002 Merlin MTN (MTN)
Alaska
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [tifreak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sprint, olympic and half Iron

Road: 2002 Giant TCR Zero w/ Ultegra

Tri: 2003 Cervelo Dual w/ Ultegra

Mtn: 2001 Specialized FSR XC w/ XTR

Cross: 2004 Redline Conquest w/Ultegra

Vancouver B.C.
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kenney, i have to say, it's crazy enough that there are two people on the board from montana here, but the fact that we're both from the cleveland area is just too much. i don't know about this.

i grew up south of cleveland, in aurora (yes, sea world, geauga lake - now six flags), and did my undergrad at cincinnati.

as i said before, i don't know about this.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My race schedule:

PPP, Desert (Du)el, Dirty Half(Marathon), Pacific Crest, Hagg Lake, Tri NW and Banzai Oly's with Cycle Idaho thrown in for fun. I've also planned some 10K's, open water swims and sprints this summer as well.

'03 P2K (650c w/DA)

'02 Carrera Adone RC (Red of course!)

'01 Santa Cruz Superlight (XTR)

Even though the Nordic race season is winding down the skiing and snowboarding are still great (20 minutes away) with a 140" base and bluebird conditions. We've been road riding a ton with this high pressure lately and the outdoor lap pool is open.

Mike Schubert

Bend, OR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Softride Century tri bike

Benotto fixed gear bike

I live in Vancouver, BC and ride all over the lower mainland

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What sport are you slowly twitching? TT

What make/model/year of bike(s) do you have? 04 Abici TT, and S-works road, Rotorized of course!

Where do you reside and where do you ride? San Diego
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oly age grouping this year with a lot of TTing as well.

i have an '03 Giant Carbon TCR drizzled with carbon parts and Campag record.

I'm in the UK and ride out in the hills !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri : entered Lanzarote Ironman in May - other races are depending on the outcome and if anything is left in my tired body !

Bikes :

2001 Bernardi Tratto, Altec 2 + roadframe, Visiontech Clip-on bar, 9sp Duraace.

2003 Cervelo Soloist, Syntace C2, 10sp Dura-ace

2004 Cervelo Superprodigy, 10sp Dura-ace

2003 Cervelo P3, Syntace Basebar + Streamliner, 10sp Dura-ace

Copenhagen,Denmark,Scandinavia,Europe
Last edited by: Viking: Mar 23, 04 4:16
Quote Reply
Re: Who are you, What do you ride, Where do you ride it? [Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Events: All triathlons.

Bikes: Ribble Road Bike (Alu. + Ultegra)

Thorn Two Piece Tandem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1/2 IM (Cali 1/2) and IM (Brazil) this year (so far)

2003 Orbea Ultrafoco

2001 Trek Team Time Trial

2000 Softride Rocket TT (for sale, frame only....cheap!!)

1998 Mongoose IBOC Champion

Glendale, CA

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply

Prev Next